Page 452 of 663 FirstFirst ... 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... LastLast
Results 11,276 to 11,300 of 16555

Thread: Ukraine

Pope seems to be repeating the mistakes of WW2 pope. That Pope at least had to worry about Nazis coming for him, this one doesn’t. Why this Pope has such difficulty differentiating between the aggressor and victim is beyond me. Only one side is committing genocide, mass rape, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well, that settles that.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Be a real shame if somehow he was hit by a drone stroke.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

... or fall out of a 10th story window.

...Or got mobilized to glorious Ruski trench in Bakhmut

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Good interview (despite interviewer Anne McElvoy being somewhat annoying) from The Economist with Ben Hodges, who certainly has military credentials as the former commender of U.S. Army Euriope among other posts. He predicts Ukrainian victory, not to mention the dissolution of the Russian Federation.

https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2022/11/24/how-could-ukraine-win-the-war
    I can't see how this isn't the logical conclusion of this debacle. Fuck Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Canadians have a “work ethic”? Or do you mean lack of it?
    "... xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know..."
    Need I say more.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

as I pointed out to buddy, I can buy the gear, train, ski & bike harder

you otoh will still be a lawyer
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-01-2022 at 08:54 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

one more time for those in the back

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E7D3EA45-D7B8-4731-B075-CBD31B222D42.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	412.7 KB 
ID:	436527

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/sta...4J9CZX8LHQHvaw

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    as I pointed out to buddy, I can buy the gear, train, ski & bike harder

you otoh will still be a lawyer
    Now, that IS funny!

FWIW, I’d give a lot to live where you are. But my life seems to be firmly set on its trajectory and your country doesn’t want me there anyway.

Lived 9 months up there though in my youth. Fun times. But when I left it was on Canadian Thanksgiving Day.
    Last edited by billyk; 12-04-2022 at 11:10 AM.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

^ "The FSB was tasked with capturing local officials and lists were compiled that divided Ukrainians into four categories:"
    1. those to be physically liquidated;
    2. those in need of suppression and intimidation;
    3. those considered neutral who could be induced to collaborate;
    4. and those prepared to collaborate.

Russian FSB war crimes involving “denazifying” Ukrainians through deportation, torture, detention and filtration camps is similar to what the Waffen-SS did in occupied areas during WWII. Day after day, genocidal fascism is on the march in Europe's bloodiest war since the Nazis and yet there are people in other threads arguing about Holocaust numbers without realizing Hitler's like Putin's final solution wasn't only death camps. It was a systematic multifaceted far reaching campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    there are people in other threads arguing about Holocaust numbers without realizing Hitler's like Putin's final solution wasn't only death camps. It was a systematic multifaceted far reaching campaign.
    The truly bizarre part of that question appears to be an assumption that it somehow matters which people were murdered where. As if a random execution on the street was somehow not part of the system of the holocaust. Kooks gonna kook.

That Euromaidan piece was a very interesting read. Felt a little too polite WRT western analysis and its optimism bias in 2021, but hopefully that's so obvious it goes without saying.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

https://www-ndtv-com.cdn.ampproject....report-3577055

Conehead would be right in there cleaning him up

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Good piece. Ties into other things I’ve read.
    From ^^^
    … there is “no evidence in the Russian planning that anyone had asked what would occur if any of its key assumptions were wrong” and perhaps most consequential of all, none of the planning afforded any agency to Ukraine.
    Doesn’t sound like the planners remembered the Euromaidan Revolution in 2014. For a good understanding watch the movie “winter on fire” on Netflix. After seeing that, no one should doubt Ukrainian patriotism and resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Now, that IS funny!

FWIW, I’d give a lot to live where you are. But my life seems to be firmly set on its trajectory and your country doesn’t want me there anyway.

Lived 9 months up there though in my youth. Fun times. But when I left it was on Canadian Thanksgiving Day.
    Since you fucking Americans are always a month late cooking the turkey it means you got to celebrate T-giving twice that year

yeah so if you have ever chauffeured the infamous Lee Lau you would have also had your feelings hurt
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Doesn’t sound like the planners remembered the Euromaidan Revolution in 2014. For a good understanding watch the movie “winter on fire” on Netflix. After seeing that, no one should doubt Ukrainian patriotism and resolve.
    Or that's just one more case of their optimism bias: the Kremlin line is that 2014 was a CIA op because all protestors are paid actors.

Strongly agree about Winter on Fire. Crazy moment watching the one guy rush the stage, grab the mic, reject the compromise and turn the course of events. I guess he must have been the CIA op.

“Explosions rock two Russian airbases far from Ukraine frontline
    Russia confirms blasts at military facilities as Kyiv finds way to target long-range bombers”

Maybe this will help wake up the Zitizenry
    which has gotten complacent again.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ntline-bombers

I'm waiting for a big boom*, or a series of them, deep inside Russia. It'll be interesting to see what happens then.

edit: *not nuclear
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Russia confirms blasts at military facilities as Kyiv finds way to target long-range bombers”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/05/explosions-russia-airbases-far-from-ukraine-frontline-bombers
    I bet those won't be the last. Now we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ntline-bombers
    About time. The lack of western support for this has been pissing me off. Any base bombers depart from should be fair game and we should make sure Ukraine has the tools to do it.
    Imagine fighting a war and you're only allowed to bomb your own territory. That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ^ "The FSB was tasked with capturing local officials and lists were compiled that divided Ukrainians into four categories:"
    1. those to be physically liquidated;
    2. those in need of suppression and intimidation;
    3. those considered neutral who could be induced to collaborate;
    4. and those prepared to collaborate.

Russian FSB war crimes involving “denazifying” Ukrainians through deportation, torture, detention and filtration camps is similar to what the Waffen-SS did in occupied areas during WWII. Day after day, genocidal fascism is on the march in Europe's bloodiest war since the Nazis and yet there are people in other threads arguing about Holocaust numbers without realizing Hitler's like Putin's final solution wasn't only death camps. It was a systematic multifaceted far reaching campaign.
    Widespread use of deathcamps came later in the nazi murder fest because their earlier plan - digging pits and shooting people in situ - wasn’t efficient enough for their mass murder needs.

It seems to be no accident that the US released information that Himars launchers have been modified so they can't strike Russia proper, even if Ukraine could get their hands on the long range rockets-they wouldn't work, the same day Ukraine hits 2 Russian air bases deep within Russia.

Maximum embarrassment for Putin. Unable to defend assets deep inside Russia against rudimentary drones of their own design.

Undermines his narrative that they are but a tiny muscrat fighting a fully grown imperialist NATO bear.

I know it isn't fair, and Ukraine should have the weapons. But the tightrope is being walked quite effectively for now by the west.

Meanwhile Ukraine can focus their technical skill on continuing to develop deep strike weapons.

Putin still might outlast us.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I bet those won't be the last. Now we'll see what happens.
    Mess around and find out. If nothing else, it forces Russia to allocate more resources to base defense. No more taking S-300's and using them for surface to surface applications against Ukraine civilians. Or they still can and risk their bases getting hit.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

It is going to be interesting to see how tight the $60/barrel oil cap is adhered to. And more whether Russia does anything about it like cutting off the flow. I don’t mind paying more for oil and gas if it fucks Russia. I really feel for folks in Ukraine heading into Winter

In Kerch bridge news, Putin toured the Kerch bridge today. If the footage is believed, the automobile bridge looks repaired now. The rail bridge looks the same as day 0, presumably still out of service.

Some bridge clips in the middle of this video if you're interested. Also contains clips of the airfield explosions. And a blurb about today's missile attack. Denis Davydov tends to somewhat bias / overstate Ukrainian progress in his other videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eus6sJ_eGK8