Page 334 of 662 FirstFirst ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Was it a ‘dumb’ missile, or just a shitty (but guided) missile?
    every projectile is aimed somewhere, it’s gonna hit towards where the barrel is pointed or where you targeted before the trigger was pulled. How well does it do that is a question. The v-2 missiles of ww2 were “guided” missiles where 100% would fall within 11 miles of the target. Hurler was fine we’d with indiscriminate murder. This is little different. They don’t care how many civilians die deliberate or not.

seeing schoolkids get instruction on how to recognize bombs and booby traps is bullshit, and should never have to happen. Fuck Putin

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    every projectile is aimed somewhere, it’s gonna hit towards where the barrel is pointed or where you targeted before the trigger was pulled. How well does it do that is a question. The v-2 missiles of ww2 were “guided” missiles where 100% would fall within 11 miles of the target. Hurler was fine we’d with indiscriminate murder. This is little different. They don’t care how many civilians die deliberate or not.

seeing schoolkids get instruction on how to recognize bombs and booby traps is bullshit, and should never have to happen. Fuck Putin
    "Fuck you Amerikinski! Father had to inform on rest of family to even eat Siege of Leningrad! Amerikinski weak! Russian strong!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Using a dumb missle to target a precise location in a heavily populated area is targeting civilians.
    Boris, Kremlin say to cause mayhem in Poltava Oblast, what is prominent target?

Oh, here's Kredmash, we could hit that, I guess...

OK, what else?

Aha, shopping mall. Between them, dense population.

Is good Yuri, send it.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Another exhibit in Russia is just shitty at war: Russia uses jets to bomb the stuff they couldn’t evacuate from Snake Island, 3/4 of which miss

Anyone seen good resources for how many weapons Russia can produce with the sanctions in place? Eventually they will probably be able to create domestic alternatives to some of the goods but that will likely take years. Seems like Russia will be operating on a mix of modern and 1950s tech pretty soon.

Even the artillery, if you are using 60,000 shells a day, that’s a million rounds in 17 days. How many million rounds do they have?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

this is relevant but short on facts:

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-puti...ma-law-1720957
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

This is a war of attrition and Russia has more rounds than Ukraine has bodies to absorb them.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    This is a war of attrition and Russia has more rounds than Ukraine has bodies to absorb them.
    I don’t think it’s clear that’s the case. (Certainly hope it’s not.)

From my observations, it is.

But they will kill a lot of Russians in the process so, cheers to that.

From my observations, it is.

But they will kill a lot of Russians in the process so, cheers to that.
    For UKRs sake, I’m hoping you’re wrong on this one….

Trucks/trains + Spare parts will be the limiting factor for the Russian war effort. Not munitions.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Anyone seen good resources for how many weapons Russia can produce with the sanctions in place? Eventually they will probably be able to create domestic alternatives to some of the goods but that will likely take years. Seems like Russia will be operating on a mix of modern and 1950s tech pretty soon.

Even the artillery, if you are using 60,000 shells a day, that’s a million rounds in 17 days. How many million rounds do they have?

upthread there’s a RUSI report with some weapons tear downs. The takeaway was anything modern (post 1990) requires some to a lot of western tech. All of which now embargoed to various success. Thereve been questions since the fall of the wall the capabilities of the remaining industry. Russia has megatons of ex soviet shit sitting around, hence the high failure rate, as well as the de facto tactics of terror and murder. They don’t have other capability

Trucks/trains + Spare parts will be the limiting factor for the Russian war effort. Not munitions.
    Trains apparently need air support these days. Now that they have HIMARS we need to get them longer range rockets to reach a couple of specific bridges. They've already shown off the blueprints.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    upthread there’s a RUSI report with some weapons tear downs. The takeaway was anything modern (post 1990) requires some to a lot of western tech. All of which now embargoed to various success. Thereve been questions since the fall of the wall the capabilities of the remaining industry. Russia has megatons of ex soviet shit sitting around, hence the high failure rate, as well as the de facto tactics of terror and murder. They don’t have other capability
    Without going into specifics, Russia has withheld significant warfighting capabilities from this conflict. They are currently content to expend older capabilities and Russian (plus Ukrainian) life to avoid risk to higher capabilities.

Entertain us, and please go into specifics.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Weird that in Russia’s efforts to de-Nazify UKR, they’re importing and training Nazis for to fight against UKR:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95CE83C1-E353-485B-90AB-5EEF21FB5A17.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	479.9 KB 
ID:	420563

https://twitter.com/usambosce/status...3D7IlSDbjtZ9ZA

i heard russia is storing their flagship in a secret location.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Ukraine

100%

Of course we’ll be called names for pointing out the obvious.

The Germans had better tanks, better planes, better training, and lost the numbers war.

Blunting Germany's capability to resupply the Axis troops was as big a factor in winning as the Red Ball Express in supplying the Allies. My hope is for success with the new weapons systems on the way. Then the Ukes will be able accurately target the Ruskies long range weapons.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

https://www.thebulwark.com/how-to-co...n-ukraine/?amp

Interesting article about what Ukraine needs to do to counter Russian artillery

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Blunting Germany's capability to resupply the Axis troops was as big a factor in winning as the Red Ball Express in supplying the Allies. My hope is for success with the new weapons systems on the way. Then the Ukes will be able accurately target the Ruskies long range weapons.
    That’s not going to happen. We’re not sending them enough, and if we sent them long range weapons to hit inside Russian supply lines the scope of the war would widen. Biden is not going to do that.

So we’ve basically limited what we’re sending them and tied one hand behind their back on conditions. Meanwhile Russia, which is directly next store, can do whatever they want including driving supplies right into Ukraine via rail.

A month ago you were sure the Ukrainians couldn't learn to use HIMARS, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Let’s go a bit further back to when he said Ukraine was corrupt and full of Nazis

Unguided artillery is great at smashing stuff that's just sitting there, not so much at hitting stuff that moves. Plus the Russians have mobility issues. Seems like getting out of the way while they smash empty shit and then coming back when they're trying to move their stuff around would be the play.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    They are still having problems. Read that article about artillery.

You guys are nuts if you think you can learn that shit In a week.