Page 126 of 658 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 16437

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Just started reading the thread.

Are you guys thinking USA/AUS/EURO contractors are in the war covertly? My guess is yes.
    People seem certain but evidence is lacking.

Obviously evidence should be lacking if it's working, so the whole thing's a bit problematic.

Just started reading the thread.

Are you guys thinking USA/AUS/EURO contractors are in the war covertly? My guess is yes.
    I am skeptical this is happening. I can see a few Intel officers (CIA and/or ISA) operating in country, but based on what I know about how we operate and what I am hearing from friends, I don't think we have personnel (contract or otherwise) conducting offensive operations against the Russians inside of Ukraine.

I could be wrong, but I have seen no evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Wow, reading those last 3 words just made me irrationally angry. Cold War 1, my fuck, the history books 30 years from now better not use that term.
    It will be better than WWIII
    "Let's be careful out there."

I feel like internet me of 20 years ago, constantly refreshing, paying attention, getting worked up. Did I say that out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    The original discussion was based on the comment saying there are probably SF there. SF (Special Forces) specifically means Army green berets. If you are talking more broadly (seals, force recon, SOG, etc) you would say SOF (special operations forces).

While I am nearly certain no SF are in country, I wouldnt be surprised if a limited number of Agency or ISA personnel did not evacuate and are still in country.

And we are definitely helping. I am certain those global hawks are feeding that Intel to Ukraine (unsure if it is real time/raw intelligence or relayed to them). I am also certain we are conducting SIGINT operations (NSA, Rivet Joint, Prowlers, etc) and providing that to Ukraine as well.
    Figured I would get a acronym lecture.

Not my world, it just seems highly unlikely that there aren’t tier 1 guys, CIA, etc running around doing their thing.

Based on my reading of history, it seems more unlikely that we don’t have forces operating in Ukraine.

I guess we can get into the semantics of whether a US citizen contractor under the operational control of the US, getting paid by the US is deniable or not.

I fully expect these volunteer foreign fighters to eventually be held up by Putin as a reason to escalate something.

Edited for clarity, but probably still not clear.

Also, don’t take this the wrong way, but if we are doing it, I would hope some random dude posting on TGR wouldn’t know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Figured I would get a acronym lecture.

Not my world, it just seems highly unlikely that there aren’t tier 1 guys, CIA, etc running around doing their thing.

Based on my reading of history, it seems more unlikely that we don’t have forces operating in Ukraine than that we don’t.

I guess we can get into the semantics of whether a US citizen under the operational control of the US, getting paid by the US is deniable or not.

I fully expect these volunteer foreign fighters to eventually be held up by Putin as a reason to escalate something.
    You might have some errors in this post?

In other news, I spoke to my mom today. She feels strongly someone needs to murder Putin but that Biden is a coward. So there's that.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

You might have some errors in this post?
    I thought we had entered the wild speculation part of the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    In other news, I spoke to my mom today. She feels strongly someone needs to murder Putin but that Biden is a coward. So there's that.
    Tell her Tom Cruise is just not available, sorry.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Say Ukraine gets the Migs. How do they keep friendly fire from shooting them down without an integrated JTEDS system?

For that matter, how are they doing that now?

Seems risky.

How effective would they actually be? Targeting would seem to be pretty difficult.

Serious questions. I'm clueless.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    I can see a lot of risks with those new to them planes. The maintenance crews are as important as the pilots trained to fly them.

Saw a piece on a British Phantom mechanic and if they are not leaking then their is something wrong. Knowing the plane is a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    I expect it to escalate. Not some bold prediction, either it will or it won't. Seems more likely to get worse than better in the near to medium term, to me. FWIW

International Atomic Energy Agency has lost contact with Chernobyl.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I expect it to escalate. Not some bold prediction, either it will or it won't. Seems more likely to get worse than better in the near to medium term, to me. FWIW
    800,000 died when the Nazis took Kyiv. There are tunnels and bunkers all over. I can’t see how they can take the city without destroying it first. If that really starts happening, I bet a sanctuary is established in western Ukraine by NATO, or the UN of it’s not vetoed by the bald Russian fucker. There will be too many refugees.

Then shits going to get gnar.

I hope Putin has other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Saw a piece on a British Phantom mechanic and if they are not leaking then their is something wrong
    Did the lights work?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Tell her Tom Cruise is just not available, sorry.
    She's old. Like Benny old.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Good deal for a russian pilot that wants out:

https://www.reuters.com/article/ukra...-idUKL5N2VB5J0
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

My take is Mom's a coward. Step up, honey. Represent.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    The original discussion was based on the comment saying there are probably SF there. SF (Special Forces) specifically means Army green berets. If you are talking more broadly (seals, force recon, SOG, etc) you would say SOF (special operations forces).

While I am nearly certain no SF are in country, I wouldnt be surprised if a limited number of Agency or ISA personnel did not evacuate and are still in country.

And we are definitely helping. I am certain those global hawks are feeding that Intel to Ukraine (unsure if it is real time/raw intelligence or relayed to them). I am also certain we are conducting SIGINT operations (NSA, Rivet Joint, Prowlers, etc) and providing that to Ukraine as well.
    It's no secret that ODA's with augments from other services have been training Ukrainan SOF and conventional units for years and were in country until literally days prior to the invasion. https://www.stripes.com/theaters/eur...n-4343248.html It's pretty eye opening what they've accomplished with a motivated/competent fighting force compared to our forays in the desert.

JSOC/ISA/CIA spent years trying to track down AQ folks living in caves, under foreign protection etc. meanwhile Russian officers are communicating on regular cell networks and armor is moving on routes where cell service is best to maintain morale for soldiers. Our intel folks must have thought it was a joke at first.

I have a relative whose a LCDR in NSW and they speak real highly of the Ukrainians after a half decade of war and training from the West. Not the least bit surprised they're wreaking havok.

Relentless Strike is another good read.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Good deal for a russian pilot that wants out:

https://www.reuters.com/article/ukra...-idUKL5N2VB5J0
    Name:  Image1646801124.119573.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  43.6 KB

She's old. Like Benny old.
    Doesnt look a day over 50.

The only way this ends without colossal bloodshed is for the Russian military to stage a coup and sit Putin down.

I feel like internet me of 20 years ago, constantly refreshing, paying attention, getting worked up. Did I say that out loud?
    I’m what, half your age and I feel the exact same way. I’m kinda sick of living in such interesting times. Again, for those keeping score at home, the 90s were a wonderful time.

Did the lights work?
    This did not go unappreciated.
    I still call it The Jake.

Name:  IMG_0797.JPG
Views: 552
Size:  64.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    That guy is stuck in the Cold War. To go with his thesis that US/Nato is messing with the "great power" Russia, we also need to accept the world's other great powers. I find the interests of US, China, Japan, Germany, India, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Brazil, Canada, and South Korea are greater than Russia's. Russia is not a great power. Given recent political and economic developments, Russia may be even further down the list of powers.

Putin's just a bully. Time for the restraining order and take his guns away.
    Bang on Long.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Apparently we've got 100K troops in thre ground in Europe.

Newspaper sez Biden just sent more.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism