Page 516 of 662 FirstFirst ... 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 ... LastLast
Results 12,876 to 12,900 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

anyone see the mig douse the raptor in fuel?

https://www.dvidshub.net/video/87666...-sea-intercept

i am sure a few people will argue that this brings us closer to war, but i still see weakness as what would ultimately bring war. if you are following the law as a country in international water then you shouldn’t be fucked with. i am not sure what the appropriate response is but tucking tail is definitely not it.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

One possible response: #flyingtigers seems to be getting some attention. If Ukraine can line up pre-trained pilots, lending them some F-16's is less provacative than Stalin sending Mig-15's to Korea.

Or just start arming the Reapers.

US public statements say sensitive information will not be recovered by RU via 'measures.' Do drones have self-destruct capabilities of any kind? I guess the drone pilot could point the thing at the ground if propulsion is lost but that assumes intact communication and capability to maneuver it.

Saw that the software can delete remotely, unsure of self destruct

it’s funny Russia are dragging out a 110 year old ship to salvage it, but that’s the backwards genocidal freaks
    Last edited by dunfree ; 03-16-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    US public statements say sensitive information will not be recovered by RU via 'measures.' Do drones have self-destruct capabilities of any kind? I guess the drone pilot could point the thing at the ground if propulsion is lost but that assumes intact communication and capability to maneuver it.

The RU's will be lucky to find it much less raise it off the sea floor from 4-5000'. Perhaps it could lead to another sunken RU warship if UK sends a drone or missile while they're distracted looking and/or retrieving the Reaper.

DoD implied that it was an accidental collision caused by an unskilled Russian pilot. The drone's prop is bent and damaged in image stills. So officially no official response... unofficially, "We'll see."

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    DoD implied that it was an accidental collision caused by an unskilled Russian pilot. The drone's prop is bent and damaged in image stills. So officially no official response... unofficially, "We'll see."
    Maybe, depending on your definition of accidental and unskilled:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95DA43A9-FEB3-4B51-958B-9B301848F24D.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	452099

This is a pretty deliberate maneuver to dump fuel on the drone at close range. I assume that takes some pilot skill, but maybe a more skilled pilot would have avoided clipping the drones prop?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	893711F8-ADEA-4919-80E6-892014742F25.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	452098  

It was 19 passes and two planes over 30 minutes. They were either trying to bring it down or didn't care if it went down.

Air Force Officers after seeing the video from the Drone stated that, “The Russian Pilots appeared to be Amateurs.” The US military is both shit talking and deescalating. This won't go unanswered, though.

The Russians are celebrating taking down a drone like it's a major victory. Russian culture is thirsty & derivative. It's sad, really.

Name:  FrXw6f5XgAA5M7d.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  65.9 KB
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 03-16-2023 at 06:11 PM.

yeah the Russians will bankrupt themselves to get that wreckage back before May day parade

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    The RU's will be lucky to find it much less raise it off the sea floor from 4-5000'. Perhaps it could lead to another sunken RU warship if UK sends a drone or missile while they're distracted looking and/or retrieving the Reaper.
    the geriatric salvage ship they’ve got there has been doing stuff for years

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    You guys are insane to joke about these things. Totally, and utterly, irresponsible.
    You sound totally humorless. Joking is how normal people deal with adversity.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fact.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

The US-led coalition will probably just use this downing of the drone as another opportunity to send more equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the geriatric salvage ship they’ve got there has been doing stuff for years
    I heard it was commissioned by the original Russian Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    The US-led coalition will probably just use this downing of the drone as another opportunity to send more equipment.
    Putin's itching to start another war. Like an angry chihuahua yipping at our heels.

Send more sooner and end Putin's Ukraine war before it spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I heard it was commissioned by the original Russian Empire.

Putin's itching to start another war. Like an angry chihuahua yipping at our heels.

Send more sooner and end Putin's Ukraine war before it spreads.
    I hear you on more arms, but one wildcard to keep in mind is what if China is saying don’t provide F-16s, ATACMS, etc or we’ll start supplying Russia with weapons.

I don't think the Ukraine war will EVER be over until either Ukraine is over or Putin is over. Only way to completely end the war is to end Putin.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Arrest warrant out for Putin
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Com3rad3 C0n0 said no jokes!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I don't think the Ukraine war will EVER be over until either Ukraine is over or Putin is over. Only way to completely end the war is to end Putin.
    Moscow has been trying to erase Ukrainian identity for 500 years so this may well outlast Putin. Still, another possibility in the short term is Putin just stops. I'm not placing a high probability on it happening or anything like that but I do think it's possible. And by just stops I mean no peace agreement, no settlement, no denouement. Just an announcement that the Russian military is pausing operations for the time being. And then that's it. That's how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    And an arrest warrant for Putin's fellow war criminal Maria Lvova-Belova. The indictments are for war crimes against children, specifically for kidnapping Ukrainian kids. The Russian Federation should also be suspended from the UN Security Council.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Moscow has been trying to erase Ukrainian identity for 500 years so this may well outlast Putin. Still, another possibility in the short term is Putin just stops. I'm not placing a high probability on it happening or anything like that but I do think it's possible. And by just stops I mean no peace agreement, no settlement, no denouement. Just an announcement that the Russian military is pausing operations for the time being. And then that's it. That's how it ends.
    It would come with total victory boats about how the thread has been eliminated and Mother Russia has made Ukraine GREAT again and shit like that.... IF he were to cease hostilities... IF.. I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I hear you on more arms, but one wildcard to keep in mind is what if China is saying don’t provide F-16s, ATACMS, etc or we’ll start supplying Russia with weapons.
    Wildcard to consider.

After the whole Iraq shitfest, I'm less inclined to put much weight on the possible existence of secret diplomatic maneuvers of any significance. Or (puts on tinfoil hat) maybe China wrote Powell's UN speech. If China cares enough, they can say it publicly and then we consider whether Russia is a good location for Sino-American Proxy War One.

Meantime, we used 4000 tanks and the world's best airforce (and second best airforce - navy), and all the allies who were with us, to go against Saddam. And we're asking Ukraine to go against Putin with a hundred tanks and a couple old MiGs, and a ragtag international legion (no allies).

So the Hague issuing an arrest warrant for Putin will of course be ignored as RU doesn't recognize the international court anyway. What won't be ignored though, is the fact that if that piece of shit Pootpoot goes outside RU into any number of countries that does recognize the international court's ruling then they could lock up the bastard.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    So the Hague issuing an arrest warrant for Putin will of course be ignored as RU doesn't recognize the international court anyway. What won't be ignored though, is the fact that if that piece of shit Pootpoot goes outside RU into any number of countries that does recognize the international court's ruling then they could lock up the bastard.
    To be fair the USA pretty much declawed The World Court when they tried to prosecute and sanction us for mining Nicaragua's harbor in the 80s. We proved that a super power can just ignore them with zero consequences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicara..._United_States

russia ain't no superpower

and Po0tin's days of travelling outside are over