Page 375 of 664 FirstFirst ... 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,375 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

Without Nordstream most Russian gas needs to pass through either Ukraine or Poland or both to reach EU. If there are gas reserves in Ukraine the pipes can be filled with non-Russian gas, but how safe would that supply be if Ukraine surrendered and rogue partisans decided their best option was to attack pipelines?

Simplistic Russian bullshit is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twat View Post
    Why do you care?
    I care because
    1. People are dying
    2. People in the eu are going to suffer economically
    3. They might revolt and vote radical governments, maybe far right. Remember Trump?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

that sounds awfully koиceяning. plus the whole denazification and expansion of NATO thing too, right?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Without Nordstream most Russian gas needs to pass through either Ukraine or Poland or both to reach EU. If there are gas reserves in Ukraine the pipes can be filled with non-Russian gas, but how safe would that supply be if Ukraine surrendered and rogue partisans decided their best option was to attack pipelines?

Simplistic Russian bullshit is bullshit.
    Truss just repealed the fracking ban. Ukraine has large reserve

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I care because
    1. People are dying
    2. People in the eu are going to suffer economically
    3. They might revolt and vote radical governments, maybe far right. Remember Trump?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Remember when your when your mom read "Chicken Little" to you as a child? You know he wasn't the hero right?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Of course, a lot of people here believe the us government propaganda.
    I find it fascinating how other people can be fully convinced that reality differs from my reality. For Russians and Chinese, we might argue that's due to information censoring and government propaganda. But then there's say American FOX watchers and MSNBC watchers - with pretty free media access and yet alternate realities.

And while it's cute from a sociology perspective, the real-world implications when Russia decides to liberate Ukraine (or US liberates Iraq), it kinda sucks. I'm a hard-core peace advocate, and find these alternate worldviews require we maintain a strong warlike foreign policy. Why can't we all get along? Seems imperative that we get along in the nuclear age.

I keep an open mind to propaganda. Slava Ukraini!

As much as people here like to dunk on rod, his point #3 is not invalid.

Europe’s energy woes fuel leaders’ populist fears

Are there elections planned for more than Italy, Bulgaria and Sweden? Russian meddling and capture of the far right already toppled Italy, it’s still the Putin line.

anyways here’s supposedly some Russians jumping off a tank then the tank running into a tree
    https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1568282616373059586

If this was three years ago or even two I think it would have been cause for more concern. FWIW it feels to me like the latest populist wave has already crested and is receding to an extent and momentum counts for a lot.

I may or may not be correct in this and of course we will see. But I believe that the T***p self-immolation has been something of an object lesson for the world, if not for his acolytes here.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    If this was three years ago or even two I think it would have been cause for more concern. FWIW it feels to me like the latest populist wave has already crested and is receding to an extent and momentum counts for a lot.

I may or may not be correct in this and of course we will see. But I believe that the T***p self-immolation has been something of an object lesson for the world, if not for his acolytes here.
    It's not over until the orange man says it's over, unfortunately.

Ukraine

https://mobile.twitter.com/WarMonitor3

Russian 202th separate regiment operating in Kharkiv has been completely abandoned by its commanders.

The unit is currently without communication or command, presumably roaming around...

"The 237th Guard Airborne Assault Regiment of the Russian Federation ceased its existence due to the death or injury of all servicemen. A large portion of the survivors are in extremely critical condition."

There is also unconfirmed reports that Russian soldiers are shooting the ones that want to retreat.

Some Soldiers are found dead before the battles have even started.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

UA forces kicking ass and no time to take names. That will have to wait until the ass kicking is done.

https://twitter.com/bentarzynski/sta...82644390518785
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Hmm apparently it's possible that the whole north eastern front of the Russians is collapsing as we write.
    Let's see whether this can be confirmed.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Although major news outlets are hedging a bit, it does appear Kupiansk has been gained back. A big deal.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

By overrunning Kupyansk the Ukrainians cut off rail access to Izyum making Izyum undefendable.

Ukrainians are also acquiring massive amounts of Russian war materiel because of the speed of the Russian retreat. A captured ammo depot near Izyum left behind by the Russians:

Name:  FcPtGppWYAAqJdf.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  67.4 KB

Already seeing some reports that Izyum and Lyman have been taken back. Hard to even guess what's realistic at this point. It hasn't been a generation since the Russians withdrew from Kyiv.

More credibly, Russian citizens being removed from their homes along the border and being given .001% mortgages in Belgorod. Maybe Russia hopes to save enough of it's army to need to house them. Someplace where they can claim attacking them is a threat to the homeland.

https://twitter.com/SarahAshtonLV/st...49514494648321

Ahem, the Russian MOD has declared their troops are regrouping from Balakliya and Izium in order to build up strength in the Donetsk direction. Where fighting is now reported

Battlefield math…

UKR reports 52,000+ RUs killed in action. Putin’s solatia payments seem to confirm this #. That’s staggering.

For perspective, that’s the equivalent of 3 US combat divisions (think 82d Airborne, 101st Air Assault, 1st Armored). US has 11 active divisions.

Ukraine

^ FWIW, there was a lot debate in the U.S. about women serving in combat roles. Those concerns appear unfounded since women make up about 25% of the Ukrainian military, including front line combat positions.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    By overrunning Kupyansk the Ukrainians cut off rail access to Izyum making Izyum undefendable.

Ukrainians are also acquiring massive amounts of Russian war materiel because of the speed of the Russian retreat. A captured ammo depot near Izyum left behind by the Russians:

Name:  FcPtGppWYAAqJdf.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  67.4 KB

Da, unfortunately komposition Z, double primers, det cord all maskirovka, so... consider free ammo friendly gesture good will of Russian peoples.

If Izyum has fallen this quickly, that is just a mind blowing victory... and the neoSoviets had enough sense to pull back instead of having their forces encircled/fragmented and defeated in detail. Of course the Russians study this as it was the tale of Soviet folly in Barbarossa.

They will need to make like Lee after Gettysburg and get across the Potomac.

In any case, this could be approaching the escalate to deescalate moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Battlefield math…

UKR reports 52,000+ RUs killed in action. Putin’s solatia payments seem to confirm this #. That’s staggering.

For perspective, that’s the equivalent of 3 US combat divisions (think 82d Airborne, 101st Air Assault, 1st Armored). US has 11 active divisions.
    In less than 6 months Russia has lost more than the US KIAs in Korea in over 3 years of combat.

Russian losses are within a few thousand of US KIA in Vietnam in nearly 20 years.

... nearly 4x the Soviet losses in their 9+ year Afghanistan invasion.

... over 20x the US losses in almost 20 years in Afghanistan.

Bloody ground.

Fuck Putin
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.