Page 311 of 662 FirstFirst ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I feel bad for the poor dumb Russian kids sent to die for nothing. You'd think their countrymen would put a stop to it one way or another.
    Quite the opposite...Putin's cucks fully expect him to make Russja great again, and if that means sacrificing your sons, then so be it: https://old.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarV...ly_lost_their/

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think these people bother me the most because they think they're so enlightened...
    They are the most frustrating for sure. Like drug addicts. Not much you can do for them.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

I will reply to the side conversation about US polarization when I get a chance as I find that topic as important as anything, but heres some info on a potential coup to oust Putin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...2c94820c911677

Honestly I am not expert but I have a hard time seeing how this could be a great thing in the long run. Despite being emotionally gratifying for many to see Putin's fall, the Russian military does not seem to me to be proponents of democracy, and perhaps far more in favor of USSR 2.0.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I will reply to the side conversation about US polarization when I get a chance as I find that topic as important as anything, ............ .
    Name:  cant-wait-yay.gif
Views: 521
Size:  278.7 KB
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

....and miss out on all the stream of consciousness motivated reasoning uninformed by facts from TGR's least self-aware narcissist!?

The fact that anyone reads let alone responds to that drivel is both admirable and stupid.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220514-113458.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	416374

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    ....and miss out on all the stream of consciousness motivated reasoning uninformed by facts from TGR's least self-aware narcissist!?
    Stream of couscous tm
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Hurry up and get them on the team

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Read an article this morning that indicated that the UA forces are now having trouble assimilating and learning the Western NATO weapon tech. Not that they can't assimilate and learn it. Just that they are over saturated and needing time to train and absorb that training to execute effectively. I guess better to have that problem than to be fighting the Russians with nothing more than small arms while they hunker down and get the shit shelled out of them from afar.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Infantry wins the battle, Supply wins the war. Time for a little Red Ball Express.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Read an article this morning that indicated that the UA forces are now having trouble assimilating and learning the Western NATO weapon tech. Not that they can't assimilate and learn it. Just that they are over saturated and needing time to train and absorb that training to execute effectively. I guess better to have that problem than to be fighting the Russians with nothing more than small arms while they hunker down and get the shit shelled out of them from afar.
    I wonder if that assimilation issue is related to this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C4AD494C-FCEC-449E-B73C-861054513825.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	438.6 KB 
ID:	416378

https://twitter.com/trenttelenko/sta...5bJr7EUlyIBL3Q

Does anyone in this thread, or even anyone that any of you actually know, admit to supporting Putin and wanting the US to be more like his version of Russia?
    Me: Question... do any of you admit to supporting Putin and wanting the US to be more like his version of Russia?
    Them: Today at 1:18 PM
    i support the latest thing n stuff

Ukraine

Despite being emotionally gratifying for many to see Putin's fall, the Russian military does not seem to me to be proponents of democracy, and perhaps far more in favor of USSR 2.0.
    I think the last 70 years of American military history has shown that we need to forget the idea of “installing” democracy in backwards shit holes like Russia. Those people like being ruled by a strong man who appears to be a savvy international businessman, an astute military leader and a devout religious man. Putin has done a good job creating that appearance, and so will Putin 2.0.

Democracy is just too much work and responsibility for some.

Nobody is talking about “installing” a democracy in Russia using the American military. That's a strawman. In the last 70 years democracies in countries that were once ruled by autocrats like Japan, Germany, South Korea, East Germany, Poland, Slovakia, the Baltic states, etc., have flourished under the American post-1945 order.

Russia has had many pro-democracy mass movements over the past thirty years. Belarus also recently experienced mass pro-democracy protests in 2020-2021. They've all been crushed by state propaganda. Putinism is a powerful ideology designed to divide people through propaganda. Russian media is designed to confound and confuse people with multiple often conflicting explanations for reality.

But it doesn't motivate people. So it's not that the Russian people like and support Putin as it is they see nothing else on offer. His support is based nostalgia like fighting nazis and fear over the unknown without him.

Well good thing the Russian Military is shrinking:

https://apple.news/AsEeWsY31T16Uyx6eT8Vfaw

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Well good thing the Russian Military is shrinking:

https://apple.news/AsEeWsY31T16Uyx6eT8Vfaw
    There's been a lot of good news coming out of Ukraine then past few months.
    And I understand the need for positive spin. If not to only keep the uninvolved
    supportive. But ...

", though Ukraine’s military reported on Sunday that Russian forces were advancing elsewhere in the Donbas region, the main theatre of war over the past month."

Reality sucks. Russia's on a slow roll. Putin doesn't care about casualties.
    If he can't have it, total destruction is fine.
    A stalemate with a destroyed and divided Ukraine would suite his purpose.
    At that point he wants the west
    to bleed economically. 'You broke it, you own it'
    It will take 3 years to build new pipelines to China.
    Their grand design is to supplant the dollar and the US
    as the de facto world leader.

Only a victory for Ukraine and the west, in a shorter time frame, is a viable solution.
    That is why we must give Ukraine unconditional support now.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    I think the last 70 years of American military history has shown that we need to forget the idea of “installing” democracy in backwards shit holes like Russia. Those people like being ruled by a strong man who appears to be a savvy international businessman, an astute military leader and a devout religious man. Putin has done a good job creating that appearance, and so will Putin 2.0.

Democracy is just too much work and responsibility for some.
    Germany, Japan and South Korea are fairly notable counterpoints.

It has not yet sunk in to the world that we all will be impacted by Russia and their invasion of the UKR.

Food costs and availability are going to become a problem and much of it it will be due to of Putin's actions.

Fuck Putin and Russia.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Nobody is talking about “installing” a democracy in Russia using the American military. That's a strawman. In the last 70 years democracies in countries that were once ruled by autocrats like Japan, Germany, South Korea, East Germany, Poland, Slovakia, the Baltic states, etc., have flourished under the American post-1945 order.

Russia has had many pro-democracy mass movements over the past thirty years. Belarus also recently experienced mass pro-democracy protests in 2020-2021. They've all been crushed by state propaganda. Putinism is a powerful ideology designed to divide people through propaganda. Russian media is designed to confound and confuse people with multiple often conflicting explanations for reality.

But it doesn't motivate people. So it's not that the Russian people like and support Putin as it is they see nothing else on offer. His support is based nostalgia like fighting nazis and fear over the unknown without him.
    Great post.

Most people I know in Iowa don't know what to believe either and have turned away from trying to parse the truth. His techniques have bled over very nicely here the in US of A. Very alarming on multiple levels.

For instance, we still have an effective motivated fighting force. Russia...not so much.

^^^His analysis assumes Ukrainian govt accurately reports Russian equipment losses. They overstate the shit out of it.

That said, I do think the conclusion is reasonably valid - the Orcs are unable to replace their lost equipment and personnel at a rate necessary to sustain an offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^His analysis assumes Ukrainian govt accurately reports Russian equipment losses. They overstate the shit out of it.

That said, I do think the conclusion is reasonably valid - the Orcs are unable to replace their lost equipment and personnel at a rate necessary to sustain an offensive.
    Yes. For sure. All to be taken with salt grains and for sure popogandish. Rate of loss still probably much higher than Russia and Orcs are losing logistics equipment at a far higher rate.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

He’s stated regularly that you need to be careful with equipment loss numbers, and regularly scales them back from the Ukrainian reported numbers. However, he’s been gaining more confidence recently that the numbers aren’t too inflated as incidents like the failed river crossing occur, with huge losses, and the initial reports from Ukraine line up with the visual confirmations that come out later.

He typically scaled back the reported numbers by a third. Remember that there is also an ongoing visual confirmation being done by Oryx (I believe , may have wrong account), which puts a floor on the equipment losses, and that floor hasn’t been some small fraction of the reported losses.