Page 399 of 656 FirstFirst ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 16378

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by up an down View Post
    That is hilarious.. I think Rod would fit right in with that group.
    But it's not true. Slovyov and rod didn't get drafted. It's made by a satirical Account. He's Media So they're exempt, even on lower leves.

And rod can't get drafted because He's an important Investor.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

That linked video above is satire but absolutely hilarious .

Here is some actual smart people leaving Russia. Interviewed just across the border. Godspeed to them. These are the people we want to leave. Others, not so much, and the debate between amnesty vs locking them in Russia is an interesting one. Seems Germany and now the US feel one way, much of the EU another.

https://twitter.com/CoffeePGB/status...UyvNcNUMA&s=19

Also Jono, I do agree, even an overthrow from pro war hardliners on the right 'could' use the change as an excuse to end the war. Too many unknowns though.

Putin is no doubt smart, but the fundamental flaws in the command structure he has built is likely not feeding him accurate data with which to make decisions. Or he is desperate. Or something is wrong with him. We don't quite know what yet.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    This is great

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...bG6SQR8gSJO3OQ

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Fucking gold, that is

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    By blowing their pipeline, Russia can continue their economic war on EU except they get to do it while claiming to be a victim instead of an aggressor. This is important when they are trying to garner pollical sympathies.
    To me, it was always Putin because Russia has the capability and motive. To the latter, the more I think about it the more I believe this is a veiled threat to Europe. This shows all of the NATO countries with port capitals that the Russians can sneak in subs to do whatever nefarious stuff they can come up with. It's risky obviously for them to do that, and Finland has previously dropped depth charges on potential russian subs, but the statement that they could may instill some fear. That sea infrastructure isn't cheap, and Russia obviously thinks life should suck for everyone as much as it sucks for them, rather than trying to bring up its people to the same standard as its neighbors.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Re Putin as a master strategist, I don't think folks realize how far Russia has fallen. Putin's war was meant to take Kyiv in 24hrs and all of Ukraine in four or five days.

Instead, Ukraine is now seen as a key Western ally with significant strategic importance; the Russian military is significantly degraded and is experiencing widespread mutiny; Russian men see the Ukraine military disaster as a threat to their own future and are fleeing the country en masse; the Russian economy is set back at least a decade or more; central Asia is in open rebellion; and eastern Russia is being depopulated so that it can be handed over to China.

Putin is not smart or clever. He's a thug. From the very begging he ruled by creating never ending conflict to fuel his propaganda and status in Russia. Putin's Russia in a nutshell:

Attachment 427881

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Russia’s mobilization and Putin’s nuclear saber-rattling has caused Russians to flee the country en masse.
    The mobilization sets a hard test for public support of the Ukraine war, which has already been strained in recent weeks.
    Russian society is perturbed by the mobilization, and its reluctant compliance may soon turn into anger about the mistreatment of new draftees and the rush of their deployment to the trenches without proper training.

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Int...-Rattling.html

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Russians still are for the war against Ukraine. They just don't want to be the ones to fight and die for dear leader Putin. I haven't seen much reluctance in complying. It's pretty much, resigned to their fate. That is Russia.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    To me, it was always Putin because Russia has the capability and motive. To the latter, the more I think about it the more I believe this is a veiled threat to Europe. This shows all of the NATO countries with port capitals that the Russians can sneak in subs to do whatever nefarious stuff they can come up with.
    Yup. The point of destroying it at sea is to demonstrate the threat to other pipelines, ones that don't rest on land temporarily occupied by Putin. He's not worried about repairing them, the idea is to show that he can cause hundreds of billions of dollars damage to Europe's economy with a minuscule expenditure in force.

This is an example of asymmetry; the only security doctrine that Russia developed that they're actually good at. And now we're seeing it again.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

The fact that Russian media asset Tucker Carlson immediately blamed the U.S. is the clearest sign yet that Putin gave the order to blow up the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The fact that Russian media asset Tucker Carlson immediately blamed the U.S. is the clearest sign yet that Putin gave the order to blow up the pipeline.
    Did he blame the US or just put the question out there "maybe the US could have done it?" relieving him of any responsibility for the ideas he puts in the heads of his sheep? I'm not going to go look for the clip of the shitbag since watching him makes me nauseous.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

HIMARS strike takes out 300 newly arrived Russian conscripts in one shot in Oleshky, Kherson.

Entering mud season. After that, how thick does the ice freeze in the eastern rivers and bodies of water? Media keeps mentioning winter slow down and digging in but, if rivers freeze over, doesn’t that speed mobilization on both sides? Airboats, hovercrafts, tracked side by sides and snowmobiles are fast. A modern winter war of this size and all the new creative improvised technology is unknown. Good clothing will probably the determining factor but I kind of think something else will change the face of winter battle as we know it if Ukraine doesn’t see a Russian collapse in the next month or so.

https://news.yahoo.com/war-perch-eas...181657558.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold-weather_warfare
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    Entering mud season. After that, how thick does the ice freeze in the eastern rivers and bodies of water? Media keeps mentioning winter slow down and digging in but, if rivers freeze over, doesn’t that speed mobilization on both sides? Airboats, hovercrafts, tracked side by sides and snowmobiles are fast. A modern winter war of this size and all the new creative improvised technology is unknown. Good clothing will probably the determining factor but I kind of think something else will change the face of winter battle as we know it if Ukraine doesn’t see a Russian collapse in the next month or so.

https://news.yahoo.com/war-perch-eas...181657558.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold-weather_warfare
    Didn’t this war start in February when Russia was fully stocked? Don’t recall many fancy river crossings back then so would expect nothing of the sorts this winter.

Easier to spot Russians from their campfires I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Winter in Ukraine is cold, wet and gloomy. Typical winter temps have lows in teens Fahrenheit and highs near freezing. Doesn’t snow a lot but often and there’s snow on the ground for close to three months. And there’s almost always major cloud cover.

So no, there will not be major attacks via hydrofoils and snow machines. More like winter in the Belgian trenches circa 1917

Not the place you want to be as a poorly equipped Orc conscript

Yeah, Ukraine looks a lot like the Upper Midwest. The rivers won't freeze but the ground will which is good for tracked vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    A mobilization that fails might work fine for Pootin. The priority is hanging onto power, and as such the rivals to his right that have been calling for mobilization are (he hopes) being set up to take the fall. After all, "he didn't come up with this by himself" and all that. If Russia can't win he needs a scapegoat. He's surrounded by potentially treacherous "survivors" who won't take the fall easily, but might be real loyal if that's the alternative.

Irony: if Pootin was ousted even a hardline replacement could end the war and blame him for the failure--claim he was soft and should have mobilized fully at the start, etc. OTOH, if Pootin hangs on he may need escalation to build blame against those same rivals.
    And by the same token if hanging onto power is the goal then another way to look at the pipeline attack is Putin burning his ships like Cortez. Because even if it's a bad thing for Gazprom and for Russia, it sends a message to European leaders not to bother trying to oust Putin in order to turn the heat back on.

Good conversation, so I looked up latitudes.

Odessa is 46 degrees north. The same as Duluth. Kiev is 50 degrees north.

Canadian border is 49 degrees north.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Ukraine looks a lot like the Upper Midwest. The rivers won't freeze but the ground will which is good for tracked vehicles.
    I dunno - remember when the invasion started? Orc convoy was backed up and stranded on the way to Kyiv because every time they went off the pavement they sunk in the mud. And it’s not like the orcs have a plethora of new/better equipment at their disposal now

The tanks for the most part worked fine. Even though some got stuck, they were mostly stymied because the Ukrainians blew up a couple of dams which flooded the region.

Once the armor advance was halted the convoy backed up because heavy trucks carrying fuel and supplies had to stay on the road. Which became a huge problem due to the amount of fuel needed to keep heavy armor moving. An American armored division for example goes through 60,000 gallons of fuel a day.

We shouldn't be surprised to see Ukrainian maneuver warfare over the winter, especially now that they're getting good at it.

They worked fine until they got destroyed. Tanks are not meant for open flat ground warfare.
    According to https://kyivindependent.com/national...ia-really-have

The orcs have already lost about 40% of their usable tank fleet. And the Ukrainians have about 10x more anti tank missiles than Putler has tanks.

I think this winter will be trench warfare with Russian dumb artillery against a growing Ukrainian HIMARS capability targeting orc supply lines. Gonna be a lot of orc conscripts literally freezing to death - if they don’t mutiny first.

Stray thought - Maybe the west can deploy all the confiscated oligarch yachts to Black Sea for use as prison ships…

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    They worked fine until they got destroyed. Tanks are not meant for open flat ground warfare.
    According to https://kyivindependent.com/national...ia-really-have

The orcs have already lost about 40% of their usable tank fleet. And the Ukrainians have about 10x more anti tank missiles than Putler has tanks.

I think this winter will be trench warfare with Russian dumb artillery against a growing Ukrainian HIMARS capability targeting orc supply lines. Gonna be a lot of orc conscripts literally freezing to death - if they don’t mutiny first.

Stray thought - Maybe the west can deploy all the confiscated oligarch yachts to Black Sea for use as prison ships…
    In ww2, when the Nazis surrounded Leningrad, Russians ate eachother.

No way we blew this pipeline. We waved sanctions on the Nordstream turbines being serviced in Canada.

No way Russia did it. They could just turn off the gas. Is there another angle?

Everyone get out and enjoy the good weather, while we still have a climate.

Russia did it, dumbass. Every one of Cono's posts, and not just in this thread, reads with the whiny energy of a man who feels most at home in a world of hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I'm talking about Ukraine, not Russia, using tracked vehicles to go on the offensive over the winter. Things have changed since last February.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    In ww2, when the Nazis surrounded Leningrad, Russians ate eachother.

No way we blew this pipeline. We waved sanctions on the Nordstream turbines being serviced in Canada.

No way Russia did it. They could just turn off the gas. Is there another angle?

Everyone get out and enjoy the good weather, while we still have a climate.
    Immaculate detonation

I'm talking about Ukraine, not Russia, using tracked vehicles to go on the offensive over the winter. Things have changed since last February.
    Ahh…Gotcha and Agreed on all counts. Use HIMARS to strand/starve the orcs then roll over them with mechanized infantry.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Russia did it, dumbass. Every one of Cono's posts, and not just in this thread, reads with the whiny energy of a man who feels most at home in a world of hysteria.

Fuck you dude. We need facts. Jumping to conclusions all the time, with no room for debate is straight up Hitler youth shit. Even Europe said they need a few weeks.

And, when else in our lives have we been threatened with nukes, by people with nukes? Anyone who doesn’t take that seriously should, or goes around telling parents off for worrying is both dumb and an asshole.

Your Sierra club, global warming card, and all other environmental group cards have been officially revoked.