Page 390 of 664 FirstFirst ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 16600

Thread: Ukraine

Hey everybody supports recycling, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Ukrainians recycle the shit out of Orc trash. So green.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    REUSE. it's spelled REUSE.

With all Russia’s dead, injured, migrated, and hidden young adults, this mobilization will be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Putin is throwing gas on an already severe slo-mo demographic disaster. MRGA a la Putinski!

He's mobilizing reservists. These were conscripts and contract soldiers who already served and now have normal civilian jobs.

This will piss people off and hurt their economy further because the 300K have full time normal people civilian jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The main reason Putin hasn't called for mobilization until now is because he's relying on public apathy rather than public support. Even before partial mobilization was officially announced rumors it was coming resulted in a massive spike in Russians searching the web for ways to both leave the country and to avoid conscription. Which begs the question will there be an exit ban for young males in Russia? A traffic jam today at the Russian border with Finland:

https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/1572568782748680194
    Lots of small protests today with Putins street thugs throwing fighting age men and some woman into buses.

Going to be interesting to watch.

Definitely still in the churn phase inside Russia.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    So Putin has about 6 months to get his reservists trained up and a bunch of Soviet era equipment out of deep storage for them to die in. Some will have to be put on the front by December or January as the contracted soldiers' contracts are mostly expiring about then, unless he pulls a neoSoviet equivalent of Stop Loss.

Hopefully Putin can't take it anymore and jumps out a third story window with 3 bullets in his skull.

Otherwise the Ukes will have a lot more Russians to kill next summer.

Good one sentence sitrep
    Good thread on the mobilization challenges -

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/stat...70599535214598
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Definitely not good news

Putin: "We will definitely use all means available to defend Russian territory. That’s not a bluff.”

I certainly hope they will not use nuclear weapons, but he did say they are not of the table.

The worry is that if the next week's referendum in the occupied territory shows that people want to join Russia, then all these territories become part of Russia, and attacks on them will be considered attacks on Russia.

To me, this sounds like a dangerous escalation

Btw, you guys might know this, if true, but i read today that Russia has 200,000 troops fighting and Ukraine has 700,000.

Apparently Ukraine has the largest army in Europe. Not sure if this includes Russia, as i always thought they have a big army.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Good thread on the mobilization challenges -

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/stat...70599535214598
    Good read. My quibbles are this mobilisation is for reservists, already have training, though stale. The training cadres already got deployed. Who will train the reservists up? And what equipment will they be outfitted with? Old Cold War shit. It will be a large ineffective force. Probably more useful for defense.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Apparently Ukraine has the largest army in Europe.
    It's more than doubled in size in 7 months. That's what happens if you get invaded and do total mobilisation.

Ukraine doesn't have 700,000 troops 'fighting.' While Ukraine's army is now quite large due to the Russian invasion, the bulk of its armed forces are made up of citizen volunteers who joined regional defense units which perform auxiliary tasks so that the smaller better trained core army can focus on the frontline task of fighting the Russian invasion. Per summit and in contrast with Russia, Ukraine mobilized so in some sense the 700K number understates the number of Ukrainians involved in fighting the Russian army.

Definitely not good news

Putin: "We will definitely use all means available to defend Russian territory. That’s not a bluff.”

I certainly hope they will not use nuclear weapons, but he did say they are not of the table.

The worry is that if the next week's referendum in the occupied territory shows that people want to join Russia, then all these territories become part of Russia, and attacks on them will be considered attacks on Russia.

Btw, you guys might know this, if true, but i read today that Russia has 200,000 troops fighting and Ukraine has 700,000.

Apparently Ukraine has the largest army in Europe. Not sure if this includes Russia, as i always thought they have a big army.

Russia used to have a big army but then they went broke and everybody had to steal to eat.

It's good that you "worry" about escalation. It should keep your abstraction layers from contemplating the continuing crash of the Russian markets...

What's that quaint Russian saying?...Oh yeah, "Play pussy, get fucked", right?

Definitely not good news

I promise you my fellow Poker players: I do have a royal Flush!
    I do not Bluff!
    Cause I is magnificent Putin and everything is going according to plan! I planned mobilisation for my brilliant 3 day victory in February!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Gravity is very grave in Putin’s Russia.

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-ally-...zation-1744944
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Friedman's OP in the Times today is a good read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/20/o...ine-putin.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Of course the occupied region will vote unanimously for annexation to Russia, because only the invaders are allowed to vote. In fact, it's nothing more than a formality as victory has already been counted and declared!

But if they really want to be Russian why deny them the honor. We could have peace! And then we can get back to my Investments
    /rod
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Of course Rod characterizes the “referendums” as free and fair expressions of democracy and the will of the people. More Putin water carrying. As if the outcome is anything but completely rigged…

So are you condemning Russia for staging fake elections?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Seems you guys are figuring this all out for the rest of us through your exhaustive research and intelligent discourse.

I gather from reading your posts the Ukrainians are reclaiming some of the territory previously occupied by the Russians. Any idea when this conflict will be over?

Keep up the good work here.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

December 2024.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Seems you guys are figuring this all out for the rest of us through your exhaustive research and intelligent discourse.

I gather from reading your posts the Ukrainians are reclaiming some of the territory previously occupied by the Russians. Any idea when this conflict will be over?

Keep up the good work here.
    That’s the aggressively stupid smug cunt we expect. Your Mom didn’t give you quarters for the handjob today?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Of course the occupied region will vote unanimously for annexation to Russia, because only the invaders are allowed to vote. In fact, it's nothing more than a formality as victory has already been counted and declared!
    some of the regions aren’t even entirely occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    That’s the aggressively stupid smug cunt we expect. Your Mom didn’t give you quarters for the handjob today?
    "We" as in you and all your aliases?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    some of the regions aren’t even entirely occupied.
    Brilliant. You musta been very good at playing Risk back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    "We" as in you and all your aliases?
    Yeah, here I am arguing with my dumbest alias, timberridge

Well then, carry on.