Page 316 of 662 FirstFirst ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Ukraine

I say fuck giving the bully your lunch money… but that’s just me. And once again, Kissinger can go fuck himself. What a waste of oxygen that douchebag is. It’s incredible to me that anyone would take him seriously given his track record.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I say fuck giving the bully your lunch money… but that’s just me. And once again, Kissinger can go fuck himself. What a waste of oxygen that douchebag is. It’s incredible to me that anyone would take him seriously given his track record.
    Just to be clear, I’m absolutely not for pressuring UKR to give up land for a negotiated peace at this time, especially since they themselves aren’t currently interested in doing that.

First priority for any negotiation should be trying to achieve what UKR themselves want, not what we or anyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    But if the choice is move out and let the guy live in your house, on the one hand, or fight and half the town will end up dead and destroyed, on the other, moving out now could be the best choice, from a purely rational perspective.
    Lots of people have lost nearly everything. Where are they moving? The family retreat on Lake Como?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Lots of people have lost nearly everything. Where are they moving? The family retreat on Lake Como?
    That was riffing on Toadman’s analogy, not talking about the actual situation in UKR.

It's analogous to the situation in UA. Same thing; larger scale. 'Just move.'

If you've lost it all there is nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Ukraine is getting pushed back in the Donbas right now, but making small advances elsewhere.

Peace talks without a desire for peace are pointless.

Russia’s digging T-62 tanks out of storage and sending them to the front to become scrap metal.
    There's no way they build up the industry to replenish those tanks anytime soon. I wonder how soon China will start encroaching on Siberia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chines...icing_strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    It's analogous to the situation in UA. Same thing; larger scale. 'Just move.'

If you've lost it all there is nothing to lose.
    So, again, I’m absolutely not advocating for UKR to give in/give up. And I wouldn’t say at this point that they’ve ‘lost it all’, and there’s no way they would - nor should we expect them to - negotiate an end to the war that requires them to ‘give it all up’.

But stepping outside of this specific war, do you really think it NEVER would make sense to negotiate to end a war with an aggressor, even if that could require giving up land that was yours to begin with? Cause that’s all I’m trying to say.

For example, Native Americans could easily make a moral claim to American land. Does anyone think it would be in their best interest to start a war against the US to try and reclaim it? Is there any way such a war would leave them in a better situation? That the cost would be worth it?

China invading Russia to seize territory is a recipe to open up the canned sunshine. Russia's preoccupation with mobile launchers and intermediate range missiles is only half about NATO.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

We don’t need ancient men like Kissinger around. Why is he not dead?

But at the same time, we need to consider everything. My opinion, wait out the SOB. At this rate, he will be taken out by his own.

But move to fast, beat their ass badly etc. that is a risk.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I saw a post on this line of thought. It goes something like this; a robber comes into your home, rapes your wife and daughter and then tortures them and kills them in front of you. The robber then goes through your has wrecking things. Beats you up and then steals your belongings. Your neighbors then say that you should come to some agreement to let the robber/rapist/murderer stay and use your house as he wishes, along with your car. No punishment for the invader. It's actually you that gets punished. You bury your wife and daughter in the backyard, and then go to work and then hand over a portion of your salary to keep the invader from doing any more damage. Then your new house guests goes next door and does the same thing to your neighbor...
    This is the biggest lie of the Biden Administration now, and media outlets are just starting to report and unravel the cognitive dissonance of the Administration saying one thing, but doing another via their actions.

They (The Biden Admin) don't want peace in Ukraine (like they are trying to sell in the media and to the American People), they want Putin OUT by any means necessary.

Based on the foreign policy savviness of this Admin, we will be officially in WW3 by the end of the year, or when the food crisis happens. Whichever comes first.

Two stars quietly added to the CIA wall yesterday. I wonder where these brave US citizens met their deaths...

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    This is the biggest lie of the Biden Administration now, and media outlets are just starting to report and unravel the cognitive dissonance of the Administration saying one thing, but doing another via their actions.

They (The Biden Admin) don't want peace in Ukraine (like they are trying to sell in the media and to the American People), they want Putin OUT by any means necessary.

Based on the foreign policy savviness of this Admin, we will be officially in WW3 by the end of the year, or when the food crisis happens. Whichever comes first.

Two stars quietly added to the CIA wall yesterday. I wonder where these brave US citizens met their deaths...
    ‘By any means’, except boots on the ground, no fly zone, MIGs, etc. etc. etc.

Maybe put down the Kool-Aid.

fuck off asspan

if you can’t see Russia would get pasted you should wander off to the senior home and have some oatmeal

That's a fully incorrect statement. They absolutely want peace, but not at the expense of the country of Ukraine. Putin is clearly pulling the strings and by now it should be clear that as long as Putin is in power and there's a single Russian soldier, this war will continue. Just another sock puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    We don’t need ancient men like Kissinger around. Why is he not dead?
    He's 98, so I imagine it works like so:

The worry is if we have to wait out Putin until he is 98, that is a long wait.

They were just as likely killed in 2021. The May 23, 2022 CIA press release describes this year's annual memorial ceremony, not necessarily a connection in either time or place with Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Aww, poor babies. Who will think of the fashionistas?
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ctions-ukraine
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Google trends Russia indicates Russians care more about about IKEA, McDonalds, H&M, Zara, Facebook and Instagram shutting down than they do the war in Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Google trends Russia indicates Russians care more about about IKEA, McDonalds, H&M, Zara, Facebook and Instagram shutting down than they do the war in Ukraine.
    Sounds like they should be pressuring Putin to end the war so they can try and get those things back.

The problem with ancient ass Kissinger's theory:

The Russians ONLY wanted Chechnya…. They will stop after that.
    The Russians ONLY wanted Georgia…. They will stop after that.
    The Russians ONLY wanted Crimea…. They will stop after that.
    The Russians ONLY wanted Luhansk… They will stop after that.
    The Russians ONLY wanted Kyiv^Z^Z^Z^Z Donbass… They will stop after that.

If only there were a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The problem with ancient ass Kissinger's theory:

The Russians ONLY wanted Chechnya…. They will stop after that.
    The Russians ONLY wanted Georgia…. They will stop after that.
    The Russians ONLY wanted Crimea…. They will stop after that.
    The Russians ONLY wanted Luhansk… They will stop after that.
    The Russians ONLY wanted Kyiv^Z^Z^Z^Z Donbass… They will stop after that.

If only there were a pattern.
    Oh come on, 1% of the time it works ever-wait, appeasement never works.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    fuck off asspan

if you can’t see Russia would get pasted you should wander off to the senior home and have some oatmeal
    They have nuclear weapons. Maybe they will lose, but so would we. Imo, war did be unthinkable.
    Except, our politicians get money from the arms manufacturers.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    They have nuclear weapons. Maybe they will lose, but so would we. Imo, war did be unthinkable.

So we should just give them whatever they want forever? Moscow immediately becomes a radioactive parking lot from multiple parties if they use anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

theres get more from arms manufacturers

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Sounds like they should be pressuring Putin to end the war so they can try and get those things back.
    In the first quarter, Russia’s economic growth ‘slowed down more than expected.’ The Russian Finance Ministry reported VAT collection in April 2022 was less than half what it was in April 2021.

Sales of new cars are down -80%, inflation is at 18%, food price are up 20% and the entire economy likely contracts between -7% to -10% for the second quarter. As much as -15% for the entire year.

Meanwhile Russian state media tells people how lucky they are...

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    So we should just give them whatever they want forever? Moscow immediately becomes a radioactive parking lot from multiple parties if they use anything.
    That's why these nuke threats are kind of a joke. If Russia actually went there we'd bomb them back into the the 19th century and take care of a major headache in the process. If you provide your enemy with a political get out of jail free card, well then you have it coming. I think there's about a 0.0000001% chance of this happening.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.