Page 481 of 662 FirstFirst ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... LastLast
Results 12,001 to 12,025 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 2.45.25 PM.png
Views: 358
Size:  581.3 KB

Have some sympathy guys - the "I might miss the father-daughter dance" clock has also moved in step

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Sounds like Germany is now agreeing to send around 40ish Leopards and let other countries send theirs. If you believe the UK Daily Mail.... I won't hold my breath.
    Looks like Der Spiegel is reporting the same.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What makes you think the world will be safer if Russia conquers Ukraine? I think it is quite obvious that the world is safer if Russia fails, is driven from Ukrainian land and the regime suffers mightily if not collapses from it. That would be a major disincentive to any other countries, see China, from pursuing imperialistic goals.
    Well thank you, but I’m not the Nobel laureate I was referring too. You’ll have to contact the nerds in the article.

I was just down at the graveyard, send them a hustler, job over. Lots of good stuff to throw back into service.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F96386AB-8E0D-43AC-8387-242E03126E91.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	562.9 KB 
ID:	444361
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2E2F72E8-4235-4139-B809-4AD0B6431686.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	672.6 KB 
ID:	444360  

I built one of those. From Revell I believe. Yep.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 15-16-31 B-58 Hustler Revell H-252 (1961).png
Views: 347
Size:  245.9 KB

And Testors glue, never understood the attraction.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I built one of those. From Revell I believe. Yep.

And Testors glue, never understood the attraction.
    It was wicked. Made to carry a single nuke, nothing else. Won’t help the energy crisis though, those engines were built to take it to hell, one way. Mach 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Well thank you, but I’m not the Nobel laureate I was referring too. You’ll have to contact the nerds in the article.
    No where in that article do they say the danger would be less of the West didn’t support Ukraine. The blame is solely on Russia. Nor do they say that the risk would be averted if Russia prevails.

If you agree with that, then it sounds like your post was basically saying, “shocker - strongman nuclear power invading neighbor raises risk of nuclear war”.

B-58 was one sexy plane though.

Name:  germany_force_of_habit_jpg-2683980.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  109.3 KB

Name:  t0eFDJW.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  136.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Testors glue, never understood the attraction.
    I guess you didn’t inhale

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What makes you think the world will be safer if Russia conquers Ukraine? I think it is quite obvious that the world is safer if Russia fails, is driven from Ukrainian land and the regime suffers mightily if not collapses from it. That would be a major disincentive to any other countries, see China, from pursuing imperialistic goals.
    You think the world will be safer if a nuclear power known for military hardware disappearing through graft turns into a failed state?

Can you explain that one to me? Seems emotionally gratifying and not very well thought out IMO.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    You think the world will be safer if a nuclear power known for military hardware disappearing through graft turns into a failed state?

Can you explain that one to me? Seems emotionally gratifying and not very well thought out IMO.
    You would think that anyone wanted to get their hands on some Russian nukes would be doing everything they could to help Ukraine destroy Russia so they could get their hands on said nukes. Now is the best chance those terrorists groups will probably ever have to make that a reality.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Maybe the replacement state won't be as criminally incompetent as the current one.

Pretty dumb of Putin wasn’t it?

It’s all a master plan, just like why Lavorov just signed a fir visa free travel with Eswatini today. The booming, rich, nation formerly known as Swaziland. 8D chess.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    It’s all a master plan, just like why Lavorov just signed a fir visa free travel with Eswatini today. The booming, rich, nation formerly known as Swaziland. 8D chess.
    I'm pretty sure they still have a legit king. Not some fake ceremonial head of state like the Euros, but a real deal absolute ruler monarchy.

Brothers in Swaziland got it figured?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Maybe the replacement state won't be as criminally incompetent as the current one.
    Maybe the next time I wonder if I should trust a fart instead of sharting myself I'll actually just gain a jet engine and fly around with red white and blue contrails coming out of my ass for a while but it seems like a stretch.

Cus ya know, assessing the consequences for that maybe not happened are part of risk assessment.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

I read that Russia is bombing Ukraine with over self inflated contrarians.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

So I should trust that fart is what you're saying?

Also I'm not a contrarian. You're a contrarian.

In all seriousness though I don't think pointing out naivety in hoping for a nuclear power to become a failed state is contrarian at all.

Maybe the next time I wonder if I should trust a fart instead of sharting myself I'll actually just gain a jet engine and fly around with red white and blue contrails coming out of my ass for a while but it seems like a stretch.

Cus ya know, assessing the consequences for that maybe not happened are part of risk assessment.
    get help

Its just chipolte.

You just said nothing, it’s incomprehensible

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That's his specialty

Why the world needs Ukrainian victory:

1. To halt atrocity
    2. To preserve the international legal order
    3. To end an era of empire
    4. To defend the peace project of the European Union
    5. To give the rule of law a chance in Russia
    6. To weaken the prestige of tyrants
    7. To remind us that democracy is the better system
    8. To lift the threat of major war in Europe
    9. To lift the threat of major war in Asia
    10. To prevent the spread of nuclear weapons
    11. To reduce the risk of nuclear war
    12. To head off future resource wars
    13. To guarantee food supplies and prevent future starvation
    14. To accelerate the shift from fossil fuels
    15. To affirm the value of freedom

Two key points on nuclear weapons:

• Ukraine gave up nuclear weapons. Russia, a nuclear power, then invaded. If Ukraine loses, countries that can build nuclear weapons will feel that they need to do so to protect themselves.
    • A Ukrainian victory makes two major war scenarios involving nuclear powers less likely, and works against nuclear proliferation generally. Nothing would reduce the risk of nuclear war more than Ukrainian victory.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Why is everyone so hung up on JP4 as the fuel for the M1A1 when everywhere I look it can apparently run on basically any fuel commonly available like kerosene, gasoline, diesel, etc?

Harder to maintain? Needs a conversion kit?
    Apparently the Abrams engine generates more horsepower with it preferred ultra high test fuel. The other fuels produce less HP and apparently cause more engine wear.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk