Page 258 of 664 FirstFirst ... 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... LastLast
Results 6,426 to 6,450 of 16600

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I thought that rare-earth minerals weren’t actually that rare, but mining them is toxic and involves poor working conditions, thus wealthy countries don’t want to mine them themselves (?).

If true, long term dependence isn’t a concern, but not sure how quickly you go from ‘oh fuck, China’s about to screw us’ to actually having another source.
    This podcast suggests the processing and actually turning the metals into something useful is somewhere that we are falling far behind.
    I thought it was pretty interesting https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...OWYyZjk5?ep=14

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    The US Navy has raised entire submarines from far deeper than 150'. I gotta think this is pretty basic salvage stuff for the right squad.
    If you are talking about potential nukes, then yes. I would think raising a vessel of this displacement size would be impossible

Quote Originally Posted by mbeffb View Post
    Putin always waits to make sure Benny has has full satisfaction before he pulls out. He likes to make sure his propagandists are happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    When you say shit like this and Benny isn’t even here, it just makes you look like a douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeffb View Post
    He’s here. Where else would he be?
    Join date. April 2022

Story checks out
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    That’s the whole missile though. They can’t take just the warhead?
    Take it where ?

I can state from hands-on experience that while our ships damage control plans placed a high priority on protecting our nukes from fire or damage, we had zero training/tools/equipment/expertise to remove a warhead at sea. We wouldn’t know were to even get started, let alone during the stress of a raging fire while the ship is sinking.

Think about it, would you want it EZ to remove a live warhead and just hand it over the side to some guys in a Zodiac ?

By far the safest option is just let them go down with the ship and attempt salvage later.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Join date. April 2022

Story checks out
    Oh it’s that same douche who got banned two weeks into his other alias account. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    If you are talking about potential nukes, then yes. I would think raising a vessel of this displacement size would be impossible
    I don't know about that. It took quite a while for this POS to sink. In only 150' of water I would think as long as the hull didn't break up a re-float would not be out of the question for a modern nation. Once no one is shooting at the salvage teams.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Who’s our underwater nuke salvage expert? puregravity?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I keep wondering why Ukraine isn't making some strategic offensive moves to take out infrastructure and equipment outside their border. Why aren't they trying to make it harder for Russia to move conventional forces around? I can't imagine that they're still afraid to poke the bear.

^^^My understanding is that Ukraine lacks the artillery to reach the LR Russian missile batteries. Don’t understand why NATO won’t provide these “offensive” weapons.

That said “somebody” managed to blow up the major rail line from Russia into E. Ukraine recently. That’s gonna fuck up Putins supply line.

For those wondering how the Ukrainians defeated the Moskva’s missile defenses,
    “ More than 692 million rubles were stolen from the Northern Fleet from the 1 billion rubles allocated for the repair of anti-aircraft missile systems (SAMs) "Kinzhal", "Uragan" and "Krepost'" - Kommersant

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrentTele...85553231339523

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Who’s our underwater nuke salvage expert? puregravity?
    Core Shot tried and failed.

I claim zero expertise in salvage. But a guy I went through OCS with became a EOD/diving officer with an MDSU. He made a career of it and last I heard he was the captain of a salvage ship. Sadly I’ve lost touch with him.

My guess is that if it’s only 150 feet they can get it up. Not sure about the ship itself, but the warheads should be EZ. That’s pretty shallow in the grand scheme of things. Is 150 feet confirmed ?

MDSU = Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Name:  Image1650208638.403457.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  87.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Name:  Image1650208638.403457.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  87.6 KB

That was quick

Looks like the??? Got what they wanted. A long protracted expensive war. I just can’t imagine living in that country right now.

Looks like Mariupol fell. For now.

There was a good interview with a humanitarian aid guy taking about being blocked from providing aid. Also talked about buying 50% of the wheat they distribute coming from Ukraine. And because of the port’s being blocked a good portion of the world will starve to death this next fall. Global impact nothing good.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I keep wondering why Ukraine isn't making some strategic offensive moves to take out infrastructure and equipment outside their border. Why aren't they trying to make it harder for Russia to move conventional forces around? I can't imagine that they're still afraid to poke the bear.
    They have made some limited ones on the fuel depot in Belgorod and on a key railway bridge that was used for redistributing forces from the northern front down to Donbas.
    I agree though, it would be helpful for more sabotage on the infrastructure in Russia.

I am more than a little surprised that UKR has not yet sent any special actions groups into Russia to exactly that.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I am more than a little surprised that UKR has not yet sent any special actions groups into Russia to exactly that.
    I imagine they got their hands full. They'll get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Looks like Mariupol fell. For now.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by tetzen View Post
    They have made some limited ones on the fuel depot in Belgorod and on a key railway bridge that was used for redistributing forces from the northern front down to Donbas.
    I agree though, it would be helpful for more sabotage on the infrastructure in Russia.
    the two trains attacked successfully by drones were in Russian territory; thereve been other drone attacks too. And there’s things like iirc an ammo dump in Belgorod blew up a couple days before the attack on the oil depot. Of course the latter could just have been Russian incompetence

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Core Shot tried and failed.

I claim zero expertise in salvage. But a guy I went through OCS with became a EOD/diving officer with an MDSU. He made a career of it and last I heard he was the captain of a salvage ship. Sadly I’ve lost touch with him.

My guess is that if it’s only 150 feet they can get it up. Not sure about the ship itself, but the warheads should be EZ. That’s pretty shallow in the grand scheme of things. Is 150 feet confirmed ?

MDSU = Mobile Diving and Salvage Unit

Not confirmed at all, was just the general depth in the general area it is thought to have sunk.

How a Kleptocracy Fights a War, Chapter the Three Hundred and Twenty Second, in which Boris Gets His Oats: Wooden Bricks Instead TNT Of Russian Army

– “We don’t want anyone else’s territory, and we don’t want to give up our own,” President Zelensky

– Lithuanian lawmakers have proposed commemorating May 9 in Lithuania as the Day of Remembrance of the Victims of the Genocide in Ukraine

– A world in which NATO does not expand to Poland and the Baltics is a world in which Russia has the freedom to intervene in those countries in the way that it has intervened in Ukraine

– German agricultural minister urges arming Ukraine to avert global hunger. Cem Özdemir said his government received “alarming news” from Ukraine where Russian troops are destroying agricultural infrastructure, which could have long-term effects on world food supplies

– Russia offered safe surrender to Mariupol defenders and then shelled those who took them up in the offer

– On an intercept a Russian soldier describes in gruesome detail the execution of a woman whose brother was suspected of serving in Azov:
    Name:  intercept.png
Views: 403
Size:  69.7 KB

– Mariupol residents are left without gas, electricity and suffer from starvation. Over 100,000 civilians suffer from water and food shortages. Amid the 50-day-long siege of the city, Russians are not allowing humanitarian convoys with food & medicine from Ukraine to enter.

– While Russian infantry & armor is inferior to the Ukrainian side, Russia still has an advantage in artillery and bombing capability. The Russians have begun using heavy bombers over airspace it controls and they are indiscriminately shelling everything within range of their artillery. Ukraine could really use more advanced fighter jets.
    Name:  RuAF is dropping FAB-500s on the Azovstal steel plant.png
Views: 421
Size:  273.3 KB
    Russian shelling of a small Ukrainian outpost in the east:
    Name:  The extent of shelling on a Ukrainian trench in the Luhansk region.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  142.6 KB

– Ukrainian Defense Ministry: Russians fail to launch large-scale offensive in Donbas as Ukrainian forces hold them back. Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Maliar said on TV that Russia is building up troops and equipment in Ukraine's east but is failing to enter the new stage of the war

– Openly genocidal rhetoric on Russian state TV. According to Russian media the very idea of being Ukrainian “has to be erased once and for all”

– The US does not believe sunken Russian cruiser Moskva was carrying nuclear weapons, according to latest US intel assessment. US has been monitoring Russian forces for unusual movement of nuclear weapons & have not detected such movements to date

– It's been more than 48hrs since the Moskva sank with 500 people aboard. We still haven't seen any photos/videos of the rescued crew. When the Kursk sank Putin believed the desolate wives were prostitutes paid to cause him political damage. With the Moskva there is no declared mourning, no condolences and no service for the sailors. Their families will take money from the government for their losses and continue to hate Ukraine & blame the West.
    Name:  when the Kursk sank.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  64.3 KB

– In May 2012, when millions of Russian protested, Putin used loopholes in the constitution to get himself re-elected for a 3rd term. He was driven through an emptied Moscow for his inauguration:
    Name:  Putins 2012 inauguration.png
Views: 414
Size:  190.7 KB

More speculation but I am hoping that right now there is a cadre of UKR troops somewhere nearby that is being trained to train other UKR troops to operate and maintain defensive weapons like Patriot batteries as well as some really nasty offensive weapon systems.

Russia released video of 50-100 crew today

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/ukrai...-navy-12592078
    there’s also at least one deathhttps://www.radiosvoboda.org/a/skhem.../31806520.html

Wonder why Biden keeps insisting publicaly the Russia committed genocide.

Macron said it's not helpful, and the us state department said there's no evidence.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Just Google it. There are many articles.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk