Page 437 of 663 FirstFirst ... 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 16555

Thread: Ukraine

Russia apparently is withdrawing from the West bank of the Dnipro including Kherson... unless it's a trick...
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ry-2022-10-31/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I don't think anyone on either side has a clear picture of what's happening with Kherson. There seems to be an equal number of reports highlighting drawdowns as there are reports of newly mobilized Russian troops moving in. Russian positions are still heavily fortified and Ukraine is still paying a high cost for every inch of liberated ground.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Russia apparently is withdrawing from the West bank of the Dnipro including Kherson... unless it's a trick...
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ry-2022-10-31/
    Reports of Russian soldiers moving into Ukraine civilian housing, wearing civilian clothing. They are going to make things messy. The probably have IED's all over the place. Boobytraps and who knows what other devious crap they are up to.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    I read a study several years ago comparing tariff reductions to cost reductions in international cargo shipping. One of the factoids was that sea shipping between any two ports cost roughly the same as 100 miles of land shipping, ignoring tariffs. Numbers may differ for DPRK/RU, ofc, but the point is ships are efficient cargo movers.

I haven't seen it mentioned any where, but it's also possible Russia has a shortage of locomotives. Ukraine likes to target logistics and may have destroyed a bunch of choochoos. I mean, if I were Ukrainian, I'd be working on missile guidance that recognizes train tracks and targets any heat signature on the track. Ukrainians have had 8 years to think about this, I bet at least one has solved this problem.
    Just look at a map. It's basically going from one end of Russia to the other from NK to Ukraine. Then you have to deal with the HIMARS...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

And the assumption that all the rail lines and rolling stock are well maintained and reliable might be suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    A day or two? Just like that 3 day Special Military Ops in Ukraine? IDTS. Russia has bit off more than it can chew.
    Russian Navy is losing to a country that doesn’t even have a navy.

They haven’t been a maritime force since the Vikings morphed into the Kyivian Rus

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Reports of Russian soldiers moving into Ukraine civilian housing, wearing civilian clothing. They are going to make things messy. The probably have IED's all over the place. Boobytraps and who knows what other devious crap they are up to.
    Or they are deserters trying to blend until the orcs leave and Ukes show up…

Russia's plan isn't so much to invade Ukraine, as to divide the EU and civil society.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ59NeVfVgM
    Two notes. This is seven years old. There's also a part 1, that's also interesting.

The Daily Mail says The Sun saw a secret email! It must be true!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Is that a fight club scar on his hand?

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    The Daily Mail says The Sun saw a secret email! It must be true!
    Dammit. Getting my UK papers confused, was thinking Guardian maybe?

Quick google shows only ones on the story are Rupert Murdoch papers or their ilk, so probably not true.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Yes, good read. Nice web of intrigue woven together. Our local Aspen jet setter Barrack was mentioned in there with his ties to Manafort - looks like Barrack got away scot-free in court today regarding his work with the UAE.

And the O man is not a citizen so there's that. Heard a guy blame Obama when he got fined at the dump for not having his load covered. I asked if he was serious and with clenched teeth said yes."

Anyway, Russian flag came down in Kherson. Ukes believe the RA is setting a trap. We need to be in it to win it.

Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    And the O man is not a citizen so there's that. Heard a guy blame Obama when he got fined at the dump for not having his load covered. I asked if he was serious and with clenched teeth said yes.
    "It's that damned EPA messing with mah God-given rights!"

I imagine the Russians will wait until they see the latest Ukraine posts of soldiers in Kherson, and then they will unleash Iranian drones, artillery and missiles on the city. If the Russians can't have it, then they will destroy it.

Kicking out the RA and raising the UKE flag is enough to claim a big time win. Good propaganda to lift the homeland spirit and reminding NATO nations to keep sending them shit cause they are in it to win it.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I still watch Denys Davydov and sometimes Artur Rehi because he is kind of funny in a don't flert with my wife like that kind of way.

Any other youtube recommendations? I mostly fallow mainstream news, R/Ukraine, Telegraph's Ukraine the Latest podcast and Twat, Def Mon, ISW, Anton Gerashchenko, Phillips P OBrien, Rob Lee and a few others.
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

An independent russian youtube news source from exile is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aQOr6e39t8

Wikipedia says "TV Rain (Russian: Дождь, tr. Dozhd, IPA: [ˈdoʂtʲ] (listen); stylized as До///дь) is a Russian-language independent television channel. It was launched in 2010 in Russia, and since 2022 is based in Latvia. It focuses on news, discussions, culture, politics, business reports, and documentaries, with most shows broadcast live. TV Rain is owned by journalist Natalya Sindeyeva. Its slogan is "Optimistic channel."[3]

In March 2022, the Russian government blocked access to TV Rain in response to its coverage of the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine. The channel relaunched from studios in Riga, Latvia on 18 July 2022.[4]"

It is in russian but can be cc´d in rough english. Putin´s spouting uesterday is the subject of the piece above. "Vladimir Putin addressed representatives of youth movements on Red Square and at a meeting on the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the re-establishment of the Russian Historical and Russian Military Historical Societies, where he said that Ukraine was the main victim in the “deliberate sublimation of hatred towards Russians.”

How much longer before Elon Sucks demands money from them or US for internet service again?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    How much longer before Elon Sucks demands money from them or US for internet service again?
    Well, he has a point. Spacex or Musk shouldn’t be the ones paying for that. If it suits US foreign policy then the US govt should be paying for it.

Perhaps Allies are deploying a military comm and can soon tell musk they don’t need him.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Well, he has a point. Spacex or Musk shouldn’t be the ones paying for that. If it suits US foreign policy then the US govt should be paying for it.
    Musk is a twerp but you are right.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    “hi I’m the richest man in the world and want more simps sucking my dick because I do stuff for PR” anyways you’ll simp for pony stark because that’s what people do

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    “hi I’m the richest man in the world and want more simps sucking my dick because I do stuff for PR” anyways you’ll simp for pony stark because that’s what people do
    Whether he can afford it is beside the point. Private individuals should not control significant assets that can be used militarily in a war with security implications for the US. This seems to be very close to a violation of the Logan act.

These assets need to be under the control of (and paid by) the proper US govt authorities, whether that is the State Department, CIA, or pentagon. The cost is peanuts compared the other military assistance we’ve already provided.