Page 397 of 658 FirstFirst ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 16432

Thread: Ukraine

I'd have to think the most likely culprits are the Ukrainians. Cutting the pipeline means there is no going back to the way things were, eliminating the possibility that appeasement might restore supplies and thus fortifying European resolve to go forward instead of backward.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I'd have to think the most likely culprits are the Ukrainians. Cutting the pipeline means there is no going back to the way things were, eliminating the possibility that appeasement might restore supplies and thus fortifying European resolve to go forward instead of backward.
    Or any number of sympathizers. Risky move if detected, whoever it was, so the CIA will be blamed...about...now. If Russia was populated with realists this would be a very plausible false flag, but I think they'd have to actually believe in European resolve to do anything so permanent.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Obviously it was the Austrians with a false Flag operation. They hate us Piefkes.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Both sides are trying to figure out who sabotaged nord stream 1. My money is on Greta Thunberg did it, using her family’s yacht.

Mystery leaks hit Russian undersea gas lines, raising European suspicions https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...pe-2022-09-27/
    I really don’t care about Greta Thunberg, but her family doesn’t have a yacht. She was invited by a friend of the family to sail to wherever she went. As in, wind power.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Maybe it was the same guy that did the Sea to Sky in?

Btw. Where the hell is Puregravity these days? These are the types of things he was good at ferreting out.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

HOW DARE YOU!?!?!?!

sorry couldn't help it..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Both sides are trying to figure out who sabotaged nord stream 1. My money is on Greta Thunberg did it, using her family’s yacht.
    Only one side is trying to figure it out because Russia already knows they did it. Russia is at war with the EU and is using energy as one of its weapons in an effort to destabilize Europe. Germany should send modern tanks to Ukraine in response to yet another attack instigated by the Kremlin on the German people.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Already thought for 25 minutes. Concluded that nothing about the threat has changed in recent decades*.
    My money is on Cono hoping for it to happen so that he can finally get a chance to dunk on everyone.

If the nukes Fall cono will have a short and very bright "I told you so" monent.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Only one side is trying to figure it out because Russia already knows they did it.
    Obviously it's unclear but I don't see a benefit to Russia, the possibility of supplying gas through a functional pipeline was at least a carrot they could hold out to Europe when it gets cold and Euro gas supplies get low but now that's gone.

Obviously it's unclear but I don't see a benefit to Russia, the possibility of supplying gas through a functional pipeline was at least a carrot they could hold out to Europe when it gets cold and Euro gas supplies get low but now that's gone.
    ”don’t see a benefit to Russia” not a spectacularly great predictor of Russian actions

It's not unclear, at all. Russia used explosives that were most likely planted by a UUV in international waters. We're talking about blowing holes in a high strength steel pipe nearly two inches thick. Russia has both the capability and the motive.

The benefit to Russia is that gas shortages and high European energy costs are aligned with the Kremlin's overall strategic plan of outlasting the West through the winter. One of the goals is to destabilize European politics with eye an towards electing right-wing pro-Russian politicians.

It's the same thing with mobilization. The Kremlin knows green recruits can't defeat Ukraine outright on the battlefield so the only hope is to send enough men to prolong the war. Even though Russia is losing on the battlefield, their strategy to win the war hasn't changed.

Ok, this may not be the stupidest thing I've heard lately, but it's close.

What possible reason would Russia have to blow up their own pipeline?

When they could simply shut it down, as they have already?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Because Russia is at war, another cold war, with Europe and blowing up the pipeline provides plausible deniability as opposed to shutting it down — but only for useful idiots like Rod with a longstanding record of credulously buying into Russian propaganda hook, line, and sinker. At this point what more proof does anyone need than the fact Rod is arguing in favor of Russian innocence?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

They blew up pipelines in Kharkiv and Druzhba when they could have turned them off.

Who else had the capabilities and motivation?
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 09-27-2022 at 12:22 PM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Man, the regurgitation of propaganda, half truths and outright made up “facts” is off the charts in this thread.

Why would Pooty lie about it or anything else????

Name:  84c346e8-d1b3-4011-9ff3-5653ee164fb6.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  75.7 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

For the record, my posts aren't regurgitation, they're uninformed speculation.

They want to Sabotage your Investments. Because putin is evil like that!

For the record, my posts aren't regurgitation, they're uninformed speculation.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    They want to Sabotage your Investments. Because putin is evil like that!
    Ok that makes more sense

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    My money is on Cono hoping for it to happen so that he can finally get a chance to dunk on everyone.
    There will be no dunking if and when a nuke is dropped. I will be on a plane to Patagonia.

Just curious how everyone in here will regroup with the never surrender an inch of land position. Or if they will expect Biden to respond in kind and permanently destroy the environment for the next 56 1/2 yrs. You guys used to like trees and shit.

Maybe you should write a stern shareholder letter and let them know you aren’t happy about their disregard for profits.

Mystery leaks hit Russian undersea gas lines, raising European suspicions https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...pe-2022-09-27/

Nice. Hand him a rifle and tell him to defend the motherland from the invading nazis.
    Hey! Something we can agree on.