Page 357 of 663 FirstFirst ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,925 of 16555

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    JFC. Are you really comparing CNN to Russian state media?
    he cheers for right wing politicians on both networks calling for ethnic cleansing

CBS tweeted on Monday that it had removed a a video promoting the documentary that included a months-old quote saying most aid was not making it to Ukraine's front lines.

It said it was updating the documentary, called "Arming Ukraine," with "new information" about the delivery of military aid to Ukraine.

Among the material removed was a quote the founder of pro-Ukraine nonprofit Blue-Yellow, Jonas Ohman, who said in late April that only around 30% of aid was reaching the front lines in Ukraine.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    JFC. Are you really comparing CNN to Russian state media?
    I think it can be compared, not as bad obviously, but when did cnn question any us government decisions on Ukraine?

Just like Fox news, when did they question any trump decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Did you just describe the current state of affairs in American media?

If all your talking points mesh perfectly with what CNN is bleating on about, then maybe, just maybe you are a victim of the propaganda machine that is alive and well here in America.
    Every accusation is an admission with you guys. Offense is the best defense, eh Boris?
    Last edited by jono; 08-08-2022 at 10:58 PM.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    CBS tweeted on Monday that it had removed a a video promoting the documentary that included a months-old quote saying most aid was not making it to Ukraine's front lines.

It said it was updating the documentary, called "Arming Ukraine," with "new information" about the delivery of military aid to Ukraine.

Among the material removed was a quote the founder of pro-Ukraine nonprofit Blue-Yellow, Jonas Ohman, who said in late April that only around 30% of aid was reaching the front lines in Ukraine.

Well then we need to send them 50% more lethal aid then they ask for. Problem solved. Duh.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

There you go.

But seriously, my concern is that the weapons will end up with some terrorist group.

Solution is simple, have our people on the ground to verify and see where the weapons end up.

The CBS report contained a lot of innuendo and not a lot of facts. Not only was the 30% number a mischaracterization of the situation. the number was in the context of nonlethal donated aid and not NATO provided weapons. It's also worth mentioning the CBS report was filmed eight weeks after the Russian invasion during the chaotic period when the main thrust of the war shifted to the Donbas region.

The facts are Ukraine makes use of the official NATO weapons tracking system and there are American and other NATO liaisons on the ground helping track NATO supplied weapons. Ukraine is also a moderately successful European country with it's own domestic weapons industry. The Stugna anti-tank guided missile and the missiles used to sink the Moskova were both developed in Ukraine, for example.

The real risk arises if Russia succeeds in its goal of turning Ukraine into a failed state.

The 30 percent was really 70 percent missing.

So even if it wasn't all weapons, still this is a level of corruption that's hard to fathom.

Per your own post above, CBS retracted the report and yet here you are still treating it as factual.

The 30% number quoted by Blue/Yellow had nothing to do with corruption, stolen supplies or the black market and everything to do with efficiency and difficulties getting supplies to the front lines.

If you watched the video, the small Blue/Yellow convoy delivering aid was forced to turn back after they came under Russian shelling. CBS edited the video with an entirely separate storyline to make it seem like the speculative concern of missing weapons was related to the real problem of delivering non-lethal aid to the front lines.

Ok

Ok

the 30% claim wasn’t about arms. And one of the other sources was AI who are kremlin shills that don’t understand war.

“Why won’t they give their arm delivery and kill chain documentation to us in the middle of a war?!” Why don’t they tell you prime military targets for publication. I guess if you didn’t need no education in school it’s a point.

Right-wing media hacks also cherry-picked the CBS retraction and the Blue/Yellow explanation, leaving out important details, to insinuate the administration is involved in a cover up, all in service of clicks and their petty partisan purposes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pow-stuck-pole
    Horrific video and photos have emerged that appear to show the head of a Ukrainian prisoner of war stuck on a pole outside a house in the eastern Ukrainian city of Popasna, which was captured by Russian forces in May and is close to the current frontline in the Donbas.
    Maybe, just maybe, soldiers who celebrate torturing someone to death with a sledgehammer aren't great guys?

The head of Russia's Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Protection Troops nuclear power plant, Major General Valery Vasiliev, claimed that Russians had mined the nuclear power plant, according to Energoatam, a Ukrainian state nuclear agency.
    “There will be either Russian land or a scorched desert,” Vasiliev said, according to Energoatam. “The enemy knows that the station will be either Russian or no one's. We are ready for the consequences of this step.”
    Why can't they just talk it out???

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post

Maybe, just maybe, soldiers who celebrate torturing someone to death with a sledgehammer aren't great guys?

Head on a pike
    beating to death with a sledge hammer
    burning to death
    mass rape
    Castration

both sides thoug

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post

both sides thoug
    I mean just think about hunters Laptop! He fostered corruption in one of the most corrupt countries on esrth. No wonder putin had to attack. I mean I would have attacked. A corrupt liberal must be ousted at all Costs!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Some additional stuff coming out about the Amnesty report - apparently it used a lot of material from occupied territories that likely was "massaged" by the FSB - https://twitter.com/yarko/status/1556645999556415488?

Russian controlled Saki airbase in Crimea go boom 200 km away from Ukraine controlled land.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...I2JRD4eTQ&s=19

Russians on vacation enjoying a pleasant beach day.

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/st...D8xTlXy3g&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

"So where do you want to go on holiday?"
    "Near a valid military target!"
    The stark difference between Russian tactics and Ukrainian: the tourists feel safe filming. Not really concerned about a "miss" landing on their vacation spot. Amnesty should take note. Everyone else can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post

I would just surround the plant. Siege warfare. Starve out the Russians. Or if you want to end the siege quickly, air drop some vodka in plastic bottles. Let them get drunk and then walk in to the joint.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The stark difference between Russian tactics and Ukrainian: the tourists feel safe filming. Not really concerned about a "miss" landing on their vacation spot. Amnesty should take note. Everyone else can see it.
    Exactly what I was thinking while watching that.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

The 30 percent was really 70 percent missing.

So even if it wasn't all weapons, still this is a level of corruption that's hard to fathom.

While transporting Nazi treasure from Merkers Mine to Allied control, a couple of 4' x 4' bags of gold "fell off the truck". This must be your first war.

"It is what it is." - DJT45

Ukraine

Good angle airport explosion https://twitter.com/Sharman2Pam/stat...447eMOLc73Vd5w

Scroll that guys feed for videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    While transporting Nazi treasure from Merkers Mine to Allied control, a couple of 4' x 4' bags of gold "fell off the truck". This must be your first war.

"It is what it is." - DJT45
    Short of an analysis / report from Ukraine’s military accountants and logistics, how would anyone know that 30% of military equipment is making it to the front lines? They intentionally keep this shit secret. What do you expect, a public ledger of where the military put their supplies and how much of it?

It also seems a bit incredulous that a nation in a fight for its survival is allowing any significant amount of supplies and equipment to be siphoned off by corruption.

A lot of stuff went missing during WWII. No doubt stuff has gone missing in Ukraine. But that's not what 30% number in the CBS video was about. The quote "30% reached the front line" referred to the delivery success rate of reaching the front lines at the time. It's a supply chain issue not a stolen goods issue.

It makes sense when you think about it. Early in the war when you're still trying to figure things out and the Russians are shelling your supply convoys delivering goods is understandably difficult. Just like cargo stacked up at U.S. ports last year under duress caused by the pandemic, a similar thing happened in Ukraine under duress of a Russian invasion.

The CBS video shows the enormous risk various groups like Blue/Yellow are taking to deliver supplies in a war zone.

I'm not following close enough to know where the 30% number came from but I knew any number was bullshit relative to the real story. I know a lady who just retired as a Col in military logistics. Bet if I asked her, she would tell me that "shrinkage" is expected and accounted for. OTOH, ask the guy in the trench how many bullets he needs and the answer would be "More. By yesterday".