Page 542 of 664 FirstFirst ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... LastLast
Results 13,526 to 13,550 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

The only way that would make sense is if they were buying captured Ukrainian tanks from Russian soldiers or are putting the graphics on. Suppose they could buy tanks from the farmer surplus tank boneyard store and just wave Russian passports to drive it right on in cross the conflict zones, you never know.......

Maybe I should have phrased that differently. The speculation is that these are Russians fighting for Ukraine in Ukraines foreign legion who went rogue and crossed over the border to take the fight to the motherland itself.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/events-be...022633016.html

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Whose to say that Ukraine is feeding them anything? They could just have bought all their stuff at Russian milsurp stores. Maybe they aren't even "backed" by Ukraine, maybe this is just a case of people self-organizing and rising up against an oppressive and tyrannical regime. How dare you accuse Ukraine!

- what pretty much every Western media outlet said but about the LPR/DPR and Russia's support back in 2014
    I see what your did there.

Ukrainians going with the "smirking disavowal" instead of any attempt to inject plausibility is giving the world a chance to find out who never heard the phrase "little green men" from 2014-2022. Maybe missed the Wagner attack against US special forces in Syria. The Dutch airliner. Somewhere Oliver North is mourning the death of his catch phrase.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I see what your did there.

Ukrainians going with the "smirking disavowal" instead of any attempt to inject plausibility is giving the world a chance to find out who never heard the phrase "little green men" from 2014-2022. Maybe missed the Wagner attack against US special forces in Syria. The Dutch airliner. Somewhere Oliver North is mourning the death of his catch phrase.
    It's insane what a double standard we hold Ukraine to. Russian does all sorts of shitty things all while under the thinly veiled pretense of not being state sponsored. PMCs, non-state actors, etc (polonium tea, DPR, MH17, 2016 election interference), and we are SO quick to turn a blind eye or permit the use of non-accusatory language in the media - "both sides" bullshit. Ukraine actively aiding Russian separatist groups in Belgorod is a beautiful example of turnabout being fair play.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

It's insane what a double standard we hold Ukraine to. Russian does all sorts of shitty things all while under the thinly veiled pretense of not being state sponsored. PMCs, non-state actors, etc (polonium tea, DPR, MH17, 2016 election interference), and we are SO quick to turn a blind eye or permit the use of non-accusatory language in the media - "both sides" bullshit. Ukraine actively aiding Russian separatist groups in Belgorod is a beautiful example of turnabout being fair play.

Agreed, for now I'm going to assume this is a legitimate action undertaken by the Russian Volunteer Corps and Legion of Freedom of Russia, as advertised (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXW969HKODs) and covered by the main Twitter guys. Maybe they had some UKR backing/prep, but it doesn't seem likely that UKR would commit resources or energy into an inconsequential territorial gain. Seems more likely that an ambitious little militia chose a good moment to catch a quiet RU border with its pants down and are choosing to make a political statement.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Agreed, for now I'm going to assume this is a legitimate action undertaken by the Russian Volunteer Corps and Legion of Freedom of Russia, as advertised (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXW969HKODs) and covered by the main Twitter guys. Maybe they had some UKR backing/prep, but it doesn't seem likely that UKR would commit resources or energy into an inconsequential territorial gain. Seems more likely that an ambitious little militia chose a good moment to catch a quiet RU border with its pants down and are choosing to make a political statement.
    Well but it absolutely supports the overall aim of the 3CY. Make Russia withdraw troops from the trenchline in order to stabilize their own borders. They can't simply ignore this incursion, the FSB isn't capable of containing it, and - they can't use scorched earth tactics (artillery) on their own cities.

Now with Ukraine pushing hard into Yahidne and Optyne there is an extremely real risk of operational encirclement inside of Bakhmut, which yet again forces Russia into redeploying resources to stabilize their flanks or to lose the one thing they've spent all their resources trying to accomplish over the last 6 months+.

Finally for all of the chatter on here I don't see enough calls to donate to support 3CY or Ukrainian efforts. We as a community can do better. Please:

https://sp4ukraine.org/ - helps displaced people resettle. Great way to donate airline miles!

https://uanimals.org/en/ - Ukrainian pets are also displaced and need a ton of help! Great charity

https://www.etsy.com/shop/LinheartLingerie - not a charity but war has devastated local economies. This is our favorite lingerie atelier, amazing quality and great pieces out of Kyiv. Incredible value on high end lingerie, too.

they can't use scorched earth tactics (artillery) on their own cities.
    Chechnya would like to have a word.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Chechnya is not Russia.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    True. Right. Grozny was absolutely leveled. But it's different when you're bombing ethnic Russians (Orthodox Christians) vs bombing Chechens.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Chechnya is not Russia.
    Yeah it is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chechnya

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ukraine

Well but it absolutely supports the overall aim of the 3CY. Make Russia withdraw troops from the trenchline in order to stabilize their own borders. They can't simply ignore this incursion, the FSB isn't capable of containing it, and - they can't use scorched earth tactics (artillery) on their own cities.
    True, but I'm not sure if this incursion really will have moved the needle at all, beyond media/political optics. BBC was just reporting the Russian claims that RUS responded with air support and artillery and killed dozens (supposedly 70). Sounds like Twitter chatter indicates that "the ~80 strong party that crossed the border yesterday has retreated back into UKR territory." So hopefully that means they didn't sustain big losses, but it still resulted in a swift and relatively easy swat back from the Russians.

Hopefully the militias can sustain the distraction and disruption with further incursions, and if nothing else continue to draw out resources, planes and reveal RUS positions.
    Last edited by alpinevibes; 05-23-2023 at 01:42 PM.

True. Right. Grozny was absolutely leveled. But it's different when you're bombing ethnic Russians (Orthodox Christians) vs bombing Chechens.

Chechens dared to resist and even after two "campaigns" russkies couldn't hold it so they decided to buy Chechnya from Akhmat Kadyrov, a father of today's lavish leader Ramzan.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Yeah but not really. Apart from Russia's strategic need for that geography Chechnya serves only as a victim. Like any serial abuser, the Kremlin keeps one or two in reach at all times. But see how a Chechen is greeted in Moscow.

Humvees invading Russia? Interesting visuals:

Ukraine war: US distances itself from Belgorod incursion into Russia https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65691844

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post

Beau don't know.

Russia's reaction to cross-border strikes seems pretty funny to me. They get all outraged that anyone would dare to attack them, like it's against the rules or something. They're allowed to attack others but replies in kind are somehow not fair game. I think they better get used to it. "Welcome to the hard part" is right.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Humvees invading Russia? Interesting visuals:

Ukraine war: US distances itself from Belgorod incursion into Russia https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65691844
    Most likely propaganda. Those humvees seem to be China builds, carried there ( no tire tracks) and the "battle scars " already have Rust.

According to Twitter.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Most likely propaganda. Those humvees seem to be China builds, carried there ( no tire tracks) and the "battle scars " already have Rust.

According to Twitter.
    It could be the work of environmental activists. I'd be curious if any have Colorado plates and Protect Our Winters stickers.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It could be the work of environmental activists. I'd be curious if any have Colorado plates and Protect Our Winters stickers.
    Or it's the rise of the mistresses your father warned you about.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

If true, What’s the big deal about American equipment being used inside Russia?

You think you can give aid to someone fighting for their lives AND tell them how to use it?

Tell me you don’t think you can control that? Right?

Bless your heart…

I’m starting to think private education isn’t as elite as people claim.

Well, not everyone can be above average.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    I’m starting to think private education isn’t as elite as people claim.
    You don't always get what you pay for. And sometimes, it's just a waste of money.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch