Page 548 of 664 FirstFirst ... 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... LastLast
Results 13,676 to 13,700 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    eta: Al Jazeera report says the dam is 3m high. I expect ZNPP has a disaster plan for this. Even if they don't, 3m should be a minor obstacle to supplying water.

Hey, today they report 30m. And a check of wiki says the reservoir is up to 26m deep (I don't see dam height on wiki). Supposedly it was full.
    From NYT:
    "[ZNPP] is not at immediate risk of meltdown as a result of an attack on the dam downstream of the facility on Tuesday, the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog, Ukrainian officials and a nuclear expert said.

Five of the six reactors at the plant, which is the largest civilian nuclear facility in Europe, have been in cold shutdown for months, meaning they require a relatively small amount of water. The sixth reactor is cooled with water from a large on-site pond fed from the gushing reservoir, but the pond itself is full and secure,"

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post

The cracks in Europe and NATO are just beginning to show. They haven't "won" shit yet, bub. Unfortunately, my bet is by late summer get ready for the non NATO countries to start dropping off the "No negotiations, support UKR at all costs!" bandwagon, followed by the NATO countries. We will then see some buck the EU and NATO to secure their energy futures independently from one another. This "change in the air" will eventually push for a diplomatic end to this. This will end up in a long drawn out negotiated settlement with UKR ceding territory like ive said since day 1. Russia keeps their land bridge and strategic access to the Black sea, and the resource rich eastern part of UKR. We are still in the very early stages of this despite the "won" narratives swirling around in your little head.
    What will be talked about in 50 years in college classrooms will be how the US overplayed their hands by unnecessarily weaponizing the dollar on a sanctions binge to hobble Russia (which didn't work) This seminal moment forced state actors to consider something besides the USD to hedge their bets incase their country winds up in the US crosshairs next. Being the world's reserve currency is a great place to be as a hedge against inflation. Every reserve currency failed before the USD, the USD will fall out of favor at some point too. Just hopefully not in our lifetimes, or due to US boneheaded foreign policy decisions.
    I just settle google calendar reminder; lets circle back on the glass-half-empty predictions in a few months. My sense is that the US and NATO are watching the last and final flex for Empire from the Russian/Soviet/Russian beast and are willing to both protect their populations and interests by funding+backing+supplying UKR to force the dog back into its cage. But again, let's circle back come Sept.

@ Percy, you are quite literally making the same excuses as the Russians. A person that routinely adopts arguments taken from Russian authorities & bloggers is ipso facto not credible.

Percy has never been credible.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Percy has never been credible.
    And you, or the rest of us are?

Get off your high horse dude.

In this country, everyone’s opinion matters.

That is not factually correct. The lunatic ranting about chemtrails and 5G vaccine implants?
    He actually doesn’t fucking matter. In the real world..
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Pussy whiteout is pushing sy hersh’s discredited bullshit, if that matters to you, get fucked. After 15+ months of war and as many months of Russian genocidal shitgibbons spewing about red lines and escalation if you can’t figure out they aren’t telling you the truth, also get fucked

us horseshoe politics are so fucking weird

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Pussy whiteout is pushing sy hersh’s discredited bullshit, if that matters to you, get fucked. After 15+ months of war and as many months of Russian genocidal shitgibbons spewing about red lines and escalation if you can’t figure out they aren’t telling you the truth, also get fucked

us horseshoe politics are so fucking weird
    politics may be a spectrum but stupidity is a singularity

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

At this point their stupidity is beyond parody. Case in point, here's “I just drove through the streets” Russia-appointed Kherson oblast governor Saldo, speaking right in front of the flooded streets of Novaya Kakhovka:saying "Everything is fine in Novaya Kakhovka, people go about their daily business like any day" :

https://twitter.com/tarjimlo/status/1666117817454977029

Ukraine, and to a lesser extent us Americans, are lucky that collectively they're so fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Meconium View Post
    Putin will be in a coffin with some fancy blankets mid 2023 at the latest. NATO will probably flounder a bit more then now and then get more on board as a whole after the US does what it will do to resurrect recent failures. Taiwan will probably benefit the most.
    Many will be sacrificed.
    Accountability, about 3 weeks left. What did you believe and do you still believe in yourself? I do but I'm always late

Watching assorted dam videos today, the dam is deteriorating. In the earliest videos, water pours mostly through the center portion of the dam, and some also flows through the powerhouse and related buildings. In the later videos, the buildings are nearly gone, and left side (river left) of the dam is also breached, all the way to the shipping locks.

In this country, everyone’s opinion matters.
    Maybe in this country, on this site someone who has been banned multiple times has lost their credibility. At least that is my opinion.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

For NW mags the volume of water held by the Ukraine dam is 14 million acre feet. Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia is 9.5 million acre feet!

YOU, are smarter than this but yea just parrot away the MSM sanctioned story that we already know....that has :check notes: changed 3 times now. This should be the top story of 2023, but barely anybody reports on it.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant for bullshit, and for some reason the collective West doesn't want a UN international investigation. "They did their own investigations (The US and the Danish), closed the investigations, and came to the same conclusions."

Well, those "conclusions" have been Russia did it, then the blame fell on Ukranian sympathizers, then the blame falls on the Ukranian government. That's 3 decidedly different conclusions, but "you are smarter than this."

What investigations are you referring to?
    You seem to track this closer than I. I'll take your word that two credible investigations have concluded the Russians did it. Yet you prefer rumors and speculation to expert reports.

Here's today's White House on the topic:
    MR. KIRBY: So, I’m certainly not going to engage in a discussion about the intelligence matters here from the podium, specifically with regard to that disclosure or any of the other. And in this case, certainly not going to speak to one that the Washington Post even said was not corroborated by U.S. intelligence agencies.

Now, I think you know there are three countries conducting an investigation of the Nord Stream sabotage — and we called it sabotage at the moment — Germany, Sweden and Denmark. Those investigations are ongoing. And, again, the last thing that we’re going to want to do from this podium is get ahead of those investigations.
    Reading between the lines, Mr Kirby says your speculation is bullshit. Three piles of bullshit, or however many you have, does not make a credible report, much less two.

Me, I say the UAPs or whatever we call space aliens did it. Modern Zeus sent his lightning bolt to fuck with the humans. Seymour tells me it's well documented that Zeus does this. Happy? I can bullshit too. 4 piles now. Still shit.

My opinion is this is all a sideshow to detract and distract. Russia is a terrorist state. They know it. We know it. They are trying to delay the official declaration with flimflam and sideshows (you've fallen for one). Putin declared genocide, and invaded his neighbor to brutally carry it out. He's also trying nuclear blackmail. Fuck that guy. It's past time to take out the trash.

latvia know the score.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    @ Percy, you are quite literally making the same excuses as the Russians. A person that routinely adopts arguments taken from Russian authorities & bloggers is ipso facto not credible.
    You subscribe to Russian news outlets, authorities, and bloggers? How would you know if they are credible or not without getting it directly from the source, and also having security clearance to parse truth? You can read Russian? You work for the DOD?

Might be the time to look within after a revealing comment like this that exposes your ignorance (again). You have also been fully propagandized without having the intellect to realize what's going on.

What you are actually reading without having the IQ to realize it: An American corporate news conglomerate distilled down a Russian news/blogger report, and gave you THEIR western aligned editorial take on the situation and report (and making sure to heed the wishes of their corporate sponsors/US gov't intel assets). See how facts can get muddled when you are playing a big kids game of "telephone" and have to toe a fine line between the two competing entities that both bankroll the whole operation and give you inside information to report "truth"?

The US ranked dead last among 40 countries in "Trust in the Media" in 2022. This is who you get your news from?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ng-trust-news/

"The United States and Slovakia were placed among the lowest in the world when it came to how much consumers trusted the news media, alongside Hungary, Taiwan and Greece. Media sources in some of these countries can be considered to be insufficiently independent from the establishment."

Go ahead, dig a deeper hole. We all know you can't help yourself.

....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230607_104950_Instagram.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	461206

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Persy is quickly approaching Rod levels of Russian apologist but with more verbose diatribes as he attempt to justify his misguided stance.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Percy - Are you saying you're parsing data at a US three letter agency level and, at the same time, defending Russia?

Vlad says thank you for your service.

Shh. According to Percy, Percy is the truth and the only who can see the truth. What a sad sack.

His friend Hannity said on Twistedyesterday. "We all know for certain that Nordstream was a UKE special op.

OK Loser.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I can't figure out why you blokes continue to engage with Percy. He's a fuckin' moran and there's no value engaging his inanity.

Meanwhile in Russia:

Stage 1: Russians 24/7 we must destroy Ukraine every day

Russia must destroy Ukraine's dams and bridges. It doesn't matter how awful it looks, since the West already considers Russians a horde of barbarians - Alexey Anpilogov

Stage 2: Gleefully gloating about blowing up the dam

"What kind of Leopards will they ride over this puddle?” - Olga Skabeeva

“Now it’s impossible for them to get across. How are they going to cross, on 3 boats? What would they do, where would they get to? It’s totally impossible for heavy armor to come through” - Grinning & Giggling Alexei Zhuravlyov

Stage 3: Russian denials

It's not us, it's Ukrainians - Also Alexey Anpilogov

Exactly the same playbook as with MH17. First they bragged about downing a Ukrainian military plane but when the wreckage started falling from the sky, they immediately denied shooting down an airplane.

Source for quotes: https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews

and why do you guys call Asspen “Percy”?

Or ron johnson?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    and why do you guys call Asspen “Percy”?
    Cuz he gets upset when you use his irl name that he posted himself here

Ukraine

oh now we will hear for the hundredth time about some mag legitimately getting the boot for breaking the rules cause it was a super special moment that’s never happened before in TGR history