Page 347 of 662 FirstFirst ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Your ancestors in the RAF displayed bravery and courage when they stood up against a brutal dictator.

They would be ashamed at what a sniveling coward you are under the same circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Weird how I was actually born in the lap of first hand accounts of a nation under siege and yet I seem to have listened to everything it taught me.

Are you gents still arguing with those morans cono and rod? You should quit that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Weird how I was actually born in the lap of first hand accounts of a nation under siege and yet I seem to have listened to everything it taught me.

Man, based on what you’ve written in this thread alone, you have taken so many wrong lessons from them. At least when it comes to the conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Your ancestors in the RAF displayed bravery and courage when they stood up against a brutal dictator.

They would be ashamed at what a sniveling coward you are under the same circumstances.

Ukraine

https://youtu.be/CzbsPOaCrLw

Listen to Michael Vickers

39:30 - 43:30

“It’s a policy choice not to supply them”

“We’re funding the Russian war machine to the tune of a billion a day”

“The war shifted a few months ago, and we just started providing them with HiMRS”

“It’s something we could address but we’ve chosen not to”

“If you don’t want the Ukranians to win be clear about it”

“If they are going to prevail in this conflict….and then if you want the Ukranians to retake this territory…they are going need tanks and infantry fighting vehicles”

Basically the legendary Michael Vickers thinks the Joe Biden administration doesn’t want the Ukraine to win, or at least is “watering down” what they previously have said.

Last edited by Cono Este; 07-19-2022 at 12:10 PM.

"There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare." Sun-Tzu

Define "prolonged"
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

The best way to shorten the war is through a prudent and realistic plan:
    1. Abandon unnecessary constraints on quantities & types of arms NATO countries send to Ukraine
    2. Further tighten sanctions on Russia

Sending more HIMARS along with ATACMS (no Russian depots in Ukraine are out of range) would ensure the Russian army marches out on foot, leaving most of their war material behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    "There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare." Sun-Tzu
    Thanks, I don’t follow him on Twitter so I missed that one. Hope Pootin saw it though.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Thanks, I don’t follow him on Twitter so I missed that one. Hope Pootin saw it though.
    Mencius is a way better follow, agreed

Cono forgot to quote this part "this is a war where right and wrong are extraordinarily clear"

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Man, based on what you’ve written in this thread alone, you have taken so many wrong lessons from them. At least when it comes to the conclusions.
    Please stop quoting those brain dead shitstains.. Thanks
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

https://youtu.be/CzbsPOaCrLw

Listen to Michael Vickers

39:30 - 43:30

“It’s a policy choice not to supply them”

“We’re funding the Russian war machine to the tune of a billion a day”

“The war shifted a few months ago, and we just started providing them with HiMRS”

“It’s something we could address but we’ve chosen not to”

“If you don’t want the Ukranians to win be clear about it”

“If they are going to prevail in this conflict….and then if you want the Ukranians to retake this territory…they are going need tanks and infantry fighting vehicles”

Basically the legendary Michael Vickers thinks the Joe Biden administration doesn’t want the Ukraine to win, or at least is “watering down” what they previously have said.

Maybe you can read that between the lines. I'd say that Biden has the problem that if he states and pursues a clear policy goal, half of government will oppose it and it won't happen. Maybe internal politics limits the best we can do for Ukraine is offer lukewarm support.

All three of the CSIS speakers were very clear that Russia is fighting a wrongful war, that Russia must be reduced to less than a great power, and Russia needs a different government for lasting peace.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Maybe you can read that between the lines. I'd say that Biden has the problem that if he states and pursues a clear policy goal, half of government will oppose it and it won't happen. Maybe internal politics limits the best we can do for Ukraine is offer lukewarm support.

All three of the CSIS speakers were very clear that Russia is fighting a wrongful war, that Russia must be reduced to less than a great power, and Russia needs a different government for lasting peace.
    Maybe Michael Vickers thinks the way to get Ukraine more support is to give the opposition an opening to try to be more supportive. So they don't have to try for less.

Weird how I was actually born in the lap of first hand accounts of a nation under siege and yet I now sell nickle & dime insurance policies door-to-door in the projects

Man I knew you had a basis for your authority somewhere, and by golly there it is.

Another day, more Russian late model aircraft (su-34m), drones, EW, and radar destroyed the kind someone said wasn’t committed because Russia was “holding back”. No they weren’t. They are losers who’ve gone all in and can be destroyed

I heard a rumor another one was just shot down, I’m looking for more info.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Another day, more Russian late model aircraft (su-34m), drones, EW, and radar destroyed the kind someone said wasn’t committed because Russia was “holding back”. No they weren’t. They are losers who’ve gone all in and can be destroyed
    It's not that they weren't holding back, it's just that we're seeing why. Turns out it really is better to hold back your best stuff and be thought a paper tiger than to send it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I heard a rumor another one was just shot down, I’m looking for more info.
    https://twitter.com/OriginalRamayan/...CkRULpc29yvODg

It’s like Putin is letting the west blow up all his old military equipment so that he can build all new modern military equipment.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidha...onfusing-them/

Looks like they may have shot their own down again, or Ukraine did.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    It’s like Putin is letting the west blow up all his old military equipment so that he can build all new modern military equipment.
    Putin has lost a huge amount of shiny new toys and is now having to dust off old stuff.

He can't build new shit without the advanced components he can no longer acquire or manufacturer due to sanctions. He cannot pay for it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    He can't build new shit without the advanced components he can no longer acquire or manufacturer due to sanctions. He cannot pay for it either.
    The “West” has spent the last 30ish years essentially training the Chinese to make all sorts of advanced components. Putin will just buy from them.

I saw video of that su 35 going down last night but wasn't sure it was a new hit or just a redefining of the su 34 from the night before.

They don't have an answer for the MLRS systems. Heads are rolling.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidha...onfusing-them/

Looks like they may have shot their own down again, or Ukraine did.
    Same one mentioned yesterday, so we're still at 2 lately.

Interesting theory on the Russians unintentionally helping create a no-fly zone, though. It would be very interesting if Ukraine could do this on purpose--use Russian planes in the air to ensure their rockets land as intended while the Russian air defenses shoot their own planes. Just need a little advance warning and a set of pre-selected targets?