Page 353 of 658 FirstFirst ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 16435

Thread: Ukraine

This is heartbreaking

https://youtu.be/F36rxBnVh1w

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Sexagenarian Valentyn Didkovskiy, a veteran of the Afghan War, single-handedly took out a Russian column armed only with an RPG-18 & 4 grenades scavenged from a Russian armored personal carrier:

Get off my lawn! blyat!

The feed I watch was not optimistic about the short term gains. seems the Russians are focusing on the south and got control of a major road

The Ukrainian army doesn’t have the equipment to take it to them at this time. Ovatures about the west dolling out weapons to just keep it going are coming up again.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    The feed I watch was not optimistic about the short term gains. seems the Russians are focusing on the south and got control of a major road

The Ukrainian army doesn’t have the equipment to take it to them at this time. Ovatures about the west dolling out weapons to just keep it going are coming up again.
    Still getting your news out of Pootin's minions, huh? Tucker, or direct from Russia 1?

Sure seems like there is a tick list of targets to be hit with stand-off weapons before risking too much with a counter-offensive (already ran out of ammo dumps and they're up to trains now), regardless of how much equipment Ukraine has. Or, put another way, when something is working it is often a good idea to keep doing that.

If Russian targets manage to get further from the front lines (either by advancing to the rear or because the closer ones all go boom) then it might be time for longer range rockets. This option exists with minimal logistical difficulty.

But faster would be better, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Still getting your news out of Pootin's minions, huh? Tucker, or direct from Russia 1?

Sure seems like there is a tick list of targets to be hit with stand-off weapons before risking too much with a counter-offensive (already ran out of ammo dumps and they're up to trains now), regardless of how much equipment Ukraine has. Or, put another way, when something is working it is often a good idea to keep doing that.

If Russian targets manage to get further from the front lines (either by advancing to the rear or because the closer ones all go boom) then it might be time for longer range rockets. This option exists with minimal logistical difficulty.

But faster would be better, sure.
    You had to get that little political dig in there. Or is this the new TGR way of saying hello?
    I got my most recent take from this guy
    https://youtu.be/PxxVXDRFAfg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Not political. Politics end at the water's edge. Propaganda is a weapon of war.

You had to get that little political dig in there. Or is this the new TGR way of saying hello?
    I got my most recent take from this guy
    https://youtu.be/PxxVXDRFAfg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^^That right there is some really strong work proving Jono’s point

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Propaganda is a weapon of war.
    I want everyone to remember this. It's going to be on the final exam.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I want everyone to remember this. It's going to be on the final exam.
    Do we have to learn all of social media as well?

That's not fair the other course only had to learn vague ambiguous sun tzu quotes from a republican foreign strategy leaflet.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

As long as Russia can produce oil and vodka, they should be able to survive.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/n...184717340.html

Sanctions aren’t designed to cause an immediate financial crisis or economic collapse, but are long-term tools to weaken a nation’s economy while isolating it from global markets, the report said. And the sanctions are doing exactly that for Russia.

The country is losing its richest and most educated citizens as its economy crumbles. Most estimates say that at least 500,000 Russians have fled the country since Feb. 24, with the “vast majority being highly educated and highly skilled workers in competitive industries such as technology,” the report said. Many wealthy Russians who flee are taking their money with them. One estimate is that 20% of Russia’s ultra-high-net-worth individuals have left this year. In the first quarter of 2022, official capital outflows stood at $70 billion, according to Bank of Russia estimates—but this figure is likely to be a “gross underestimate” of the actual amount of money that has left the country, the Yale team wrote.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

I just watched this. I found it interesting.

Own your fail. ~Jer~

I just watched this. I found it interesting.
    The former U.S. marine in the video does a good job summarizing the situation. It shouldn't shock anyone to learn some of the weapons supplied to Ukraine will disappear into the black market. It's one of the realities of war. During WWII, for example, somewhere between 25%-and-40% of all American supplies supplied to Americans found their way onto the black market.

It mainly becomes a problem if Ukraine loses the war. From that perspective Amnesty International in the video, and in other ways, is carrying water for the Russian war effort. In the past they sided with Russia against Russian dissident Navalny and today they accused Ukraine of endangering civilians by resisting Russian offensives.

Just as the Russian army kills Ukrainian civilians and puts them at risk, the unprovoked Russian invasion is the reason why so many weapons are getting sent to Ukraine. For some reason Amnesty International keeps trying to create false reality where both sides are to blame. Even worse they legitimize Russian attacks on civilians and place the responsibility on Ukraine.

The former U.S. marine in the video does a good job summarizing the situation. It shouldn't shock anyone to learn some of the weapons supplied to Ukraine will disappear into the black market. It's one of the realities of war. During WWII, for example, somewhere between 25%-and-40% of all American supplies supplied to Americans found their way onto the black market.

It mainly becomes a problem if Ukraine loses the war. From that perspective Amnesty International in the video, and in other ways, is carrying water for the Russian war effort. In the past they sided with Russia against Russian dissident Navalny and today they accused Ukraine of endangering civilians by resisting Russian offensives.

Just as the Russian army kills Ukrainian civilians and puts them at risk, the unprovoked Russian invasion is the reason why so many weapons are getting sent to Ukraine. For some reason Amnesty International keeps trying to create false reality where both sides are to blame. Even worse they legitimize Russian attacks on civilians and place the responsibility on Ukraine.
    It would make a nice stop resisting meme in the cops behaving badly thread

It just interesting that Ukrainian fighters on the front lines are not getting all their need’s met through a well organized government logistics machine. Just people from all corners of life. Doing what they can. It’s going to mean everything when it gets cold again. But you get the picture. This is some world changing serious shit.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Ukraine

“Ukrainian forces have put civilians in harm’s way by establishing bases and operating weapons systems in populated residential areas, including in schools and hospitals, as they repelled the Russian invasion that began in February, Amnesty International said today. “

Have I lived long enough to hear everyone call bullshit on this organization?

Where is PNW Brit?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

From that perspective Amnesty International in the video, and in other ways, is carrying water for the Russian war effort. In the past they sided with Russia against Russian dissident Navalny
    Can you link to a source that substantiates that claim?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post
    IDK how much clearer Amnesty Intl can be in blaming Russia for this clusterfuck tragedy...

https://twitter.com/amnesty/status/1...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

"Since Russia began its war against Ukraine we have been exposing violations of human rights & intl humanitarian law. From the devastation of Izium to the siege of Mariupol, shelling in Kyiv to displaced people in Lviv, Russia’s war is an act of aggression."

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    IDK how much clearer Amnesty Intl can be in blaming Russia for this clusterfuck tragedy...

https://twitter.com/amnesty/status/1...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

"Since Russia began its war against Ukraine we have been exposing violations of human rights & intl humanitarian law. From the devastation of Izium to the siege of Mariupol, shelling in Kyiv to displaced people in Lviv, Russia’s war is an act of aggression."
    Well, sure, but, that doesn't answer my question.

Besides, anybody's war "is an act of aggression", right?

Amnesty International apologized to Alexei Navalny after its decision on his 'prisoner of conscience' status was used to used to "further violate Navalny's rights" in Russia.

Amnesty International's report on Ukraine has the obvious problem of saying "valid military targets" exist for the Russian military based on pretexts like *there were men in uniforms two blocks down the road from this shopping mall which Russia *accidentally* hit with cruise missiles.

Here's a longer point-by-point explanation

What's your question? Are you trying to create a false reality where both sides are to blame? Or even worse legitimizing Russian attacks on civilians by placing the responsibility on Ukraine?

I listened to an interview with the report writer.

The Amnesty position is basically "Russia is the aggressor but Ukraine is not righteous unless they 100% follow the rules to the letter, which they aren't."

Spirit be damned, the message muddies as Amnesty is pushing a very much idealist view while missing the real forest for the trees.

War is messy. Amnesty wants it clean. Someone must hold others to the rules, but if you get ridiculous in an attempt to be "pure and impartial," nobody will listen to you when you have serious claims to make.

My simple response to Amnesty is that the Ukrainians are not hiding amongst civilians because they know that proximity to civilians is no deterrent to attack as Russia doesn't give two fucks who else dies when their bombs fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Amnesty International apologized to Alexei Navalny after its decision on his 'prisoner of conscience' status was used to used to "further violate Navalny's rights" in Russia.

Amnesty International's report on Ukraine has the obvious problem of saying "valid military targets" exist for the Russian military based on pretexts like *there were men in uniforms two blocks down the road from this shopping mall which Russia *accidentally* hit with cruise missiles.

Here's a longer point-by-point explanation

What's your question? Are you trying to create a false reality where both sides are to blame? Or even worse legitimizing Russian attacks on civilians by placing the responsibility on Ukraine?

Oh, ok. That link doesn't exactly validate your statement that " In the past they sided with Russia against Russian dissident Navalny". Seems to a matter of semantics.

Semantics? Amnesty explicitly revoked Navalny's 'prisoner of conscience' status in response to the Kremlin's efforts to smear its opponents and were subsequently forced to admit they made the wrong call after an international outcry. This all happened around the same time Navalny survived an attempted assassination by nerve-agent poisoning.

One of the Generals at the Nuremberg Trials wrote. "When I looked at the German General we were trying for war crimes I thought, if he had won, I would be in his seat."

The US response to Pearl Harbor was and act of aggression. But was it wrong? War is covered by that famous quote from 45 "It is what it is."
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Ukraine

I suggest the mods destroy the evidence by deleting the first 100 pages of this thread.

PNW could lose job.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums