Page 268 of 664 FirstFirst ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,700 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

It would take months to train pilots for the F-16 but even longer to upgrade Ukrainian MIGS with more advanced electronics and missiles. “We need the platform for advanced missiles,” an Interview With a Ukrainian MiG-29 Pilot:

The story of the Ukrainian air force, once fully told, will undoubtedly influence the thinking of air power theorists and combat aviators for generations to come. Above all, in this age of advancing technologies, Ukraine’s fighter pilots have clearly demonstrated the enduring importance of the human element in aerial warfare.

“The main problem is equipment,” Juice said. “We are absolutely on different pages of technologies, between the modern Russian air force and Russian air defenses and our stuff.”

One key disadvantage the Ukrainians face is their air-to-air missiles, which rely on semi-active radar targeting. That means that Ukrainian missiles, once launched from a jet, rely on the pilots keeping their aircraft’s onboard radars pointed at the Russian opponents until the “moment of explosion,” Juice said. The Russians, on the other hand, have their own active-radar missiles, allowing them to hone in on an enemy with no help from the jet that fired them. That means the pilot can turn away or turn off his own radar after firing his missile, a so-called “fire and forget” technology. “Unfortunately, we don’t have something like that,” Juice said.

“We need the platform for advanced missiles,” he added, pressing for the US to deliver fighters, such as the multirole F-16, which is capable of both air-to-air and air-to-ground missions.

https://coffeeordie.com/ukrainian-mi...lot-interview/

^^ that was one of the articles I was thinking of where he went to California to train with the USAF.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

These 2 are lucky not to be on the 21,000 and counting list; and they know it. Fuck Putin.

Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Looks like Putin has decided not to attack Azov Steelworks in Mariupol after all, despite repeated demands to surrender.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...source=twitter

Likely because someone with a brain explained that invading the underground tunnel system there would be like forcing the Viet Cong out of theirs.

Same will happen in Odesa if the orcs invade there

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    These 2 are lucky not to be on the 21,000 and counting list; and they know it. Fuck Putin.

These guys were straight up cannon fodder. The Russian plan seems to be nothing more than send a bunch of troops into the country and Ukrainians will just welcome them with open arms. No need for any actual combat plans.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    This is sobering to watch.

Unbelievable how brave these Ukrainian Marines are.

This is their Commanding Officer.

In the future history of Ukraine, this will be viewed the way Texans view the Alamo.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I’m not doubting anything about the situation in Ukraine, I’m no Benny, but that guy is really clean looking for someone in a combat zone. Filthy is the word that best describes the condition troops on the ground on or near a battlefield.

Just want to give a shout out to all the people keeping this thread on track with real data, articles and educated opinions.

Another intercepted call, and not an unusual topic of conversation, between Russian soldiers:

Name:  ntercepted call but obviously two Russian soldiers.png
Views: 355
Size:  102.7 KB

Not clear how the sanctions are hurting Russia, at least the money flowing in.

But they are sure hurting consumers in us and Europe with high gas prices.

Graph shows Russia's current account. ( Roughly, money flowing in vs out.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	russia current account_0.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	413861

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Sanction are disrupting supply chains and impacting the military-industrial complex. Sanctions are also causing strong market volatility. So sanctions are working but export controls more so than sanctions are having the bigger impact as imports dry up.

As a result Russia is experiencing mid-20% something inflation rates in spite of the central bank's 17% key lending rate. In addition, the Russian government is spending trillions of rubles on stimulus which will cause even more currency problems down the road.

It matters because according to the Moscow Times "The people in the red brick towers (the Kremlin) are terrified of popular uprising, and everything they do always factors in broad public support, albeit through lies and coercion.

Putin’s miscalculated, bloody blunder is still in an early stage. Nationwide food supplies will run out by May-June — not coincidentally when the Kremlin hopes to score a victory.

And then what? Even if there is a ceasefire — declare victory and go home — that would only be the beginning of troubles in Russia. As Lego vanishes, IKEA shows no sign of returning, and school exams are canceled for want of A4 paper…no, it won’t foment revolution. Yet. But once the war hysteria subsides, Putin’s approval ratings heading to Lukashenko-level lows.

That’s still ways off from a new president, much less a democracy, to say nothing of at least the beginning the atonement for what was—is still being—done in Ukraine. But the path back to IKEA leads through political action and a clear conscience, and the lure of Skubb and Kleppstad is strong."

Such a shame.
    I bet we see more of this.
    https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/04/21/7341119/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

But they are sure hurting consumers in us and Europe with high gas prices.

Reminded me of the 1st grade when I didn't get how 1 minus 1 was zero. Sanctions are like strangling somebody and to keep tightening until they change their behavior or their heart stops. Capeesh?

And "Hurting Consumers was called "Supporting Democracy and the War Effort" at one time.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Looks like Putin has decided not to attack Azov Steelworks in Mariupol after all, despite repeated demands to surrender.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...source=twitter

Likely because someone with a brain explained that invading the underground tunnel system there would be like forcing the Viet Cong out of theirs.

Same will happen in Odesa if the orcs invade there
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m not doubting anything about the situation in Ukraine, I’m no Benny, but that guy is really clean looking for someone in a combat zone. Filthy is the word that best describes the condition troops on the ground on or near a battlefield.

I've read in a few places that the Ukrainian army learned from the months long siege at the donestk airport and that plant was prepared with equipment and supplies because it was clearly going to be important.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    It would take months to train pilots for the F-16 but even longer to upgrade Ukrainian MIGS with more advanced electronics and missiles. “We need the platform for advanced missiles,” an Interview With a Ukrainian MiG-29 Pilot:

The story of the Ukrainian air force, once fully told, will undoubtedly influence the thinking of air power theorists and combat aviators for generations to come. Above all, in this age of advancing technologies, Ukraine’s fighter pilots have clearly demonstrated the enduring importance of the human element in aerial warfare.

“The main problem is equipment,” Juice said. “We are absolutely on different pages of technologies, between the modern Russian air force and Russian air defenses and our stuff.”

One key disadvantage the Ukrainians face is their air-to-air missiles, which rely on semi-active radar targeting. That means that Ukrainian missiles, once launched from a jet, rely on the pilots keeping their aircraft’s onboard radars pointed at the Russian opponents until the “moment of explosion,” Juice said. The Russians, on the other hand, have their own active-radar missiles, allowing them to hone in on an enemy with no help from the jet that fired them. That means the pilot can turn away or turn off his own radar after firing his missile, a so-called “fire and forget” technology. “Unfortunately, we don’t have something like that,” Juice said.

“We need the platform for advanced missiles,” he added, pressing for the US to deliver fighters, such as the multirole F-16, which is capable of both air-to-air and air-to-ground missions.

https://coffeeordie.com/ukrainian-mi...lot-interview/
    "too close for missiles, switching to guns"
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Freedom isn't free?

No, there's a hefty fkn fee.

US supplying custom tailored kamikaze drones to Ukraine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AE0AAA9A-56AB-4181-A70D-59028B08536C.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	528.5 KB 
ID:	413873

No details on what changes have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post

Are these guys POW’s? If so, I thought there were restrictions on what captors are allowed to ask? And I guess you’d have to consider whether answers are truthful, or given under duress.

(I’m not able to watch the videos right now, so apologies if doing so would have answered all my questions)

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Are these guys POW’s? If so, I thought there were restrictions on what captors are allowed to ask? And I guess you’d have to consider whether answers are truthful, or given under duress.

(I’m not able to watch the videos right now, so apologies if doing so would have answered all my questions)
    The guy doing the interviewing claims to be a "journalist". And there are parts where you can tell this isn't the first time they've gone over the stories.
    My $.05 says a lot of the combat story parts are (mostly) true but that they have been told they need to denounce the Russian war effort as part of whatever deal they have worked out..
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I feel bad for those kids. Cannon fodder. Sad.
    Listening to the radio, npr. It seems like the narrative around the sanctions is changing, i think due to Americans being grumpy about gas prices and inflation. Gas prices starting to hurt a little bit? Yeah. Suck it up and drive less. Use the smaller car to take the kids to soccer. Suck it up. Guess what, food prices are going up due to this as well. Don't buy that cambozola cheese. Eat a hamburger one night instead of steak. Eat out less. Suck it up. Don't buy something you don't really need. Suck it up. Turn your heat off now. It's not that cold right now anyway. Suck it up. This is important, and our small pain is nothing compared to the suffering of the Ukrainian people, and nothing compared to what happens globally if Putin prevails. Suck it up. Freedom ain't free.
    Fuck Putin and fuck Russian apologists.
    sigless.

Russian chemical plant is on fire today as is a Russian surface to air missile plant.

https://twitter.com/igorsushko/statu...LSM-VnIPA&s=19

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...plant-26767453

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Interesting I was wondering when Ukraine would take the fight to them

The TV is saying the Ukrainians are driving them out of areas previously held in the south east
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Ukrainian special operations teams working deep inside Russia ? If so, I love it.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I feel bad for those kids. Cannon fodder. Sad.
    Listening to the radio, npr. It seems like the narrative around the sanctions is changing, i think due to Americans being grumpy about gas prices and inflation. Gas prices starting to hurt a little bit? Yeah. Suck it up and drive less. Use the smaller car to take the kids to soccer. Suck it up. Guess what, food prices are going up due to this as well. Don't buy that cambozola cheese. Eat a hamburger one night instead of steak. Eat out less. Suck it up. Don't buy something you don't really need. Suck it up. Turn your heat off now. It's not that cold right now anyway. Suck it up. This is important, and our small pain is nothing compared to the suffering of the Ukrainian people, and nothing compared to what happens globally if Putin prevails. Suck it up. Freedom ain't free.
    Fuck Putin and fuck Russian apologists.
    The times has an article on the missing sailors of the moskva. they have a pic of some 18 year old conscript fry cook that would call his parents and ask about his house plants every day. the govt supposedly doesn’t have the decency to say he’s even gone. fuck russia.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

There is still a risk if start really kicking Russian ass Putin could start fire nukes
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    There is still a risk if start really kicking Russian ass Putin could start fire nukes
    Yes, there is a risk if Vlad were to be outed as Gay (NTTAWWT) that he will start firing nukes. Or if his eggs aren't cooked just right or his toast is burnt.

Fuck Putin.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"