Page 549 of 664 FirstFirst ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,725 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I can't figure out why you blokes continue to engage with Percy. He's a fuckin' moran and there's no value engaging his inanity.
    You're not wrong, but that diatribe really was a singular treatise. Long and verbose, hypocritical and self-owning with a clarity and confidence that is truly rare now that Pio's just judging without comment.

If he sent it to @DarthPutinKGB I bet he could get it included as an addendum in the next print of "How to Tankie." And all without even a hint of irony or self-awareness.

Sometimes you just have to admire art.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Huh. I hadn't really thought of it that way.

Sounds like the Ukrainians are giving them hell tonight. Pop pop, bang bang

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    You're not wrong, but that diatribe really was a singular treatise. Long and verbose, hypocritical and self-owning with a clarity and confidence that is truly rare now that Pio's just judging without comment.

If he sent it to @DarthPutinKGB I bet he could get it included as an addendum in the next print of "How to Tankie." And all without even a hint of irony or self-awareness.

Sometimes you just have to admire art.
    Ars gratia artis! It's beautiful in its own way.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Russia shelling civilian evacuation area:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF0E5C39-082D-4F5B-913D-400AC8CD271F.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	366.5 KB 
ID:	461271

https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status/...sR_NcRK2VkCfkg

This has some pics of the dam construction and design if anyone finds that interesting.https://twitter.com/noclador/status/...015970304?s=20
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

There's some pretty rough videos of Ukrainian rescuing pets. If you're a pet lover, it's tough to watch. Fricking Russians need to be bombed back to the stone age.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Name:  shep.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  Image1686314133.286325.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  168.5 KB
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

UKR says they intercepted call, soldiers claiming Russia tried to damage the dam, but ended up destroying it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D0CF1B4E-6743-4E55-AA70-216DFEB7A44A.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	402.3 KB 
ID:	461350

https://twitter.com/jimmysecuk/statu...sR_NcRK2VkCfkg

(video w/ English subtitles if you scroll down.)

Russia may well leave eventually, but they will have destroyed everything. Fucking ORCs. I bet dollars to donuts the Russians fuck up the nuclear power complex too. They don't give a fuck about any prevailing winds. Assholes. How can the power plant be secured from the Russians?

Yes

Now it's a matter of who has the best resupply of men, material and bombs.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    UKR says they intercepted call, soldiers claiming Russia tried to damage the dam, but ended up destroying it:
    This makes the most sense to me. Dum orcs used too much explosives blowing up the bridge. And they filled the reservoir to maximum to send more water down the canal to Crimea. Oops

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    And the moves keep coming.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Now it's a matter of who has the best resupply of men, material and bombs.
    From another website ( I know the author- former ultrarunner working at JPL):

For being only twelve days in, I would assess that it's [the Ukrainian counter-offensive] going rather well, based on the following: We still have only seen about a third of Ukrainian assault strength. The initial Russian stands only faced probes. Today came the first indication of Ukraine committing reserves, and it was toward Avdiivka, not along any of the so-far primary axes of advance. On the Russian side, in contrast, reserves are on the line -- the first line. We see PMCs trying to hold Lobkove and four-time reconstituted VDV in Bakhmut.

Based on the buildup and current rate of artillery expenditure, I estimate that Ukraine prepared for 60 days of offensive action. We are 1/5 through that period. We would expect losses to be highest during the opening stages of battle, perhaps 10% of strength being acceptable -- and they just aren't in evidence. Hence, this is ahead of expectations. Having said that, I do not yet see assurance that the offensive will reach the Sea of Azov or even Melitopol. Unless the Russian defense cracks, it may culminate with Tokmak, but Tokmak is enough, strategically. It also remains to be seen if a second major front will develop, Kharkiv-style, or shenanigans like Belgorod resume.

Been reading and watching a bunch of similar reports / analyses / opinions over the past week.

So I guess I now wonder if Russia can sustain her defense for the next couple of months- maybe finally committing the VKS or going to immediate general mobilization. The later could stabilize Russian lines before Ukraine culminates her offensive. They tried something similar in Kherson last fall, and preserved significant combat power, but in exchange for territory. In that campaign, it was steady Ukrainian pressure along most of the front that led to Russian collapse, not a major breakthrough with deep operations.

I'm also very curious as to whether or not Putin somehoo figures out a way to weather this and remain viable into 2024.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Something they don't teach you in 12 grade science class.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1667966844601286661

Improvised one-man-mortar with a direct fire option.

War has always been the mother of invention. -A. J. P. Taylor (a brit commie historian)

Trench warfare with modern stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Speaking of mothers

https://www.economist.com/obituary/2...m TheEconomist

The motherfuckers mother called him “Vova”. Quite the story, with “accidental” deaths, visits from the KGB and more. Seems Putin was a foster child, born to a dirt poor Georgian, and given up in foster care.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Why wouldn’t they just have dropped a bomb, or some grenades, or big mortars into the rat’s nest? Happened to quick for other methods?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

My guess. That unit was using what they had at that particular time and place to eliminate that enemy group on a seek and destroy mission. Tactics were interesting to me. Overwhelm with firepower and grenades to disorientate. Shoot what moves as they move in. Where armies meet there is a lot of men killing men stuff going on between the drones and the rockets. Sad.

“Wait for the Heavy Brigades”

https://cepa.org/article/think-ukrai...eavy-brigades/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums