Page 270 of 662 FirstFirst ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... LastLast
Results 6,726 to 6,750 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Listening to an interview with the wife of a Russian journalist who has been thrown in jail. Saying people really don’t like this. And Russia is going to revolt over this. Sayin it’s close Russia will be free. She is convincing

There are crux points in history, times when things can happen that couldn't happen in other times. I think we are living though one. The world that comes out of all this might be a different (and better, I think) place than the world we've been living in.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    There are crux points in history, times when things can happen that couldn't happen in other times. I think we are living though one. The world that comes out of all this might be a different (and better, I think) place than the world we've been living in.
    Republicans go back to being reasonably unreasonable instead of bat shit crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    When you think about it. It has to go the right way. It just has to!

I’m hoping I wake up one day and the tv says the fab shot that fucker in the head. And Russia is collectively sorry. While they party in the streets. And then we look around at the shit going down all around the world. And do something about it.
    The whole thing is really fucking up my buzz.

To your point. Yes this is a point in history that will change everything

We need to go all in. Now. It’s the time
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

It’s a toss up between Velvet Revolution, Balkan Sour Smoothie, or extra helping of Kremlin Shit Sandwich. Surely fireworks in Chechnya, after Kadyrov’s Sberbank card is declined
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

This piece of shit is continuing to criticize the Russian army. Surprising to see such criticism from him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FQ5BrozXEAEODeh.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	413922

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Girkin

Wait. What? I thought tuckers position was we should not get involved?

A position I obviously don’t agree with

WTF is your response about

R U turning into a dull internet tool?
    Pretty damn sure Tucker’s position was “lEaVe pUtIn aLoNe!! He’S jUsT mIsUnDeRsToOd!”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

If you want to get into the geopolitics of Ukraine / Russia Ect

Listen to this. It’s a source not the only source
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Republicans go back to being reasonably unreasonable instead of bat shit crazy?
    That ain't happening anytime soon. There's nothing left platform-wise and plenty of numbskulls willing to believe whatever bullshit is out there so they can "own the libs". Reasonable folks got left behind a while back, unfortunately. They have some hope in some of the more moderate governors, but the modern base is built on hate and furor, so reasonable gets drowned out.

Name:	FQ0z2E_XsAEYRIO.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	413942

If you want to get into the geopolitics of Ukraine / Russia Ect

Listen to this. It’s a source not the only source
    That's a good find, thanks. Pretty sure Putin won't be looking to rebroadcast that.

Best points I heard: nuclear blackmail is only being used against those who appear to respond to the bluff (not Turkey or Ukraine). And Germany (and anyone else) should require all payments to Russian companies to be put into escrow accounts and held until Russia leaves Ukrainian soil. If they want to keep the gas flowing, fine, but no money until this ends. Worst case, make Russia shut off the flow.

There is a lot of stuff packed in there. I have listened 2X. I get different stuff each time

Aljazera Has a good peice out today
    More dramatic. But gets into the farming fucking up planting season. 600 million people are going to starve. End of days shit
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Chechen Lawmaker Says Mariupol 'Destroyed' on Putin's Orders. "It can be said the special operation to destroy and clear Mariupol has been completed today. President Vladimir Putin's orders have been fulfilled."

Name:  Mariupol 'Destroyed' on Putin's Orders.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  64.7 KB

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/...-orders-a77453

Day by day, Kharkiv — Ukraine’s second largest city — is being wiped off the face of the earth by relentless Russian shelling.

“The geographical area of the shelling and the intensity of it are increasing. The objective of the Russian aggressor is to sow panic and create a collapse,” Mr. Terekhov said Friday. “The Russian aggressor is not ceasing attempts to attack Kharkiv and it’s not being successful only because our military is managing to repel these efforts.”

Parts of what was a sophisticated hub of Ukraine’s science and research now lack basic amenities like running water and electricity.

Name:  images.wsj.net.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  86.1 KB

https://www.wsj.com/articles/in-obli...mobilewebshare

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    That ain't happening anytime soon. There's nothing left platform-wise and plenty of numbskulls willing to believe whatever bullshit is out there so they can "own the libs". Reasonable folks got left behind a while back, unfortunately. They have some hope in some of the more moderate governors, but the modern base is built on hate and furor, so reasonable gets drowned out.
    It's really a shame because while I vote left I also think Democrats are overly tax and spend happy and we have a real limousine liberal problem (especially in California). But when the countering voice is just off the fucking rails, it sort of turns into a free for all shit show. At this point I really think the only solution is a legitimate third party (and I certainly don't mean the current Independent party).
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    It's really a shame because while I vote left I also think Democrats are overly tax and spend happy and we have a real limousine liberal problem (especially in California). But when the countering voice is just off the fucking rails, it sort of turns into a free for all shit show. At this point I really think the only solution is a legitimate third party (and I certainly don't mean the current Independent party).
    As a matter of policy there doesn't seem to be big differences on taxes & spending between the two parties. When Trump controlled congress and talked about cutting medicare and social security his approval rating, including among many Republicans, tanked. When he stopped talking about it his approval rating rose. Later under a Biden controlled congress there has been little action on raising tax rates back to levels before Trump.

Ask a thousand Americans how they feel about a policy issue, and you’ll find some oppose it and others support it. But only a small group of those people will consider it relevant to their vote on election day. Because of the way our electoral system is structured, it's those small group single-issue voters who punch way above their weight in politics. They fight issues with money, primary votes, lobbying, campaign volunteering, and other political activity. That's why American politics is so polarized, so nuts. It's how we get this cynical game where each side shouts its apocalyptic fears of the other party to justify its own actions where the only unforgivable sin is telling the truth.

As a result we seem to have lost the ability to see how evil Russia truly is. The Left believes America is the Great Satan while the Right exonerates fascism—leaving us morally adrift thinking the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 04-22-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post

Name:	FQ0z2E_XsAEYRIO.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	413942
    Uh what? Have I lost Touch with the latest conspiracies or Internet memes , or both?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

The Lazy Fuck Party? The Coalition of Intellectual Coma? 2 Stooooned 2 Crew? What Were We Talking About? [WWWTA?] Party?

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Uh what? Have I lost Touch with the latest conspiracies or Internet memes , or both?
    Just take what you can from art.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    As a matter of policy there doesn't seem to be big differences on taxes & spending between the two parties. When Trump controlled congress and talked about cutting medicare and social security his approval rating, including among many Republicans, tanked. When he stopped talking about it his approval rating rose. Later under a Biden controlled congress there has been little action on raising tax rates back to levels before Trump.

Ask a thousand Americans how they feel about a policy issue, and you’ll find some oppose it and others support it. But only a small group of those people will consider it relevant to their vote on election day. Because of the way our electoral system is structured, it's those small group single-issue voters who punch way above their weight in politics. They fight issues with money, primary votes, lobbying, campaign volunteering, and other political activity. That's why American politics is so polarized, so nuts. It's how we get this cynical game where each side shouts its apocalyptic fears of the other party to justify its own actions where the only unforgivable sin is telling the truth.

As a result we seem to have lost the ability to see how evil Russia truly is. The Left believes America is the Great Satan while the Right exonerates fascism—leaving us morally adrift thinking the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

So...'BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME!!!' ?
    Last edited by highangle; 04-22-2022 at 12:14 PM.

So...'BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME!!!' ?
    Despite the rhetoric, when it comes to taxes and spending both sides have a lot in common. The BIG fiscal fights appear to be in the past. Now most of the disagreements in America revolve around cultural issues and social conflict. Ask anyone, Americans hate the direction their country is going.. Democrats feel politically powerless while Republicans feel culturally powerless. You can see how for a lot of people those feelings project onto how they feel about Putin's invasion.
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 04-22-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Sliding into Polyass with these Repub vs Dem topics. Let's stick with Ukraine vs Russia
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Despite the rhetoric, when it comes to taxes and spending both sides have a lot in common. The BIG fiscal fights appear to be in the past. Now most of the disagreements in America revolve around cultural issues and social conflict. Ask anyone, Americans hate the direction their country is going...
    Shoulda had less kids. Less kids, less accountants. And Burger King fucked us all with Have It Your Way. That's when I fled civilization...

But you don't seem to understand that the Democratic Party is a coalition, and that's where American coalition governance happens. The Republicans used to be a coalition too, before your goddamn ignorance and ambivalence and fucking TV gave us Trump/Putin and the Proud Boys to rule rather than lead. Just like in Hungary... and Russia.

France may fall into the same ambivalence trap next week. The jackoff press is talking about low election turnout, with Parisian on the street interviews complaining of not being TV-stimulated enough by either candidate and not being able to see a difference between Babyface Macron and Putinspawn Marine Le Pen Z'invasion.

Shit. Your moral morass is sponsored by Putin. Like Germany.

Seems like not much happening, which I take as good news for now. Seems like Russia hasn’t launched their full scale attack in east and south yet, but given how poor they’ve performed so far, maybe their plan is to just send a trickle of weak attacks that are easily repelled, and just watch the casualties accumulate…

All attack repelled by UA yesterday, and they’re still taking out RU aircraft regularly:

Name:	7BAF162E-08AD-47BB-BE78-C35E0C992266.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	483.2 KB 
ID:	413977
    (Note that 9+3+3 doesn’t equal 14)

France is providing some big guns:

Name:	4DB94A1A-29E6-4492-A2E9-EA511C9A9F3D.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	412.4 KB 
ID:	413978
    https://twitter.com/tudoralexis1/sta...w8jGPzeAxo4qNw

^^^

Shoulda had less kids. Less kids, less accountants. And Burger King fucked us all with Have It Your Way. That's when I fled civilization...

But you don't seem to understand that the Democratic Party is a coalition, and that's where American coalition governance happens. The Republicans used to be a coalition too, before your goddamn ignorance and ambivalence and fucking TV gave us Trump/Putin and the Proud Boys to rule rather than lead. Just like in Hungary... and Russia.

France may fall into the same ambivalence trap next week. The jackoff press is talking about low election turnout, with Parisian on the street interviews complaining of not being TV-stimulated enough by either candidate and not being able to see a difference between Babyface Macron and Putinspawn Marine Le Pen Z'invasion.

Shit. Your moral morass is sponsored by Putin. Like Germany.
    ....my moral compass... you haven't been paying attention!? You also haven't been paying attention to American politics with your shopworn tropes. The center is not holding, not because one party is a coalition and the other is not, but because the center-left and center-right lack conviction.

My moral compass, you haven't been paying attention? You also haven't been paying attention to American politics with your shopworn tropes. The center is not holding, not because one party is a coalition and the other is not, but because the center-left and center-right lack conviction.
    Too many knuckleheads telling them both parties are the same, and that we need a new division...
    Attached Images Attached Images