Page 352 of 658 FirstFirst ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,800 of 16437

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Serious question. Unless you make the drones semi autonomous(ethic dilemma) how can you guarantee that you can't interfer with the drones to neutralize their conbat ability. And I don't mean getting them out of the sky with emps or hacking them per se, but just Signal Feedback ( assuming the data stream is heavily encoded), jamming or Duplicate authentic Signals so the drones are just a few sec late or confused. So apparently smart people have thought about that so tell me why this is impossible? Signal time stamp or live authentification?
    It's hard. That jamming/spoofing is supposedly how Iran captured a RQ-170 drone in 2010 or so. Then they tore it down and learned from it to build their own versions.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Whether to put a human inside a 6th gen fighter (or indeed, whether there really is such a thing as a 6th gen fighter if it can't turn at double-digit g's) is not really a comparison with quad copters so much as a question of the speed, reliability and precision of controls used on high-end military drones. At some point those systems become capable enough to make the inherent limitations associated with ferrying the pilot around too great to accept.

When that happens is hard to guess with precision, but if it takes 20 years to develop the next fighter that's a pretty big window.
    Turkey seems to be one of the more interesting places for big drone development. I posted a podcast discussion about it a while back in this thread. I believe they are building or launching a carrier for drones that isn't designed for human piloted planes.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    They already are a banana republic with nukes. If the world (and their leadership) recognizes that, maybe they'll stop being belligerent neighbors to any place that once, or could in the future, speak Russian.

Increased peace goes on the pros.
    Don't forget the oil. Add uranium, titanium and aluminum to the mix.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

^^^But, but, but…Rod sez the sanctions aren’t working and Putin is rolling in Benjamins and Euros like Scrooge McDuck.

Ukraine

https://news.yahoo.com/horrifying-fo...221414554.html

Russian soldiers castrated a pow, filmed it, and posted it on a pro-Kremlin telegram channel to brag.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Russian economy looks pretty bad in Toadman's Yale economics slideshow. Russian long term economic outlook also looks pretty bad. Maybe starting wars is a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Russian economy looks pretty bad in Toadman's Yale economics slideshow. Russian long term economic outlook also looks pretty bad. Maybe starting wars is a bad idea
    It makes sense to me that since Nabiullina tried to resign and wasn't allowed to that she and Pootin know that her management/manipulation is both the best they can hope for and only short term. I may have some confirmation bias. Hoping for a solid nerd-out by more knowledgeable folks before I start taking the other side of Rod's bets in earnest.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It makes sense to me that since Nabiullina tried to resign and wasn't allowed to that she and Pootin know that her management/manipulation is both the best they can hope for and only short term. I may have some confirmation bias. Hoping for a solid nerd-out by more knowledgeable folks before I start taking the other side of Rod's bets in earnest.
    Somewhere, I saw commentary on her actions to stabilize the Russian economy, and the comments were quite complimentary - her actions appeared effective (Ruble recovery, other stuff I forget), while also suggesting they may not work long-term. (fwiw I hear long-term criticism of all central bankers). No chance I'll remember who the experts were. Seems like it was a Perun type analysis, though that's not his filed.

re: the Yale economists
    To help out the conspiracy types, here's Secretary Blinken echoing the Yale conclusions:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ0XUNFPIvs

Gold, art treasures ..... all grabbed to support the Father(land)'s War of Purity.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/afric...ntl/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Gold, art treasures ..... all grabbed to support the Father(land)'s War of Purity.
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/afric...ntl/index.html
    Pootin, Midas of Malfeasance. Evil empire indeed.

Orcs gonna orc
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/horrifying-fo...221414554.html

Russian soldiers castrated a pow, filmed it, and posted it on a pro-Kremlin telegram channel to brag.

This shit is just disgusting. They will find that evil cunt and hopefully do worse to him.

I almost watched the video of it by accident on Reddit, that is something I don’t ever want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Pootin, Midas of Malfeasance. Evil empire indeed.
    "In for a penny, in for a pound"

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Orcs gonna orc
    When the Russian Embassy to the UK is calling for executing soldiers by hanging on twitter, it’s state policy.

We've known for some time Ukrainian POWs are brutally tortured. There's a lot more evidence beyond the recent castration video. After Russians torture POWs they often murder them with a gunshot to the head. There's video of this too.

To cover up their war crimes Russians blew up their own prison camp with at least 50 Ukrainians inside. Adding insult to injury they blamed Ukraine for the shelling. Unsurprisingly, no Russians died from this supposed Ukrainian attack.

Today Russia also used cluster munitions to target civilians in Mykolaiv. There are gruesome pictures taken of an otherwise nice tree lined street with dead dogs on leashes alongside their murdered owners as well as murdered men and women wearing summer clothes and summer dresses.

Better to have our eyes open and know what we’re dealing with. Ukrainians do. The Russians are acting with impunity because they believe even if they lose the war the West will still provide an offramp or a negotiated settlement.

I don't think the Russians really care about covering things up. They don't care that we care.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I don't think the Russians really care about covering things up. They don't care that we care.
    Russia's bold faced lies embody a certain type of arrogance. Russia knows they're lying, and knows we know they're lying. Russia also knows certain people in other countries will kowtow to them anyway. So for Russia it's about the narrative based on whataboutism, distraction and muddying the truth. If they can also bait Ukraine into responding in kind that's another win from the Kremlin's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Russia's bold faced lies embody a certain type of arrogance. Russia knows they're lying, and knows we know they're lying. Russia also knows certain people in other countries will kowtow to them anyway. So for Russia it's about the narrative based on whataboutism, distraction and muddying the truth. If they can also bait Ukraine into responding in kind that's another win from the Kremlin's perspective.
    Tell a lie enough times...however the truth is still the truth.

Ukraine claiming they finally nailed an Orc train transport. Hope verification comes soon. The squeeze in on.

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/...Bo8K7xhgRojzcg

Anatoly Chubais, one of the highest-level Russian officials to have resigned from Putin’s gov’t since the Ukraine invasion, was hospitalized Sunday in a western European country with symptoms of a rare neurological disorder (NYT)

Riiiiiiiiiigggghhhtttt

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/stat...wO_Sbxj2A&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Definitely not poison.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/stat...wO_Sbxj2A&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    That guys feed is chilling apocalyptic

Sexagenarian Valentyn Didkovskiy, a veteran of the Afghan War, single-handedly took out a Russian column armed only with an RPG-18 & 4 grenades scavenged from a Russian armored personal carrier: