Page 374 of 664 FirstFirst ... 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... LastLast
Results 9,326 to 9,350 of 16600

Thread: Ukraine

Time flies. Now they're supposedly 60km further, in Blahodativka, 3 km from Kupyansk. Shelling reported there too. Counteroffensive progress seems unbelievable. Hope they can hold it. Shoot I hope they can continue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FcKrTLoaIAEgw3o.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	425913

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...926049793.html

eta: Also the recaptured cities seem to be in decent shape.

Wonder if the North end is opportunistic or over the top battleship? Take it while you can, the raspberries are falling perfectly into your hand. No shame in falling back a bit if the harvest is plentiful.

NATO intelligence would know whether it was a trap. Ukraine hasn’t made tactical mistakes.

Yeah, Southeast was like putting a sleeping hand in warm water and then slamming the dink in the toilet seat while the victim was sleepwalking to the toilet. Guess after the fact the North was obvious but, was that the plan? Doesn't matter... pick the berries when ripe and don't be afraid to sit back and not tug on em. Thorns can poke when the fruit isn't ripe. Everyone makes mistakes and NATO/US is not 100% the master of puppets. Ukraine can make and will make independent choices.

Yet another classic reinterpretation of events, or maybe not.

https://twitter.com/johnsweeneyroar/...1puhxAVe-8GblQ
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

russia introduces a new doctrine: Blyatkrieg

Quote Originally Posted by Billow View Post
    Yeah, Southeast was like putting a sleeping hand in warm water and then slamming the dink in the toilet seat while the victim was sleepwalking to the toilet. Guess after the fact the North was obvious but, was that the plan? Doesn't matter... pick the berries when ripe and don't be afraid to sit back and not tug on em. Thorns can poke when the fruit isn't ripe. Everyone makes mistakes and NATO/US is not 100% the master of puppets. Ukraine can make and will make independent choices.
    Ah, now I get it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    russia introduces a new doctrine: Blyatkrieg
    CAPTURED: neoSoviet 2* General Andrei Sychevoi, commander of the West Group

UKR is over running positions, only way stuff like this shit happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    CAPTURED: neoSoviet 2* General Andrei Sychevoi, commander of the West Group

UKR is over running positions, only way stuff like this shit happens.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A380D7C7-1FC3-40BE-A132-468220A60DDA.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	390.4 KB 
ID:	425936

https://twitter.com/trenttelenko/sta...n8qjaVQC_0xEuA

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    That guy is high on his supply. Some of the things he lists are possible, but most are very unlikely. Basic "need to know" would imply that a General in the field would not get all sorts of political intel, and in the Russian approach he would get even less.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

I like this 'blyatkrieg' term, hilarious

https://www.zeit.de/politik/ausland/...orship/seite-2

An interesting take from the inside.
    In freedom language, zinze Ju donnt zpeak ze Tschörman.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Major advances from Ukraine, they could cut off the Ilyium garrison.

Russia is rushing reserves forward... under open skies on main roads... there is an opportunity here.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    That guy is high on his supply. Some of the things he lists are possible, but most are very unlikely. Basic "need to know" would imply that a General in the field would not get all sorts of political intel, and in the Russian approach he would get even less.
    I agree. Probably the guy was captured in transit trying to problem solve near the FEBA.

I doubt they took him at his HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    https://www.zeit.de/politik/ausland/...orship/seite-2

An interesting take from the inside.
    In freedom language, zinze Ju donnt zpeak ze Tschörman.
    That's fucking hilariously wishful thinking.

The bottom line is, FOR RUSSIANS, Putin is the least terrible strong Russian leader that they have seen in centuries. He is popular. Losing a war and fucking the economy is bad, but remember when Gorbachev lost the Cold War and Yelstin oversaw an economic wasteland? Remember Gorbachev only lost the empire by deciding to do nothing instead of pulling a Brezhnev on Prague. Before Gorby, how long did Chernenko and Andropov last?

The last long lived leader Russia had before Putin was Brezhnev! Before him? The even more brutal repressions, mass incarceration, mass starvation, and mass executions of the Stalin, Lenin, and Kruschev eras! Farther back and it is oppressive incompetent Czars.

If you take the last Czar, Nikolas II didn't lose a war to the Germans and Austrians! He lost to the Japanese 10 years earlier, and happily stayed in power oppressing people like mad, particularly my ancestors.

So back to the present, Putin isn't losing a war in the eyes of most Russians. This is just a special action. This isn't Germany 1945 like the article says. There are no invading armies marching to Moscow from multiple directions after 5 million casualties, while bombers flatten Russian industry around the clock. It is just a special military action that Putin can cast how every he wants to the home team. Even if things were a little rocky, Putin could stick a puppet back in his own chair for a term if needed, bring back Medvedev, while Putin still runs the show, and then take back over.

Putin isn't going down for anything but old age unless he chooses to jump from a high window with a bullet in the base of his skull.

Unfortunately, it seems that the Russian prior believe the government propaganda. Just as they believed in the Soviet era that the us will attack them.

Of course, a lot of people here believe the us government propaganda.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

I believe that Janet yelen is very smart, which makes it hard to understand why she came up with the incredibly stupid idea of creating an oil buyers cartel to force Russia to sell oil at low price.

China, India and others do not want to participate in this scheme, which dooms it, as you need worldwide participation.

What's more, Russia did they will not sell oil to any country that is post of this cartel. Which will raise the price of oil dramatically.

Europe decided that they will not buy Russian oil starting December.

Today there was a meeting in Europe to decide on not buying Russian natural gas.

Luckily a number of countries are opposed to this dumb idea, do it will probably not happen.

This game of chicken between us, Russia and eu has deadly consequences for Ukraine and dire economic consequences for the people in eu. Much less for us.

Europe doesn't really need Russian oil. They unfortunately need Russian gas.

Will they get Russian gas?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems that the Russian prior believe the government propaganda. Just as they believed in the Soviet era that the us will attack them.

Of course, a lot of people here believe the us government propaganda.

Like the bullshit about democracy being better than living and dying in thrall to a murderous authoritarian dictator/gas station proprietor?

Major advances from Ukraine, they could cut off the Ilyium garrison.

Russia is rushing reserves forward... under open skies on main roads... there is an opportunity here.

I agree. Probably the guy was captured in transit trying to problem solve near the FEBA.

I doubt they took him at his HQ.
    That truck convoy video is fake.

Europe doesn't really need Russian oil. They unfortunately need Russian gas.

Will they get Russian gas?
    Right now, there's no Russian had flowing they nordstream1. Russia said some sanctions need to be lifted first. Not sure which ones.

Thru nordstream 1

"Right now, there's no Russian gas flowing through nordstream1."

Is this what you meant to say, ESL chatbot?

Yes

"Elite" 237th Guards Airborne Assault Regiment of Russia ceased to exist: all soldiers were killed or seriously wounded - GUR of the Armed Forces of Ukraine"

That's fucking hilariously wishful thinking.

The bottom line is, FOR RUSSIANS, Putin is the least terrible strong Russian leader that they have seen in centuries. He is popular. Losing a war and fucking the economy is bad, but remember when Gorbachev lost the Cold War and Yelstin oversaw an economic wasteland? Remember Gorbachev only lost the empire by deciding to do nothing instead of pulling a Brezhnev on Prague. Before Gorby, how long did Chernenko and Andropov last?

The last long lived leader Russia had before Putin was Brezhnev! Before him? The even more brutal repressions, mass incarceration, mass starvation, and mass executions of the Stalin, Lenin, and Kruschev eras! Farther back and it is oppressive incompetent Czars.

If you take the last Czar, Nikolas II didn't lose a war to the Germans and Austrians! He lost to the Japanese 10 years earlier, and happily stayed in power oppressing people like mad, particularly my ancestors.

So back to the present, Putin isn't losing a war in the eyes of most Russians. This is just a special action. This isn't Germany 1945 like the article says. There are no invading armies marching to Moscow from multiple directions after 5 million casualties, while bombers flatten Russian industry around the clock. It is just a special military action that Putin can cast how every he wants to the home team. Even if things were a little rocky, Putin could stick a puppet back in his own chair for a term if needed, bring back Medvedev, while Putin still runs the show, and then take back over.

Putin isn't going down for anything but old age unless he chooses to jump from a high window with a bullet in the base of his skull.
    It may seem a bit Rosy, but the "changes happen suddenly " has a nice Ring to it in the Russian context.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.