Page 377 of 662 FirstFirst ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I would wager the average Ukranian’s English is better than the average MAGA’s.
    You hate Amurrica, Moran?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

No, I hate MAGAs, which are just ‘Murican Orcs in training.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Tl/dr: I agree, that might very well be part of the plan now, if it wasn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Dunno. Russians seem to be staying on their side of the border up around Sumy. I'm sorta assuming Ukraine won't need a massive military presence at the border and the Russians will stay on their side so long as there's a Ukrainian unit within 50-100 km.

As for my crazy route to Kherson, all those oblasts need to be liberated anyway. UA's already behind the lines, might as well keep going. Maybe this is the war plan.
    I don't think the first statement can be trusted (yet?), but my point was that, since the second is definitely true, the first one doesn't really matter in assessing the viability of that route (the one through Ukraine, not Russia). Whatever the UA deems necessary to defend its border and rear areas as they move along, they would have to do anyway in order to take back those other oblasts. Hopefully they take enough prisoners and materiel to leave the rest in hiding. (Capturing AD is a good sign: maybe UAF starts to play a bigger role.) But even if they have to slow down a bit, they might as well keep going and meet in Kherson as the Russians there run low on ammo.

Conversely, the Russians will be urgently hoping to actually regroup and counterattack to slow the UA down. Maybe just getting the Russians to relocate (again) and reducing their strength in Kherson is enough. But hopefully they can trap the Russians in the south instead. Mud season comes again soon?

The next front showing cracks:

"Chinese social media has completely turned on Russia, it's hilarious to read, the jokes are actually funny."

https://twitter.com/Temebrarius/stat...DSsZjjiMUrAAAA

Most importantly, Chinese sensorship policy has turned.

This sort of thing crosses my mind all the time.

It 'feels' like the same battle.

This is a disaster for Russia. When you rule on disinformation, at some point the bad info is going both ways. How do you win a war pretensed on a lie and directed with bad intelligence? How do you run a country blasting out ever more contrived fantasies?

At some point you cannibalize your own efforts trying to keep the lies alive and if someone is strong enough to push over the domino's, everything falls apart. Or at least it feels like that is happening in Ukraine at the moment, through the fog of war.

How far they fall, nobody knows.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    How do you win a war pretensed on a lie and directed with bad intelligence? How do you run a country blasting out ever more contrived fantasies?
    Maybe look at Teh Shrub’s War On Terror for clues

^Yeah, false narratives commence.

https://twitter.com/DashDobrofsky/st...TBfp8Zmdw&s=19

https://twitter.com/MatteoPugliese/s...8XejBmfmg&s=19

These ladies thoughts and prayers have been answered

https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/st...Ytuzshhv57WRIw

https://twitter.com/histrionicdonut/...Ytuzshhv57WRIw

Would love to see Putin's and Xi's faces when they meet this week. Probably no Nostrovia! toasts like this one

Name:  Russia-Ukraine-live-news-Ukraine-counterattack-shocks-Russia-Russia-Ukraine-war-News-Al-Jazeera.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  92.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post

"We are f__k_d"

I find it hard to fathom that there aren’t covert US boots/advisors/war toy nerds on the ground assisting the Ukranians with ‘technical matters’ and such…
    Among other outlets the NYTimes has articles with off the record U.S. intelligence sources (probably within the administration) taking some of the credit for the current offensive. They need to learn how to keep their mouths shut not only because they're probably overstating the amount of direct U.S. involvement but also because it plays into Russian propaganda and ever so slightly increases the chances of Russia using a tactical battlefield nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I don't think the first statement can be trusted (yet?)
    You're right ofc. Putin believes Ukraine is russia, so the border's gotta be watched.

I'm seeing a new positive sign that the Russian army may respect the border. Supposedly RU forces in the border region north of Kharkiv have crossed back to Russia. I don't think they were directly forced out. Maybe the shelling stops too? Makes me wonder what's going on up the chain of command.

Also wonder whether there's backchannel communication between opposing generals. I suppose there doesn't need to be any communication - a Russian general can read the battlefield and the political environment. That will tell them their military position is untenable and safety is across the border. Also Ukraine is very unlikely to pursue or counterattack if the border is peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Maybe look at Teh Shrub’s War On Terror for clues
    Yep. Most Americans still believe Saddam attacked us 21 years ago, among many other lies from that era. Our media is much freer than Russia's. Disinformation is durable. Try to counter it and you're a heretic.

There is chatter on #Ukraine channels that I stress is unconfirmed: 1. #Russia units in Kherson began negotiations to surrender. 2. Fighting has broken out RU & Kadyrov units in the area.

As job of Chechens is largely to terrorise RU into fighting on these could be linked.

On this day of days, and in the context of this thread, as a reminder Ayman al-Zawahiri, a mastermind of the 9/11 attack, is said to have spent six months in 1998 at an FSB training camp in Dagestan, Russia.

Moscow’s jihadi, The Russian secret service and the new al-Qa’eda commander
    Last edited by MultiVerse; 09-11-2022 at 12:08 PM.

You can see who's also benefiting from the Russian Ukraine war.

[https://www]

Slava Raytheon: Zelensky To Headline Conference Of US Defense Companies

A number of independent observers are noting just how obviously this brings to the fore one of the key motives of US hawks, especially officials tied closely to the military-industrial complex, who have shown no interest in pushing both warring sides to the negotiating table. In fact, evidence has recently emerged strongly pointing to Washington and London playing the role of behind-the-scenes saboteurs to prior ceasefire talks.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    In fact, evidence has recently emerged strongly pointing to Washington and London playing the role of behind-the-scenes saboteurs to prior ceasefire talks.
    This is one your oldest and most thoroughly debunked talking points. It's also noteworthy how you tend to show up in this thread whenever one of you prior talking points prove baseless. In the the past you attempted to change the subject in the face of undeniable Russian atrocities and acts of genocide. Today it's the obvious fact your claim Russia would *never* lose occupied territory to Ukrainian offensives proved to be wrong, just like everything else.

Yes I heard on good Russia Telegram we have to Fight imperialist insurgents. Rod good man. Rid know! Rod also in my Telegram channel!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I aligned myself with MAGA.

When you make statements you’re saying it to me

Think about that. If your capable of “Thinking”

iPhone Tapatalk
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    You're right ofc. Putin believes Ukraine is russia, so the border's gotta be watched.

I'm seeing a new positive sign that the Russian army may respect the border. Supposedly RU forces in the border region north of Kharkiv have crossed back to Russia. I don't think they were directly forced out. Maybe the shelling stops too? Makes me wonder what's going on up the chain of command.

Also wonder whether there's backchannel communication between opposing generals. I suppose there doesn't need to be any communication - a Russian general can read the battlefield and the political environment. That will tell them their military position is untenable and safety is across the border. Also Ukraine is very unlikely to pursue or counterattack if the border is peaceful.
    Purely WRT the border's significance, remember they've fled over the border before, regrouped and re-equipped and attacked in the east after running away from Kyiv through Belarus. Ukraine attacking them over the Russian border using NATO-supplied weapons is a little sketchy, and the Russians are daring them to bring the fight into unfriendly territory. Their trip back to Russia increases their safety, but not Ukraine's.

And "leaving" may allow them to re-cross at a different point, like to push toward reinforcing the ZNPP, etc. But if they start driving around the long way the bridge might go boom before they make it to Crimea, too, so the options aren't unlimited.

Ukraine's greater reach and hopefully in-fighting on the Russian side might make this all irrelevant. Or the equipment they're leaving behind could finally clarify the issue so much that soldiers refuse to go back in.

Seems like a good time tell the Russian guys about quiet quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

I appreciate your accurate wording: you aligned yourself. You picked the orc-in-training team. You didn't have to and you aren't obligated to continue to support insurrection, sedition, treason or the undermining of the republic. It's up to you.

I'm sure when you made the choice you were accepting some things that have since been publicly disproved. Maybe you haven't heard about it yet. It's ok, live and learn. You can reassess the situation. You don't have to take offense when people say they oppose fascism--that's only a problem for you if you identify fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I appreciate your accurate wording: you aligned yourself. You picked the orc-in-training team. You didn't have to and you aren't obligated to continue to support insurrection, sedition, treason or the undermining of the republic. It's up to you.

I'm sure when you made the choice you were accepting some things that have since been publicly disproved. You can reassess the situation. You don't have to take offense when people say they oppose fascism--that's only a problem for you if you identify fascist.
    Yea I spent 5 seconds
    thinking about what I type and who I’m directing it towards

Do you?

iPhone Tapatalk
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    This is one your oldest and most thoroughly debunked talking points. It's also noteworthy how you tend to show up in this thread whenever one of you prior talking points prove baseless. In the the past you attempted to change the subject in the face of undeniable Russian atrocities and acts of genocide. Today it's the obvious fact your claim Russia would *never* lose occupied territory to Ukrainian offensives proved to be wrong, just like everything else.
    How is it debunked?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

iPhone Tapatalk
    You’re a right wing nut job who dry fires guns at your TV and is convinced your neighbors work for the government and spy on you.

Of course you’re a maga.

We all laugh at you but at the same time have some pity on you. Bless your heart.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    How is it debunked?
    Prior 'debunkings' were all sourced. Your modus operandi however is to ignore the facts and instead heedlessly keep repeating Russian disinfo.

More to the point, why should Ukraine embrace your desire for them to cede territory and allow horrifically brutal genocidal occupation now that they've shown they can push back Russian invaders?

If Ukraine manages to force the invaders out, it'll be the second time in a century they've defeated a Nazi invasion.