Page 300 of 662 FirstFirst ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    how about starting another thread to debate the merits and motivations of the tex-mex war?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Well for one, the majority of the citizens of the UKR.

But you just keep right on asking questions.
    This is absolutely an assumption. Yes Putin has not been great for Ukraine, but we aren't comparing him to an imaginary wonderful leader that would have existed instead of Putin. We're comparing him to a successor who will do god knows what. .
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    how about starting another thread to debate the merits and motivations of the tex-mex war?
    how bout starting another thread to complain about thread drift and tangents on tgr? Probably pissing in the wind with that one.

I'd rather increase the thread drift and talk about more military history and battles that are more of the ancient variety.

I mean theres some argument for keeping the vax thread on topic, but aint no one here using this thread to plan Ukrainian strategy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Name:  WahtAbout.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  63.6 KB

What about the Rothschild family wealth?
    What about weird semiantisemitic conspiracies?

Im just asking questions.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Name:  WahtAbout.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  63.6 KB
    Why does have a canadian accent sometimes?

What aboot the lizard people?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    And the “helping friendly book?”

My reading says Russia without Putin would probably be the same or worse. All of the likely successors are nationalist / great power / restore the empire types who read and believe the same stuff Putin reads. Includes Navalny. It's definitely an opportunity, but we should have low hope for significant change. (Kamil Galeev has some threads about this)

Sorta like if you got rid of W during the GWOT. All the top officials and a lot of Americans believed the WMDs and American dominance/superiority ideas.

Best outcome comes after defeating and occupying Russia. That's not happening - there's no rational path from here to there (they have nukes, ya know).

So it'll be a muddle. I do read there's some hope for regional disintegration of Russia. That might take the great power nonsense off the table for decades, maybe forever. Could the world really live as one? Or do we end up supporting some eastern province against China's invasion in a couple decades?

NATO welcoming party for Finland imminent.

https://apple.news/A9V8V6EQsR6eOzfxFZUAfdA

the Rothschilds

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Is this supposed to mean something /\/\/\?

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    My reading says Russia without Putin would probably be the same or worse. All of the likely successors are nationalist / great power / restore the empire types who read and believe the same stuff Putin reads. Includes Navalny. It's definitely an opportunity, but we should have low hope for significant change. (Kamil Galeev has some threads about this)

Sorta like if you got rid of W during the GWOT. All the top officials and a lot of Americans believed the WMDs and American dominance/superiority ideas.

Best outcome comes after defeating and occupying Russia. That's not happening - there's no rational path from here to there (they have nukes, ya know).

So it'll be a muddle. I do read there's some hope for regional disintegration of Russia. That might take the great power nonsense off the table for decades, maybe forever. Could the world really live as one? Or do we end up supporting some eastern province against China's invasion in a couple decades?
    Yea, the somewhat not anarchistic and chaotic and hopefully democratic disintegration into smaller perhaps somewhat freedom loving states would be the best outcome we could hope for, but even then, it would only really be a great outcome without the nuclear arms. Throw that into the equation and any bit of chaos would potentially lead to nukes getting disappeared to wherever and whoever. Even a best case scenario would lead to a bunch more nuclear armed states, sure they'd all have less nukes, but its that many more political situations that could lead to bad things with nukes.

One could hope they might get leadership that would recognize the cost and liabilities of keeping the nukes and immediately disarm or at least mostly disarm, but this is starting to sound increasingly far fetched imo.

Why does have a canadian accent sometimes?

you really don't get it. do you?
    The putin wealth thing where you just mention the rothschilds and repeat rightwing conspiracy nonsense withouth thinking about it.

Compared to the ultra Libertarian (neo?)fascist Koch brothers they basically posses nothing (only one of them barely is a billionaire) yet everyone on the Internet seems to believe the Rothschilds are going to..... yeah what exactly? "Control you with their money?"

I can tell you what the Kochs want and it sure ain't pretty. And the Kochs spend 100s of millions to change your country into Some libertarian dystopia.
    Last edited by subtle plague; 05-12-2022 at 08:56 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Why I'm not a big fan of sunroofs.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Putin has worked for decades to consolidate his power - removing competitors, building cult backing thru propaganda and making alliances. That is why is a force.

And since you Brainiacs cannot even fathom who is going to take power and what that will look like means that motherfucker has to take the time to build his shit up and fight internal mucket mucks with competing interests. To maybe, maybe begin to dream to ascend to the absoluteness of Putin shit regime. All that uncertainty is a display of weakness. Maybe he'll live, maybe not. So yeah, any regime change is going to be better than Putin who has firm footing and operates from a high point of absolute and established power.

Yeah, this is a pivotal event in history exposing the fundamental truth peace with Russia was an illusion. The future is pregnant with possibilities but no matter what happens there will be no return to normal. Russian geopolitics will remain aggressive, fractious and unstable for as long as Russia is ruled by people who see democracy as an enduring threat.

The most important thing while Russia's war against democracy in Ukraine is still raging is maintaining a clarity of purpose. Russia is not defeated. Putin is not overthrown. The Russian führer still rattles a nuclear sabre.

The world is a dangerous place and we can't get too caught up on worrying about Putin's imminent downfall because the struggle against autocratic rulers doesn't end with him. A democratic Russia should become our strategic objective because until that happens, even if Putin falls, the Russian bear will lick its wounds and strike again.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Why I'm not a big fan of sunroofs.

Weapons produced in ‘the artisanal way’ are the best weapons. None of that mass produced shit.

Finland joining NATO isa really bad idea.

We need neutral countries, like Austria.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

Russia invading Ukraine wasa really bad idea then.

Right. Unless you are Finnish and don't want to be occupied and/or bullied by Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Russia invading Ukraine wasa really bad idea then.
    heh, public support for NATO membership in Finland prior to the Russian invasion of Ukraine ~20% → after around ~80%.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Yeah, this is a pivotal event in history exposing the fundamental truth peace with Russia was an illusion. The future is pregnant with possibilities but no matter what happens there will be no return to normal. Russian geopolitics will remain aggressive, fractious and unstable for as long as Russia is ruled by people who see democracy as an enduring threat.

The most important thing while Russia's war against democracy in Ukraine is still raging is maintaining a clarity of purpose. Russia is not defeated. Putin is not overthrown. The Russian führer still rattles a nuclear sabre.

The world is a dangerous place and we can't get too caught up on worrying about Putin's imminent downfall because the struggle against autocratic rulers doesn't end with him. A democratic Russia should become our strategic objective because until that happens, even if Putin falls, the Russian bear will lick its wounds and strike again.
    Keeping what's left of democracy in the US should be a great concern as well. Pretty near the top of the list.

Cretin.

Are you subbing for Cono today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Ya - Austria's neutrality sure is helping Ukraine right now.

Finland being non-aligned sure put a stop to Russia's aggression back in February.

That's some stupid shit right there.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    you really don't get it. do you?
    The putin wealth thing where you just mention the rothschilds and repeat rightwing conspiracy nonsense withouth thinking about it.

Compared to the ultra Libertarian (neo?)fascist Koch brothers they basically posses nothing (only one of them barely is a billionaire) yet everyone on the Internet seems to believe the Rothschilds are going to..... yeah what exactly? "Control you with their money?"

I can tell you what the Kochs want and it sure ain't pretty. And the Kochs spend 100s of millions to change your country into Some libertarian dystopia.
    I mentioned the Rothschilds as having familial wealth larger than Putin. Thats all. On paper Putin is just a humble civil servant, but its pretty widely known hes Russias and perhaps the worlds richest individual, but that there is familial wealth that dwarfs individual wealth.
    The rest is your invention. You should question why you're inserting that into a mention of the Roshchilds. They do exist, they do have familial wealth. I have some money invested with them lulz.

Agree about the Koch bros. They've been open about their efforts to influence the public psyche and laws for years. Why would you think I wouldnt?

Seriously, this knee jerk reaction at the mere mention of the Rothschilds says more abou tyou than me. I'm not even right wing. The opposite of libertarian is authoritarian, not left wing. The Cock brothers are libertarian for THEIR interests and big business, but have admitted actively steering public opinion to be more accepting of authority and control by big business and big government. Like all authoritarians and dictators its liberalism for them, and authoritarianism for the rest of us. At the mere mention of the Rothschild name you've assumed all sorts of shit about me and what I'm saying. Thats you and your biases and your division of the world into sides. Just because we shouldn't trust the Koch bros doesn't mean we should trust Gates etc, or that the WHO should be treating him as a health expect and treating his conflicts of interest as qualifications. Make it all about this sides thing if you want its a distraction. The Koch bros are libertarian. Thats a fucking laugh.

"You just don't get it do you?"