Page 400 of 662 FirstFirst ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    And, when else in our lives have we been threatened with nukes, by people with nukes?
    The nuclear threat was explicitly clear through 1991.

No way we blew this pipeline. We waved sanctions on the Nordstream turbines being serviced in Canada.

No way Russia did it. They could just turn off the gas. Is there another angle?
    Or we all smiled while John Lakeman gently warmed up a few of those turbines' blades. Just to a light glow for a little while. When they came apart at speed and Russia couldn't "turn off" what they couldn't turn on they finally decided to shoot the hostage.

There is nothing in this world that occurs to Cono that has not already occurred to everyone else first. That is the affliction we all live with every time he posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    The nuclear threat was explicitly clear through 1991.
    Not to mention we all discussed this at length months ago. And because Cono is a complete moron, he unironically asked the same question a few days ago adjacent to Stanislav Petrov day, when a calm lieutenant colonel in the Soviet Air Defense Forces in 1983 prevented a nuclear war.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    There is nothing in this world that occurs to Cono that has not already occurred to everyone else first. That is the affliction we all live with every time he posts.
    . It occurred to me years ago that much affliction is avoided by ignoring cono.....Even more affliction avoided by not quoting him.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Last edited by oldnew_guy; 09-29-2022 at 03:03 PM.

No one should be paying attention to anything Fox News has to say about anything:

“The bill includes over $12 billion to help Ukrainecontinue its blood war against Russia.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen...avert-shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    No one should be paying attention to anything Fox News has to say about anything:

“The bill includes over $12 billion to help Ukrainecontinue its blood war against Russia.”

Today class, we will cover media spin…
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote reads differently (now?)
    The bill includes over $12 billion to help Ukraine continue its bloody war against Russia.

Still bad, but that "y" changes the meaning. So far, it's Russia's bloody war against Ukraine. Though, perhaps a year from now, Fox's take might be the best way forward (ick). Hopefully Russia wakes up before it comes to war against them.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Quote reads differently (now?)
    The bill includes over $12 billion to help Ukraine continue its bloody war against Russia.

Still bad, but that "y" changes the meaning. So far, it's Russia's bloody war against Ukraine. Though, perhaps a year from now, Fox's take might be the best way forward (ick). Hopefully Russia wakes up before it comes to war against them.
    Did say ‘blood’ not ‘bloody’ before. Not sure it makes much difference - maybe ‘blood war’ sounds a bit more like ‘blood libel’.

The real issue is the framing as this being a war perpetrated by Ukraine against Russia.

Really not much space between Fox and RT:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8E996341-1E4C-4D29-85DC-44B5B323411F.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	428064

https://twitter.com/archer83able/sta...B9dFJlveCjMbnQ

so in 2020, putin signed a decree updating russia’s nuclear doctrine that allowed for the use of nuclear weapons “in the case of aggression against the russian federation with the use of conventional weapons, when the very existence of the state is put under threat.”

with putin's plan is to annex donetsk, luhansk and much of kherson and zaporizhzhia this weekend, and knowing full well russia are getting their asses handed to them, it sure seems like he's putting his justifications in place to use nuclear weapons to change the narrative of the war. i don't know shit but certainly scared of that crazy kook. thoughts?

Is it really Russian territory if nobody recognizes it? North Korea and Syria are the only ones that would I heard.

I mean, any yahoo can strong arm some voters into saying that want their town part of Russia, that shouldn’t ever work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    so in 2020, putin signed a decree updating russia’s nuclear doctrine that allowed for the use of nuclear weapons “in the case of aggression against the russian federation with the use of conventional weapons, when the very existence of the state is put under threat.”

with putin's plan is to annex donetsk, luhansk and much of kherson and zaporizhzhia this weekend, and knowing full well russia are getting their asses handed to them, it sure seems like he's putting his justifications in place to use nuclear weapons to change the narrative of the war. i don't know shit but certainly scared of that crazy kook. thoughts?

Very good questions, I feel we are reaching some sort of an inflection point. What happens if UKR halts in place on the disputed borders and then proceeds to kick the living shit out of Russian forces in the rest of the war zone? My guess is a Tactical nuke even though that UKR use of force isn't within mother Russia.

Scary times.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

So, what's the world's next move if Putin does a 'tactical' nuke on Kyev?I imagine his first order of business is to decapitate what's left of the Ukrainian government, and Zelinsky if he could.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

No way Russia did it.
    We need facts. Jumping to conclusions all the time, with no room for debate is straight up Hitler youth shit.
    I’m glad to see that Cono does not jump to conclusions…. 🧐

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ukraine

I’m def in the camp that believes the annexation is an intentional strategy to provoke a “Ukraine invaded/attacked Russia” story to influence the home crowd & also ramp up provocations with the West

Mock elections and referendum are expressly illegal under int'l law, no?

Any use of Russian nukes for any "reason" is going to get a nuclear response in Russia, perhaps a massive nuclear response in Russia.
    It's a gun with a U in the barrel, any use of nukes by Putin is an act against Russia.

The Great Task moving forward is to de-nuke a Post-Putin Balkanized Russia.

Putin isn't going to order a tactical nuclear strike because Ukraine retakes Kherson. There are no good targets and nobody will recognize the annexations, which makes the move suicidal in many respects due to the international backlash. Putin's generals and ministers know this too. Remember, Putin has to get his top ministers and generals to agree it is a good idea.

Nuclear threats are bluster.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

FWIW, the United States warned Europe and Germany specifically for years that Russia would use Nord Stream 2 to deploy military and intelligence installations:

May 18, 2018 Military threat
    : She said the Baltic was a congested, sensitive military area. “When we look at the ability of governments and companies to use infrastructure deployments as a means to convey devices and technologies that can listen and follow and monitor, that is a concern with regard to this particular undersea pipeline project in the Baltic Sea,” she added.

“The new project would permit new technologies to be placed along the pipeline route and that is a threat.”

Agreed with Summit. Gotta remember that while he appears bent on convincing the world that they are winning, his own military and power brokers are the only folks that he MUST keep convinced. And that is becoming seemingly tenuous. If they believe they can’t “win” (definitions are differing) and/or will lose their own seats at the table, things get interesting.

Pootie has total control until he has none at all.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Did say ‘blood’ not ‘bloody’ before. Not sure it makes much difference - maybe ‘blood war’ sounds a bit more like ‘blood libel’.

The real issue is the framing as this being a war perpetrated by Ukraine against Russia.

Really not much space between Fox and RT:

Name:	8E996341-1E4C-4D29-85DC-44B5B323411F.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	428064

https://twitter.com/archer83able/sta...B9dFJlveCjMbnQ
    Wtf. Does RT own Fox somehow?

I took "blood war" like brother against brother, ala Russia's idea the Ukraine is its Rus brother (and typically more violent and personal than the average bloody war). Specifically Putin's idea that he's the Tsar of all Rus.

Fuck Putin. Fuck Fox.

You guys will maybe regain some sanity when you realize that Fox doesn’t actually support anyone. They sell division through contrarian spew and as long as they can keep everyone divided and frothing at the mouth, business is good. Same goes for CNN. It’s all fucking garbage.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

An interesting take on the tactical nuke issue. Kamil Kazani
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...369293824.html
    Summary: Putin and Russia look really bad if they lose to Ukraine, who they consider inferior. If instead they provoke the US and lose, that is more honorable. Putin's number one goal is to remain in power (same for his government). From Putin's perspective it might be best to nuke the subhuman Ukrianians, lose to the response, then sue for peace.

Also Trent Telenko has a thread arguing that DC has a de-escalation faction, and that is why Ukraine doesn't have the weapons they ask for - Abrams, F16, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    FWIW, the United States warned Europe and Germany specifically for years that Russia would use Nord Stream 2 to deploy military and intelligence installations:

May 18, 2018 Military threat
    : She said the Baltic was a congested, sensitive military area. “When we look at the ability of governments and companies to use infrastructure deployments as a means to convey devices and technologies that can listen and follow and monitor, that is a concern with regard to this particular undersea pipeline project in the Baltic Sea,” she added.

“The new project would permit new technologies to be placed along the pipeline route and that is a threat.”

I guess spy pigs was really the next evolution...in the worst fucking timeline ever...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigging

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I guess spy pigs was really the next evolution...in the worst fucking timeline ever...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigging
    Disappointing link.

I was hoping for something more akin to this:

Name:	5C1897DE-CAB6-49B8-9954-8944B59BD99F.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	428085