Page 272 of 663 FirstFirst ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 16558

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    https://instagram.com/shiah_lints
    Insta of a Seattle photojournalist currently in Ukraine I've been following.
    Well that's surreal. He is a guy I know casually and lives in the same small town as me. He may have moved to Seattle recently though.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Even the unedited photo is bizarre. Putin more or less sat like that for the entire meeting with Shoigu. If a photo could talk...

Attachment 414100
    He’s probably got a button under the table like Dr Evil

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There's been a rumor he has Parkinson's, maybe he was trying to stop his hands from shaking.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Even the unedited photo is bizarre. Putin more or less sat like that for the entire meeting with Shoigu. If a photo could talk...

Attachment 414100
    I wouldn’t wanna be around when he lets that dump break out.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Actually, i think he's rational. There's no way that Germany, or Europe, can survive in the short and medium term without Russian gas.

And he doesn't want to start ww3

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    He can be the most rational person in the Universe and it won't impact Putin's maniacal irrationality. I empathize with the European countries dependent on Russian energy - I'm pretty sure a significant percentage of US citizens would be running around with their hair on fire if we suddenly found ourselves in this situation. But the fact remains: the person controlling the spigot will probably turn it off any way if you don't do what he wants. And he wants it all.

Anyway, here's another great shot of a Ukrainian Stugna atgm attrititting Putin's hordes: https://old.reddit.com/r/CombatFoota...ap_missile_at/

Ukraine

Apparently all his buds are also committing suicide, after they kill their families.

https://apple.news/A9xj-3c2CSp-TM05-6u_KaQ

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    He can be the most rational person in the Universe and it won't impact Putin's maniacal irrationality. I empathize with the European countries dependent on Russian energy - I'm pretty sure a significant percentage of US citizens would be running around with their hair on fire if we suddenly found ourselves in this situation. But the fact remains: the person controlling the spigot will probably turn it off any way if you don't do what he wants. And he wants it all.
    And the thing is, there's no shortage of gas in the world. It's been too cheap to export from Alaska these last few decades...

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    And the thing is, there's no shortage of gas in the world. It's been too cheap to export from Alaska these last few decades...
    True, no shortage of gas, but transporting it will cost more.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Former German chancellor who became Putin’s man in Germany mocking Russia's war crimes over copious amounts of white wine:

“In interviews Schröder spoke with undiminished swagger, cracking jokes but arguing that, well, if he got rich, so did his country. When it came to Russian gas, everyone was on board, he pointed out, mocking his detractors over copious amounts of white wine.”

No long table treatment for this guy:

Name:  No long table treatment.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  64.5 KB

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/23/w...mid=tw-nytimes

A guy at work Friday told me it is all just a Ukrainian civil war blah, blah. Went on to relay more crazy info wars type misinformation that has all be hashed over here. I'm the one brainwashed by our media. The US oligarch problem is the equivalent of Putin.

It was crazy. Meeting these people irl, people I know, seems much more unsettling than the trolls on here.

Ends with him telling me he is done with me since I don't respect his opinion. Mmmkay dude correct. Done we are.

End the work night at a Primus show watching them play a 15 minute Conspiranoia. Connecting some dots, with many/most people in the crowd oblivious to the message I'm assuming. Surreal.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    A guy at work Friday told me it is all just a Ukrainian civil war blah, blah. Went on to relay more crazy info wars type misinformation that has all be hashed over here. I'm the one brainwashed by our media. The US oligarch problem is the equivalent of Putin.

It was crazy. Meeting these people irl, people I know, seems much more unsettling than the trolls on here.

Ends with him telling me he is done with me since I don't respect his opinion. Mmmkay dude correct. Done we are.

End the work night at a Primus show watching them play a 15 minute Conspiranoia. Connecting some dots, with many/most people in the crowd oblivious to the message
    A couple of my dearest friends live in that world. It’s rough. Fortunately we mostly just keep quiet and stay in our lanes.

What if.... say Russia hits Kiev HQ with some missiles and manages to kill Blinken and Austin while they're there? Are we full on WWIII??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    A couple of my dearest friends live in that world. It’s rough. Fortunately we mostly just keep quiet and stay in our lanes.
    Yeah. Stay in lane. He was dealing with a belligerent eastern European truck driver so that started the unwise convo. I guess we both know that now at least.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Just curious, but what kind of views would someone have to have for you to say that you're not friends with them, let alone dearest ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Just curious, but what kind of views would someone have to have for you to say that you're not friends with them, let alone dearest ones?
    Probably if they thought you were humorous or clever

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    What if.... say Russia hits Kiev HQ with some missiles and manages to kill Blinken and Austin while they're there? Are we full on WWIII??
    Putin could call off the invasion. Then he wouldn't have to worry what the US might do. Also, a bunch Russians and Ukrainians wouldn't have to die, get maimed, or learn hatred. And Ukraine wouldn't get any more messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Putin could call off the invasion. Then he wouldn't have to worry what the US might do. Also, a bunch Russians and Ukrainians wouldn't have to die, get maimed, or learn hatred. And Ukraine wouldn't get any more messed up.
    Putin will always be teaching hatred until he's gone. Then his legacy of hate will live on. Just look at the teachings of Hitler and the Nazi symbolism, reborn in a new era of hate. Hate is in the bowels of human nature. It doesn't take much to stoke the embers.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Probably if they thought you were humorous or clever
    Points for the zinger, but he’s asking a question many of us are facing. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...e-1064076/amp/

I’m not going to attempt to change the mind of someone deeply into conspiracy theory bullshit, but does a history of friendship suggest finding a way to not burn the bridges completely & basically say that when they’re ready to see things more rationally you’re happy to have a discussion?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

We herd you like drones so we made a drone tank that launches drones, yo.
    So 2 operators can booyaa blyat 50 Ruski self-propelled howitzers or MLRSs while they're having coffee 50 miles away...

Last edited by highangle; 04-24-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Points for the zinger, but he’s asking a question many of us are facing. https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...e-1064076/amp/

I’m not going to attempt to change the mind of someone deeply into conspiracy theory bullshit, but does a history of friendship suggest finding a way to not burn the bridges completely & basically say that when they’re ready to see things more rationally you’re happy to have a discussion?
    I recently had a friendship end on this discussion. Want to know why? Another friend of mine - who I knew when he lived in California but moved back to Ukraine several years ago to be with family - was killed. Obviously upset, I said fuck Putin and fuck Tucker Carlson. That was apparently too much for my friend to handle since I was apparently insulting his team. That's how entrenched some of these people are. I have plenty of friends I don't agree with politically, but in this case good fucking riddance, asshole.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I recently had a friendship end on this discussion. Want to know why? Another friend of mine - who I knew when he lived in California but moved back to Ukraine several years ago to be with family - was killed. Obviously upset, I said fuck Putin and fuck Tucker Carlson. That was apparently too much for my friend to handle since I was apparently insulting his team. That's how entrenched some of these people are. I have plenty of friends I don't agree with politically, but in this case good fucking riddance, asshole.
    Condolences about your friend in Ukraine. Fuck Putin, fuck Carlson, fuck that "team".

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Plenty of my "friendships" have ended since the age of Trump. My college alumni group is dead to me. The friend I was speaking of has been more important to me than any of my family or anyone else for that matter. We've always been on opposite sides of the aisle but enjoyed amicable detente. The problem now is that the middle is so allusive. To be honest this lifetime of loyalty and friendship could end. I hope it doesn't and will do my part to prevent it.

^^^ What the hell does a middle ground for this thing look like? At least with taxes and spending there is give and take. On this, there are sort of three options, understanding that Putin is fucking crazy and is killing thousands of people and displacing millions while leveling cities and sending his people into the meat grinder. Second option is it's a conspiracy started by the left and bidens son, and Nazis in Ukraine. The third is pleading ignorance, or refusing to take a position. The latter 2 options basically mean you are fucked in the head. I don't see any middle ground.
    As for the middle on the rest of the issues, it is being squeezed by right wing propaganda and a purging of moderates by increasingly radical right wing propaganda and legislators.
    I do not see it as a both sides type of dynamic.
    Fuck Putin, and fuck his apologists. Fuck Tucker and the people who get their information from his show and fox in general.
    sigless.

Russia tries to jam SpaceX Starlink, fails

https://www.airforcetimes.com/air/20...-taking-notes/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.