Page 159 of 663 FirstFirst ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 16559

Thread: Ukraine

Anon is sending messages via printers, 7 mill text messages, TV, and who knows how else. if there is a good way to circumvent the Russians, they probably will do it at some point.

On a similar note, I've always wanted to print out a picture of my butt to the neighbor's password-less printer I can access from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    With those eyes we all want to know more!

There has been little mention of how Russian media is selling this war to their people. Populations don't want war, so they need to be sold on it.
    I navigated around the Russian RT news website and it felt pretty normal in terms of content mix and tone. Most items on western media are present on RT, albeit with a clear “interpretive” slant. Gringos shooting themselves in the foot, contrasted with the peace keeping efficiency of the Russian state, is the undertow.

The war which isn’t a war slips in with tidbits like a poetry quote in answer to the Musk challenge, “liberation” of Nazi-held Russian towns, and Ukrainian atrocities in Donbas. One was titled “Why are they killing us” with sob stories from Donbas refugee mommies.

Mention is made of govt aid to the poor victimized families in Russia, sounding a bit like Covid relief funds. Printing rubles overtime I figure.

There is even a “Peace” button at the top, which I didn’t bother to translate.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    From everything I've seen, the average Russian supports the war and supports Putin. It seems to me that the West could greatly benefit by winning the hearts and minds of the Russian people through media, despite it being blocked and narrated by Putin. Maybe Starlink or some other way to get the real info to the people. And then they can topple Putin.
    The average Russian supports “special military operation”. They are not aware yet that this is a war their government started. The average russian is so zombie-fied that it’ll take few years for the truth to seep in and sink in. And even then the propaganda may have an upper hand. Hell, they, russians, are not ashamed of the crimes communists committed against them, the russians. No, they are proud of how powerful cccp was. They are truly fucked people.

Name:  Manefort.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  73.7 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Dr. Evil had some technology where he broke into television broadcasts. Surely Elon or the Pentagon has something like that?

Admittedly this idea is lower tech, but perhaps a banner plane towing a banner that says "Free Vodka Back at Russian Border?"
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Posted by a Ukrainian friend:

https://fb.watch/bLHOZ0DqMF/
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

From The Guardian:

Russian soldiers patrol the streets of Berdyansk in cars and armoured vehicles marked with the “Z” symbol that denotes the Russian occupying force.Local government officials in this city in southern Ukraine, which has been controlled by Russian troops for the past two weeks, have been kicked out of their offices, and the local radio station plays Soviet ballads and Russian pop songs, interspersed with excerpts from Vladimir Putin’s speeches and news items about Ukraine being “liberated from Nazis”.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Jesus fucking christ my eyes mother fucker

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    From The Guardian:

Russian soldiers patrol the streets of Berdyansk in cars and armoured vehicles marked with the “Z” symbol that denotes the Russian occupying force.Local government officials in this city in southern Ukraine, which has been controlled by Russian troops for the past two weeks, have been kicked out of their offices, and the local radio station plays Soviet ballads and Russian pop songs, interspersed with excerpts from Vladimir Putin’s speeches and news items about Ukraine being “liberated from Nazis”.
    No one can read that. Mind fixing so everyone using TGR Blue can see? Thanks
    I still call it The Jake.

From The Guardian:

” Russian soldiers patrol the streets of Berdyansk in cars and armoured vehicles marked with the “Z” symbol that denotes the Russian occupying force.Local government officials in this city in southern Ukraine, which has been controlled by Russian troops for the past two weeks, have been kicked out of their offices, and the local radio station plays Soviet ballads and Russian pop songs, interspersed with excerpts from Vladimir Putin’s speeches and news items about Ukraine being “liberated from Nazis”.

FIFY
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    No one can read that. Mind fixing so everyone using TGR Blue can see? Thanks
    I tried on the new blue to see what you were all whining about. Is this new skin for Baby Boomers who burnt up their vision with blue light? Kinda like those insanely bright lights that come on the new Baby Boomer pickups when you order the old man tailgate?

I tried on the new blue to see what you were all whining about. Is this new skin for Baby Boomers who burnt up their vision with blue light? Kinda like those insanely bright lights that come on the new Baby Boomer pickups when you order the old man tailgate?
    IIRC it is the original color.

I use white but that's the original color (or very very close to it) from 20 years ago. They got rid of it and I got used to white, then at some point (also quite a while ago) they brought it back. I didn't bother changing it again but that's a very familiar look.

The blue is the original color... I don't know when they changed it... just a few years ago.

I keep the blue because it's less harsh on the eyes at night. Definitely not a boomer.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Blue on the computer. Metro black and white mobile on the phone.

Alright, I jacked up the thread for the night. I retract all comments about boomers and conversation of TGR color-ways. I will be more careful of what I copy and paste.

Ultimately, will the west turn its back on Ukraine because we will just get bored and the news cycle will reset?

OG blue for this late Gen Xer.

It’s how I came to TRGs and it’s now it will forever stay.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

Hmm. You might be right. I think I lost my edge and intellectual sparring partner when spook left. He kept me sharp.
    Get a mistress with a phd!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Alright, I jacked up the thread for the night. I retract all comments about boomers and conversation of TGR color-ways. I will be more careful of what I copy and paste.

Ultimately, will the west turn its back on Ukraine because we will just get bored and the news cycle will reset?
    Well that's what happened in Syria where Russia has been bombing hospitals, so maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    The average Russian supports “special military operation”. They are not aware yet that this is a war their government started. The average russian is so zombie-fied that it’ll take few years for the truth to seep in and sink in. And even then the propaganda may have an upper hand. Hell, they, russians, are not ashamed of the crimes communists committed against them, the russians. No, they are proud of how powerful cccp was. They are truly fucked people.
    I heard someone recently describe the history of the Russian people as a continuous story of 'but wait, it gets worse!'

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yeah, it almost makes me miss the intellectual discussions in the vaccination thread.
    Dress up mistress as nurse. Problem solved!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Have the Ukrainians tried just leaving massive amounts of free vodka out for the Russians? Maybe the day before an offensive?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Actually I think it was Timba who suggested leaving out cases of vodka and turning the road signs around to face the other way.

Guys can we move on from all this talk about color schemes and get back to talking about the truly important things, like my narcissism.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Have the Ukrainians tried just leaving massive amounts of free vodka out for the Russians? Maybe the day before an offensive?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    At the end of the USSR there was at least one account of troops trading a tank for vodka, some farmer takes the tractor out with a case and offers free removal?
    Last edited by dunfree ; 03-15-2022 at 07:55 AM.

They may need a "healthy" dose of vodka to wash down the chinese food rations

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220315_103416.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	409573Name:  IMG_20220315_104114.jpeg
Views: 453
Size:  39.2 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220315_104132.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	409575

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app