Page 336 of 664 FirstFirst ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... LastLast
Results 8,376 to 8,400 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    The biggest problem with Russians is: Get more than 2 of them in a room together, and one of them will start calling himself "General"...

I have a little theory that PootyPoot may have been sucka'd into this Z-invasion by purposely inaccurate intelligence of Ukraine, and of Russian strength. Same way they told him supply trucks were ready to roll and T72 reactive armor will stop a missile...

If you're gonna be an Eye in a Tower [Brain in a Vat], you best have good ways to sense the world around you.
    Did you read the early accounts? They didn't even do intel as they believed their own bullshit that Ukrainians are all Russian at heart and didn't expect all the people they bribed to say "peace" and just skip out on them.
    Total clown shoes hubris.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Counter point. He has a Ukrainian flag as part of his Twitter handle.

Russia has slowed down their offensive because they are content to just sit and trade artillery rounds with Ukraine.
    What’s my narrative?
    forget so quick?

I proffer that Russia doesn’t have much of a choice. They can trade artillery or quit. Quitting now is bad for the rulers who are still trying to find an objective that will let them declare victory. Their military demonstrated it isn’t capable of significant combined arms. It’s just big dumb guns like 1915. They aren’t content, they are stuck

think how insane “Russia has the capability of complete air superiority with minimal losses, but is happy just murdering their civilians and territorial objectives, because they want to get rid of old shit” sounds

and you’ve never countered the Russian inability to manufacture modern arms without a western supply chain. They are hollow

Russia has slowed down their offensive because they are content to just sit and trade artillery rounds with Ukraine.
    It was written by the defense reporter for the Kyiv Independent. Retweeted by a Prof. of strategic studies from Scotland.

What sources are your views being shaped by?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    forget so quick?

I proffer that Russia doesn’t have much of a choice. They can trade artillery or quit. Quitting now is bad for the rulers who are still trying to find an objective that will let them declare victory. Their military demonstrated it isn’t capable of significant combined arms. It’s just big dumb guns like 1915. They aren’t content, they are stuck

think how insane “Russia has the capability of complete air superiority with minimal losses, but is happy just murdering their civilians and territorial objectives, because they want to get rid of old shit” sounds

and you’ve never countered the Russian inability to manufacture modern arms without a western supply chain. They are hollow
    Again what’s my narrative?

I’m offering my assessment based on my experience with Ukrainian military, observations, and analysis of others assessments. Most of whom are former/current western military or intelligence officials. Not social media reports. Ukraine has done an excellent job of controlling the narrative that is reaching back to the west on this. They are doing a great job of keeping news of Ukrainian casualties and losses quite.

I’m offering my assessment based on my experience with Ukrainian military, observations, and analysis of others assessments. Most of whom are former/current western military or intelligence officials. Not social media reports. Ukraine has done an excellent job of controlling the narrative that is reaching back to the west on this. They are doing a great job of keeping news of Ukrainian casualties and losses quite.
    fuck off im super smart with inside info I can’t tell you about, even though I was never anything

i told you, yer just being a stupid cunt

How many men and women did Ukraine conscript in the beginning of this latest Russian invasion? A couple million or more, right?
    Some have been through basic and ait or weapons already, and are on the lines much better trained, equipped, disciplined, and motivated than their orcish counterparts.

Numbers? Ukraine is fighting for you and me and the rest of the civilized world who won't suffer the yoke of imperial aggression. NATO will not let Ukraine fall, even with T*&^% in the White House [which is guaranteed not to happen now, with T*&^%'s SCOTUS]. The brilliant strategist Putain should have known this...

Russia ~150ish million
    NATO ~ a billionish, and more than 50x the industrial might

What would Sun Tsu say, sir? "Go nukular and end the world?" meh
    What Russian say? "I push Big Button to end world and Disneyland because Bald Head not able to further latest ambition?" Nyet

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    It was written by the defense reporter for the Kyiv Independent. Retweeted by a Prof. of strategic studies from Scotland.

What sources are your views being shaped by?
    super secret ones he can’t tell you about.

yea Xavier Ukraine has well shaped a narrative and somewhat an information flow. Russia has also attempted this and largely failed because of failures in the flow vs reality. I’m sure though russia could win tomorrow if they wanted

and they are so super smart they can recombinate western tech into unbeatable weapons. Look for a different pipeline, analyst is like influencer

Have I ever once said we should stop supporting Ukraine with weapons?

I’m pretty sure I acknowledged Russia is Soldier for Soldier tactically worse than Ukraine is. They still have a fuck ton of men weapons and equipment. Ukrainians are fighting for their survival. They are highly motivated. They are still pretty fucking terrible at fighting by NATO standards. Russia is just worse.

I’m pretty sure I acknowledged Russia is Soldier for Soldier tactically worse than Ukraine is. They still have a fuck ton of men weapons and equipment.
    maybe you aren’t right about the men part? I mean, press ganging people you’ve liberated doesn’t suggest a surplus. Never mind I mr don’t know my narrative

I’m pretty sure I acknowledged Russia is Soldier for Soldier tactically worse than Ukraine is. They still have a fuck ton of men weapons and equipment. Ukrainians are fighting for their survival. They are highly motivated. They are still pretty fucking terrible at fighting by NATO standards. Russia is just worse.
    Have you ever seen NATO fight a rear guard action? I don't recall one...

Look at the fkn rent these militias are charging for their territory. Russia captures rubble, and has lost close to 40k orcs, some of whom die cornered in piles, some who are struck down while livestreaming... Thousands of tanks and hundreds of helicopters...They lost the information war before it started. The whole fucking world is against Russia, who has conveniently labeled us all "Nazis" anyway... lol, don't read too much into their press releases, mate.

Biggest danger is getting Qanonified and intellectually peasantized like the old Russians, with their Cambridge Analytica-engineered fantasy bubble.

Thing I read said Russia is just trying to keep this afloat until it starts to get cold so they can try to squeeze Europe to cut the weapons flow in exchange for gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Thing I read said Russia is just trying to keep this afloat until it starts to get cold so they can try to squeeze Europe to cut the weapons flow in exchange for gas.
    german unions say the industrial apocalypse is coming next week; note the German glass industry is very high value/tech

high value and high tech yet highly dependent on resources from a known enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    high value and high tech yet highly dependent on resources from a known enemy.
    But it worked so well for them over the last 30 years. Winder if Greece gets to call some shots soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yeah, for all the discussion about which side has a military advantage I think it's important to recognize the outcome is a policy choice. The Western pro-Ukraine alliance has something like a 40-to-1 GDP advantage versus Russia.

Russia's numerical superiority was not decisive when its armed forces were still pursuing a totally unrealistic war plan ("we take Kiev & they surrender." ) Now massed Russian artillery is grinding down Ukraine's forces. Too few Western 155mm howitzers and shells have arrived.

But Russia is really just a continent-sized Florida with nukes. They can't win a conventional war against the West unless the West decides not to fight, for whatever reason.

And the outcome should matter a great deal to the West. Not so much to prevent Russia from invading other European countries in the future, but because if Russia turns the Black Sea into a Russian lake that will change the balance of power in the Middle East and Africa. Russia aligned with Turkey and Iran and in control of key regional commodities like food staples and petroleum would be problematic to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Yeah, for all the discussion about which side has a military advantage I think it's important to recognize the outcome is a policy choice. The Western pro-Ukraine alliance has something like a 40-to-1 GDP advantage versus Russia.

Russia's numerical superiority was not decisive when its armed forces were still pursuing a totally unrealistic war plan ("we take Kiev & they surrender." ) Now massed Russian artillery is grinding down Ukraine's forces. Too few Western 155mm howitzers and shells have arrived.

But Russia is really just a continent-sized Florida with nukes. They can't win a conventional war against the West unless the West decides not to fight, for whatever reason.

And the outcome should matter a great deal to the West. Not so much to prevent Russia from invading other European countries in the future, but because if Russia turns the Black Sea into a Russian lake that will change the balance of power in the Middle East and Africa. Russia aligned with Turkey and Iran and in control of key regional commodities like food staples and petroleum would be problematic to say the least.
    And i hope that the west will not confront Russia in a real war.

Probably the minority view here though, and I'm ok with this.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

Ya well we've got the REAL Florida and bunch more shithole states so hold our beer Russia..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	420777
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

I don’t think anyone here wants a war between NATO and Russia.

It would appear Russia doesn’t want that either:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8CB4CC66-C9A5-4C4A-B756-9617CEBF056D.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	828.7 KB 
ID:	420778

https://twitter.com/iaponomarenko/st...xkJVPopHvtwE5Q

If you mean not having NATO or other Western aligned countries in direct conflict with Russia then I think your view is aligned with the vast majority.

If you mean not responding to Russian attacks on the West and Western interests then I think your view is in the minority.

That's a nuke war. No one wants that and it's the only way it can go.

It’s bizarre that you would consider that the minority view here. How did you manage to not read the many posts discussing why the West can’t establish a no fly zone (to use one repeated example)?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    It’s bizarre that you would consider that the minority view here. How did you manage to not read the many posts discussing why the West can’t establish a no fly zone (to use one repeated example)?
    Because all rod does is repeat talking points he heard on conservative shows or through russian troll farms (hard to tell the difference these days).

Yeah that’s what’s so weird. Rod’s online persona (I’d like to ski with him sometime) was always solid, but he posts some bizarre shit in this thread only.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

​Royal United Services Institute summary of the current state of war:

Ukraine has the will to achieve the operational defeat of the Russian military. At present, however, several Russian advantages and Ukrainian weaknesses are leading to an attritional conflict that risks a protracted war, eventually favouring Russia.

• Russian electronic warfare (EW) is denying Ukraine a sufficiently fast kill chain to destroy Russia’s artillery.
    • Russian artillery is fixing the Ukrainian military and preventing the Ukrainians from concentrating to undertake offensive manoeuvre.
    • Russian cruise missiles are imposing a high economic and political cost on Ukraine.
    • A shortage of skilled infantry and armoured operators is limiting Ukraine’s
    offensive combat power.
    • Limited staff capacity is limiting Ukraine’s ability to plan and execute combined
    operations at scale.

Ukraine’s international partners have the ability to reverse these dynamics to enable Ukraine to retake its lost territory. This cannot be achieved through the piecemeal delivery of a large number of different fleets of equipment, each with separate training, maintenance and logistical needs. Instead, Ukraine’s partners should rationalise the support they provide around a small number of platforms. Ukraine’s key capability requirements are:

• Anti-radiation seekers for loitering munitions to suppress or destroy Russian EW complexes.
    • Multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS) to target and destroy Russian logistics and
    ammunition stockpiles to starve Russian artillery of ammunition.
    • 155-mm howitzers and ammunition to prevent Russian troop concentration and support
    Ukrainian troop concentrations.
    • Secure communications systems.
    • Anti-tank guided weapons and man-portable air-defence systems (MANPADS).
    • Protected mobility to enable Ukrainian troops to manoeuvre under artillery threat.
    • Point defences to protect critical infrastructure.

It is also necessary for Ukraine to receive training at scale to form new units able to undertake offensive operations and to receive staff and junior leadership training to support the orchestration of combined arms offensive manoeuvre.

Full report: https://static.rusi.org/special-repo...inal-web_0.pdf

Russian soldier shoots an abandoned S-300 anti-aircraft missile system with a 7.62mm round at close range:

https://t.me/milinfolive/86458