Page 209 of 664 FirstFirst ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    So you want him to reduce Kiev to rubble? Because that's the next step, if you want "winning".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    You are mentally ill

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Benny is a Battered Woman

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Benny is a Battered Woman
    Beer battered?Name:  dmJK0k6VGTnOREjvTD3XFwSwcMMpfSad_siHF90JkkQ.jpeg
Views: 397
Size:  21.6 KB
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

The odd Iraqi wedding aside, turns out drones make pretty good forward observers: https://old.reddit.com/r/CombatFoota...es_on_russian/

Name:  BA05BFF7-0C13-48E9-930D-008F5BC5CB2D.jpeg
Views: 386
Size:  242.7 KB

"404 bad request" the link title is intriguing though

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I guess given other estimates, this would be considered good news:
    Name:  0A77D6B4-4785-4C29-8D8A-6B164549C8EC.jpeg
Views: 386
Size:  336.7 KB

https://www.economist.com/1843/2022/...bombing-speaks

It’s crazy how much impact the guided (“fire-and-forget”) shoulder fired missiles have had in this conflict. The ability for a human to hide in the bushes and take out a helo or tank at decent range completely changes how modern warfare is waged. I’m sure playbooks are being rewritten…

A lot of bullshit patting-on-the-back by Americans when comparing this invasion to not-so-similar situations in Iraq or Afghanistan. If the Iraqis or Al Qaeda had Stingers, Javelins, and Panzerfausts; there would have been a lot more Americans coming home in caskets…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    It’s crazy how much impact the guided (“fire-and-forget”) shoulder fired missiles have had in this conflict. The ability for a human to hide in the bushes and take out a helo or tank at decent range completely changes how modern warfare is waged. I’m sure playbooks are being rewritten…

A lot of bullshit patting-on-the-back by Americans when comparing this invasion to not-so-similar situations in Iraq or Afghanistan. If the Iraqis or Al Qaeda had Stingers, Javelins, and Panzerfausts; there would have been a lot more Americans coming home in caskets…
    The Ukrainian army was trained by America/NATO and this is the playbook for how modern dispersed infantry operates.

What we're seeing in Ukraine is not per se an insurgency with people hiding in the bushes engaging in asymmetrical warfare. More accurately, a smaller modern military is fighting a larger cold war era military. Modern warfare involves highly trained highly competent small units taking advantage of expensive advanced weaponry. Regular Ukrainian infantry has optics, suppressors, NVG, ISR, thermals, anti-tank, anti-air too. Most importantly they've been trained to exercise initiative as a dispersed decentralized infantry.

There's a debate to be had about Iraq & Afghanistan and how much we should help Ukrainians, but what seems nuts is the debate about the 'right' side to be on now.

There is no communism. C'mon, man.
    My bad. Fascism. Trump is going to save and elevate fascism to heights never before seen in history.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

The stugna-9 or whatever that can be set up on a tripod and controlled by a laptop isn't as sexy as the shoulder fired missiles but it's a step closer to the loitering munitions drones that are showing up.

Meanwhile, Putin really just did it because he's concerned about cancel culture. Or maybe it's about ethics in Russia journalism.

Putin is making a live address. He's currently whining about how Hollywood refuses to make movies about the Russian contribution to defeating Nazi Germany and claiming "progressives" are trying to "cancel Russia".
    Speaking in a meeting with leading cultural figures broadcast on national television, Putin complained of the cancellation of a number of Russian cultural events in recent weeks and compared it to actions taken by Nazi Germany in the 1930s.

"Not so long ago, the children's writer J.K. Rowling was also cancelled because she ... did not please the fans of so-called gender freedoms," Putin told the meeting, referring to controversy sparked by the "Harry Potter" author's opinions on transgender issues.

"Today they are trying to cancel a whole thousand-year culture, our people," he said. "I am talking about the gradual discrimination against everything linked to Russia."

"The last time such a mass campaign to destroy objectionable literature was carried out, it was by the Nazis in Germany almost 90 years ago," Putin said.

Several events involving Russian cultural figures who have voiced support for the war have been cancelled, including some involving Valery Gergiev, general director of the St. Petersburg Mariinsky Theatre, who spoke to Putin during Friday's meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    The stugna-9 or whatever that can be set up on a tripod and controlled by a laptop isn't as sexy as the shoulder fired missiles but it's a step closer to the loitering munitions drones that are showing up.

Meanwhile, Putin really just did it because he's concerned about cancel culture. Or maybe it's about ethics in Russia journalism.

Speaking in a meeting with leading cultural figures broadcast on national television, Putin complained of the cancellation of a number of Russian cultural events in recent weeks and compared it to actions taken by Nazi Germany in the 1930s.

"Not so long ago, the children's writer J.K. Rowling was also cancelled because she ... did not please the fans of so-called gender freedoms," Putin told the meeting, referring to controversy sparked by the "Harry Potter" author's opinions on transgender issues.

"Today they are trying to cancel a whole thousand-year culture, our people," he said. "I am talking about the gradual discrimination against everything linked to Russia."

"The last time such a mass campaign to destroy objectionable literature was carried out, it was by the Nazis in Germany almost 90 years ago," Putin said.

Several events involving Russian cultural figures who have voiced support for the war have been cancelled, including some involving Valery Gergiev, general director of the St. Petersburg Mariinsky Theatre, who spoke to Putin during Friday's meeting.

Funny. Victims of everyone those Russians.

So sorry to bring him up our former great leader, but you have offered the perfect quote to lead in to this. They replayed a Terry Gross Madeleine Albright (RIP) interview on NPR from 04/03/2018, and she was talking about the steps to authoritarianism, and she added this.

ALBRIGHT: Well, I see it as the most unbelievable step backwards because I do believe that the United States is stronger when we have friends and allies to deal with the various issues, whether they are in area, as we say, members of NATO itself or out of area, whether it's in the Balkans or Afghanistan, that the Europeans and NATO are really part of this incredible alliance that we've had. And I always say, as a European who has spent her life in the United States, I see the Euro-Atlantic Alliance as one of the most important bulwarks of our society. So seeing this go on, I find appalling.

And what is the issue, again, it's this lack of understanding of what this alliance is about. It is not somebody coming to rent hotel rooms to see if they can get the best price or - it is not transactional. It is something that is basic to our system. And so I think one of the parts, though, Terry, is that he's gone back on certain things. So that - he generally has now said that he's supportive of NATO. So one of the parts that's a little bit confusing - what is he really for, what is he against? Is it one of those things where the last person that speaks to him has all the influence?

But I do think that what is going on with Europe and our relationships with Europe are part of the very - you know, are really a big part of the problem in terms of a lack of understanding about America's role. And then one other part I think that is really part of this story is that what Trump is doing is making America seem like a victim. Everything is somebody else's fault. Countries are taking advantage of us. The Mexicans are sending drug dealers. Countries are not paying their dues. The trading system is unfair. And by making Americans seem like victims all the time, it then is able to, again, make the divisions stronger in terms of who's with us, who's not with us, and it's totally anti-American foreign policy. And so I think it's very, very worrisome in terms of this victimhood. I don't see America as a victim. I see America as the most powerful country in the world that has a role to play standing up for democratic ideals and human rights across the board.

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/599120190

Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post

And where is Russian Defense Minister Shoigu anyway? Has he been cancelled too? ... Da, see exact what Lord Pootan mean when say "Cancel"...

The Stugna P has been employed to great effect so far. It tears Russians up in urban combat. Imagine if Tom Hanks had had a couple in Ramelle...
    Only trouble is the guidance controllers are made in Belarus, so Ukraine can't realistically expect to get any more.

Never fear though. The Israelis won the 6-Day war with US wire-guided ATGMs, that's how long we've been in the business. And we got a shitload of them, specifically made to poke holes in Russian tanks.

BTW...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    My bad. Fascism. Trump is going to save and elevate fascism to heights never before seen in history.
    halfway there.

Very brief discussion of what is missing form the Russian tactics in their armored advance by the Commandant of the USMC (Chief of Staff)

This SME's vid is really worth watching to contextualize the vid barrage we have and what you can really conclude (particularly, pushing unsupported armor forward into the teeth of a prepared anti-armor force is going to have results that Hellen Keller could see). He covers some the history of measure/countermeasure.

"Ukraine's 3 to `1 Advantage" - A writeup from Atlantic by a writer who was an intel Marine interviewing another former Marine who is current fighting for Ukrainian Resistance. Excellent read! Discusses the different organizational dynamics and styles of the Russians, Ukranians, and West.

France24 interview with Ukraine Resistance

Future Nuclear 9/11 - RCP/RCD by a true subject matter expert. A worthy read on the non-action and institutional biases against warning the US leadership about a Russian nuclear first strike. A little alarmist, but the guy has a lot of very good points.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    "404 bad request" the link title is intriguing though

hmmm, this work bettter?

https://www.npr.org/live-updates/ukr...le-and-profane

Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, starts her day with a four-letter message to the Russian president.She told Insider that she drinks her morning coffee out of a mug that says "F*** You, Putin."
    "I'm here to tell you that your coffee in the morning tastes so much better in that mug," she said, adding that she ordered them in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Funny. Victims of everyone those Russians.
    If you're not LARP-ing you're doing it wrong /s. In this country we've got bourgeois retirees on ski forums pimping class warfare. Along with American conservatives supporting authoritarian nationalists complaining about Russia getting canceled. So of course Putin is complaining about the West discriminating against Russian culture after invading another country, purposely bombing civilian targets, kidnapping women & children, and setting up internment camps for anyone not deemed pro-Russia in territory it occupies.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Wonder if Russia has universal healthcare?

I think it does
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

And where is Russian Defense Minister Shoigu anyway? Has he been cancelled too?
    He was seen yesterday fwiw https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-a-few-seconds

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Nope, not sure why. Maybe a place to buy those mugs? Theyll sell a boatload im sure. Maria is a nsme we shouldnt forget. Joe should give her a position if he hasnt slready

BTW...
    I was thinking that was going to be some sort of remote control of the helicopter. Nope... full on AI flying that helo. These silly human vs human wars are going to be a thing of the past soon.
    How long until Skynet takes over?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

@ AC: That link ^^ works fine here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    My bad. Fascism. Trump and the GOP are going to save and elevate fascism to heights never before seen in history.
    halfway there.
    100% there now you Cuck.

Meanwhile...
    Russian troops killed one of their own commanders due to the losses being suffered during the invasion of Ukraine, Western officials have said.

It is also believed Vladimir Putin has decided to “pause” his attempt to take Kyiv in order to concentrate his forces on the Donbas region in the east of the country.

Russian troops have unexpectedly “found themselves in a hornets’ nest and are suffering really badly”, a Western official said, leading to widespread morale problems.

As the advance falters, Russian soldiers are said to have killed one of their own senior officers.

“We believe he was killed by his own troops deliberately. Indeed we believe he was run over by his own troops,” an official said.

In addition, another Russian general is believed to have been killed by Ukrainian forces, taking the total since the start of the war to seven.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    100% there now you Cuck.

Meanwhile...
    and by “concentrate troops” they mean “bring in more conscripts with shit provisions”

Russian tv commentary is insanely unhinged