Page 322 of 663 FirstFirst ... 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 16551

Thread: Ukraine

U.S. plans to sell armed drones to Ukraine in coming days

https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...es-2022-06-01/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drone.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	417877

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Yours looks poetic, on the phone it was like reading someone who speaks really slowly. Attachment 417876
    Mine was from my phone as well. iPhone 12 must have a convert to poetry function built in.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post

I’m confused. Article says they’ll sell the drones to UKR, but also has this quote:

Money from the recently passed $40 billion Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative has been set aside to fund both the possible sale and the training needed for the drones”

Which sounds like US would be paying? Or maybe I just don’t have a clue what ‘fund the sale’ actually means?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    John_B prefers the eloquence of Donald J Trump
    Uggh. Far from it. I had the same formatting as Mr. Dejong.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I’m confused. Article says they’ll sell the drones to UKR, but also has this quote:

Money from the recently passed $40 billion Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative has been set aside to fund both the possible sale and the training needed for the drones”

Which sounds like US would be paying? Or maybe I just don’t have a clue what ‘fund the sale’ actually means?
    who cares as long as orcs are getting pasted

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post

Lend lease

Some good news for Ukrainian soccer fans

https://apple.news/A2BAi0hICTH6cX4A3TUfdvg

Good article from the Atlantic. Yes, there is a pay wall. Pay for good journalism.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Wouldn't be surprised if one of Putin's hit squads goes after this British soldier.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-go...115851410.html
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

^^It says at the end that he will have to run for the rest of his life.

I read this morning that Russia has deported/relocated something like 200k kids now. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if one of Putin's hit squads goes after this British soldier.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-go...115851410.html
    guess he'll have to take chechnya off the bucket list.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post

All I got from this is They have been having a lot of success with the Turkish made drones Turkey gave Ukraine. We can’t have Turkish drones getting all the attention. We need to get some American made drones in the spotlight

Maybe it’s just me?

To many Ukrainians getting killed and wounded of late. I’m hearing numbers of over 200 kia. In one day.

We seem really good at keeping the carnage going. What to say
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    All I got from this is They have been having a lot of success with the Turkish made drones Turkey gave Ukraine. We can’t have Turkish drones getting all the attention. We need to get some American made drones in the spotlight

Maybe it’s just me?

To many Ukrainians getting killed and wounded of late. I’m hearing numbers of over 200 kia. In one day.

Perfect opportunity to get some real world military hardware testing in theater.

Re the 200k UA kids, that is some F'd up situation.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Maybe it’s just me?

fuck off with your Tucker dogshit. Russia murders and deports and rapes wherever they go and they keep the carnage going. The only thing limpdick westerners like you keep going is those crimes, more weapons to Ukraine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Perfect opportunity to get some real world military hardware testing in theater.

Re the 200k UA kids, that is some F'd up situation.
    Turkey's drone industry is gonna get much bigger after this. I hope we're doing the same to get testing information. Though I suspect we are too focused on the big expensive drones.

MTT, the single thing that would reduce the killing the fastest is if Russians go back to Russia. Ukraine's not invading Russia.

It is perplexing how some ignore the now documented fact Russia is inciting genocide as a matter of policy in Ukraine with an “intent to destroy” the Ukrainian people. The killing doesn't stop even if Ukraine stops fighting.

why the poor and rural choose to get their foreign affairs news from a bow tie wearing trust funder who defends himself in court by saying his broadcasted statements are not meant to be taken as true will always perplex me.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    why the poor and rural choose to get their foreign affairs news from a bow tie wearing trust funder who defends himself in court by saying his broadcasted statements are not meant to be taken as true will always perplex me.
    Same reason they support Trump I suppose. Whatever that is.

Politics as a Horseshoe are at play on this one. Leftists are off in their nutty little alternate universe arguing Ukraine is fighting Russia because America is forcing them to.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Politics as a Horseshoe are at play on this one. Leftists are off in their nutty little alternate universe arguing Ukraine is fighting Russia because America is forcing them to.
    bunny said that but not any prominent leftists like aoc. easy to find rw people in congress saying it tho. perhaps glenn greenwald and matt taibbi are simply part of the right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    bunny said that but not any prominent leftists.
    Was he a leftist? Or just a grumpy old contrarian with a grudge against everything.

I always thought that his vitriol could just as easily swing to be behind Trump as it was with Bernie and that there wasn't any great dogma behind any of his bluster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

i agree, i was just taking issue with some both-sidesism

I was referring to how be continue to dole out enough equipment to the Ukrainians to just keep them in the fight But at a heavy cost. We don’t just give them what they need to decisevly run the Russians out of the country before they blow the shit out of everyone and everything

Kinda discusses me. Just this week. No long range rockets for Ukraine. Russia starts gaining ground Ohh. I guess we’ll send medium range rockets. And while you wait for them. Just gut it out and try not to all get killed. And ohh well on the big manufacturer leveled in the city
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    i agree, i was just taking issue with some both-sidesism
    Among others, leftists like Noam Chomsky are pretty vocal in blaming the United States for Russia's actions. They're all over social media. At the risk of starting a discussion that has no business in this thread, even though it has become common for many to refer to Democrats as 'leftists' it's not a very accurate description in the way the term is traditionally understood.

I was referring to how be continue to dole out enough equipment to the Ukrainians to just keep them in the fight But at a heavy cost. We don’t just give them what they need to decisevly run the Russians out of the country before they blow the shit out of everyone and everything
    What would that be, MTT? Just what does it take to decisively run the Russians out of Ukraine?

Kinda discusses me. Just this week. No long range rockets for Ukraine. Russia starts gaining ground Ohh. I guess we’ll send medium range rockets. And while you wait for them. Just gut it out and try not to all get killed. And ohh well on the big manufacturer leveled in the city
    What can they hit with long range rockets that they can't hit with medium range rockets?