Page 313 of 658 FirstFirst ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 16431

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Ya know, most of the time you frustrate me but you just said a bunch of good shit and said it well. "actively divided" Onward ...
    Hey even a blind nut finds a squirrel sometimes.... errr. I for sure said a bunch of shit, glad you found some value in it.

Unfortunately most would rather embrace their ego and find things to condescend about others than embrace personal and collective responsibility.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I know, but it's supposed to be a still from Russian (they claim, at least) video, so what sense does that caption make? And even if they stole the whole thing including the captions from the Ukrainians, that caption still doesn't make much sense to me. It makes more sense as a third-party analysis of the results.
    Seems like a translational error.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Seems like we have an ask from Turkey:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5F9B31CD-5C36-45B8-9265-DB5F22B8384C.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	310.0 KB 
ID:	416553

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/statu...-EkcD0f8NrL2sg

I know, but it's supposed to be a still from Russian (they claim, at least) video, so what sense does that caption make? And even if they stole the whole thing including the captions from the Ukrainians, that caption still doesn't make much sense to me. It makes more sense as a third-party analysis of the results.
    there was third party analysis doing exactly that, with that verbiage. Russia doesn’t always try very hard with their propaganda, they don’t have to for their market.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    there was third party analysis doing exactly that, with that verbiage. Russia doesn’t always try very hard with their propaganda, they don’t have to for their market.

It's like Pootin could literally shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue, and get away with it!

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Seems like we have an ask from Turkey:

Name:	5F9B31CD-5C36-45B8-9265-DB5F22B8384C.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	310.0 KB 
ID:	416553

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/statu...-EkcD0f8NrL2sg
    Erdogan knows they have a lot of geopolitical power with the Bosporus. Not to mention sitting on the doorstep to the ME. I guess the Finnas and Swedes could be the founding members of the Northern North Atlantic Treaty Org.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Wow, Azovstal fighter apparently being evacuated:

Name:	224B8EAC-89E2-47EA-AAE5-036B0FE97D21.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	591.3 KB 
ID:	416585

https://twitter.com/iaponomarenko/st...TVTMOknGwKTQSw

Sorry. Should have read closer. This may be being ‘evacuated’, not actually evacuated. Apparently wounded soldiers being taken to a hospital in Russian occupied UKR territory.

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Wow, Azovstal fighter apparently being evacuated:

Name:	224B8EAC-89E2-47EA-AAE5-036B0FE97D21.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	591.3 KB 
ID:	416585

https://twitter.com/iaponomarenko/st...TVTMOknGwKTQSw

Sorry. Should have read closer. This may be being ‘evacuated’, not actually evacuated. Apparently wounded soldiers being taken to a hospital in Russian occupied UKR territory.
    Update:

Name:	522971D7-68DE-4A5A-AE02-411910400231.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	313.2 KB 
ID:	416599

https://twitter.com/iaponomarenko/st...sWbYhUkmC1AZzg

It's humor in reference to the "not great, not terrible" meme. The original source for the "not great, not terrible" meme was the Chernobyl series.

I'm pretty bad at finding things a second time on Twitter, but I believe I saw that captioned photo almost a week ago showing all of those Russian vehicles.

So just calling them Ukrainian seems surprisingly lazy, but if you listen to the voice on that video it sounds like they also had the copy read by an AI. Which Russia built and made available free online years ago to help promote creation of fake English-language news content for YouTube.

We've been at war for a while but losing is making them really busy.

"President Putin is making low-level tactical decisions that would normally be decided by an officer in charge of as few as 700 Russian troops, western military sources say."

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 11.58.44 PM.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	416647

"Mit dem Angriff Steiners wird das alles in Ordnung kommen."

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    "President Putin is making low-level tactical decisions that would normally be decided by an officer in charge of as few as 700 Russian troops, western military sources say."

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 11.58.44 PM.jpg 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	416647

"Mit dem Angriff Steiners wird das alles in Ordnung kommen."

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Does anyone in this thread, or even anyone that any of you actually know, admit to supporting Putin and wanting the US to be more like his version of Russia?

Cus you guys keep saying thats a thing, and I've yet to see it. I do see people who worry about escalation or how much the US is spending on this being accused of it, but I have never in my life met a US citizen that says anything good about Putin. I'm sure theres a few nutjobs on twitter that you could dredge up to prove me wrong, but anyone on TGR or anyone any of you actually know?

What I see is an increasingly polarized USA where both sides seem increasingly distrustful and downright paranoid of the other side, often with little basis in reality.
    uh, one side tried to violently overthrow the government and a freedfairbelection to keep their side in Power. maybe you missed it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post

Name:	lukash-1024x538.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	338.1 KB 
ID:	416662

The cracks appear on russian tv as the spin doctors run out of spin

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/st...iPPbGMRdqslwyg

Name:  Francis-Scarr-on-Twitter-In-an-extremely-rare-moment-of-candour-on-Russian-state-TV-today-defenc.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  77.5 KB

Under the umbrella of Putin spin from the Economist

https://www.economist.com/interactiv...the-putin-show

Name:	The-Putin-Show-The-Economist.jpg 
Size:	307.8 KB 
ID:	416675

Thanks, I watched the 6 min version of that video. So why is the Kremlin allowing this level of truth in a major broadcast? First step in preparing public for a ‘revised’ strategy?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Name:  f9fefdfa2cf7fba09ed5c9fc721e1df3.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  52.0 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Thanks, I watched the 6 min version of that video. So why is the Kremlin allowing this level of truth in a major broadcast? First step in preparing public for a ‘revised’ strategy?
    Yeah managing expectations is probably a big part of it. Even though Russia is controlled by an authoritarian regime it's not North Korea. The Kremlin still has to manage and respond to public opinion.

Counterintuitively repressive regimes can strengthen their control by allowing the appearance of dissenting opinions. From the Kremlin's perspective floating a trial balloon about the war not going according to plan allows it to detect danger based on public response. It helps the Kremlin craft a more effective message.

The second thing it does is ensure there's no unified anti-war public voice. If the Kremlin denies reality for too long its propaganda losses all effectiveness. Presenting an alternative point of view at a time when support for the war among the public is still high preemptively disorganizes and identifies opposition.

Most of all what the Kremlin doesn't want is negative information flowing horizontally between citizens. They don't want mass anti-war movements. They want the information to flow vertically so that even if individual Russians oppose the war they're not collectively blaming the regime en masse.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...tm_name=iossmf

“The ombudswoman's hotline for free psychological assistance receives reports of sexual crimes committed by the occupiers. In May 17 alone, the victims made 56 calls, including on the rape of children.

This was stated by the Verkhovna Rada Commissioner for Human Rights Lyudmila Denisova.

She noted that after the liberation from the occupiers of cities and villages of Kharkiv region, most calls to the psychological help line have been received from there during the last week.

According to Denisova, 10 people applied for sexual violence in one hour on May 17. Among them are 8 minors, including two 10-year-old boys.

The Commissioner spoke about several appeals: “Triplets are 9 years old, girls. Raped by rashists, have severe genital injuries. All this in front of her mother, she is in shock. The mother, in whose eyes her nine-month-old daughter was raped by candlelight, turned. A one-year-old boy was raped by two people and died. "

Denisova also said that two occupiers raped a two-year-old girl. She survived. Raped men aged 67 and 78 also applied.

"This is the genocide of the Ukrainian people with special cruelty! This is a violation not only of the norms of international humanitarian law, but also of its very essence, the morals of the civilized world , "the commissioner said.”

The crimes being reported are almost beyond belief.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fucking disgusting. I think I posted about that a couple weeks back and Benny was being an Putin apologist about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Fucking disgusting. I think I posted about that a couple weeks back and Benny was being an Putin apologist about it.

Bunny being someone who condones pedophilia may explain it

So, the writing is a little..,flowery, but this is an interesting read.

https://thedebrief.org/know-no-mercy...by-themselves/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident