Page 251 of 664 FirstFirst ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 16600

Thread: Ukraine

Holy shit. This seems to have really happened.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...5JnAm5bdQ&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    There are 435 voting members of the House, and 100 Senators....Who are the 137 that didn't get sanctioned by the Dark Lord?
    I'll say .... the ones who voted against certifying the 2020 POTUS election results?

Who do I have to give a handy to to get sanctioned??

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I'll say .... the ones who voted against certifying the 2020 POTUS election results?

Who do I have to give a handy to to get sanctioned??
    some of them were already sanctioned I think, several are dead so not sanctioned, and otherwise it might just be a tit for tat numerical sanction based on alphabetical order of the name translation into cyrillic

there are a number of trumpets on the list Boebert, cawthorne, Greene, massie- goehmert I didn’t find

Awesome news.

Fuck Putin. And fuck Russian warships.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

He's got really neat handwriting.

Ukraine

Leak shows famous Russian hacker group gives bonuses and has 'employees of the month'

“Glory to Ukraine”

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/14/cont...pyToPasteboard

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Neat if true... Neptunes have a 150kg warhead so two of them is probably a mission kill, but unless they hit the right spot or Russian DC sucks, it'll just limp/tow to Sevastapol. The more remarkable thing is getting two hits on a cruiser that is supposedly bristling with missile defense guns and missiles without launching a saturation attack (or maybe they did?).
    From this
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RALee85/s...98732611211271
    And this
    https://mobile.twitter.com/mdmitri91...60989315129355

Moskva was providing air defense for a frigate that was tracking and shooting missiles at a Ukrainian TB2. Guess they got so focused on the drone they didn’t see or hear the warnings of “incoming!”

This one make it here yet?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harhar.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	413053

It is really hard to believe how absolutely inept the Russian military is consistently proving to be. I keep waiting for the "gotcha" moment, but a flagship cruiser isn't exactly a pawn.

Again, imagine how quickly NATO would mop the floor. Pootie has got to feel cornered and that's not good.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

This is fucking hilarious (not sure how to embed)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...eb2x&context=3
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That's too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    This one make it here yet?

Name:	harhar.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	413053
    *after successfully destroying Ukrainian missiles with its hull. (Stolen from that Reddit thread lol)

I follow the Moskva
    As it’s tugged into port
    Listing with the winds of change

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I mean, the name of the ship is the "Moscow", that's gotta sting.

Rename it Putin Port..

Are pictures of ventilated warship floating around? Haven't seen any in the usual places.

Ukraine

I think it was intercepted comms confirmed the hit and subsequent fire on board.

Can you imagine US forces communications being intercepted at this rate in a combat theatre? Lol. Can you imagine a US navy cruiser taking a missile hit because her crew was distracted by an aircraft? Like, where the hell is the rest of the flotilla? Their shit is just so Soviet. Just so fucking thrown together with fucking manhole covers and lawnmower engines it’s fucking laughable. They got a lot of it though.

I’m of course not forgetting that they have brilliant rocket scientists and nuke tipped ICBMs but just sayin’

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Lol. Can you imagine a US navy cruiser taking a missile hit because her crew was distracted by an aircraft?
    Uhh, actually I can. I was onboard a Navy destroyer in the Persian Gulf when the USS Stark got hit by 2 cruise missiles. Everyone was looking out for Iran, why would Iraq launch missiles at us ? They were our friends...

Having said that, the Ukrainian attack on the Moskva was brilliant, and will be studied and taught at the Naval War College.

Fuck Putin !

Name:	Image1649952007.490291.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	413078

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

There are around 65 Russian BTGs (Battalion Tactical Groups) remaining in Ukraine right now, mainly in the south and east according US defense officials. Russia amassed 130 BTG's prior to the invasion. 30 were made entirely combat ineffective. An estimated 80 BTGs can be made available by combining /reconstituting various units so that means Russia is down ~50 BTGs since the 'Special Military Operation' started.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Uhh, actually I can. I was onboard a Navy destroyer in the Persian Gulf when the USS Stark got hit by 2 cruise missiles. Everyone was looking out for Iran, why would Iraq launch missiles at us ? They were our friends...

Name:	Image1649952007.490291.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	2.56 MB 
ID:	413078
    Holy shit, that must have been a rough day. Rough few days.

Ukraine

So it’s not confirmed to be a Ukrainian missile hit on the Moskva but they have confirmed that it was badly damaged. Russia says fire Ukraine says missile.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61103927.amp

As far as the USS Stark goes it just seems different to me since she wasn’t conducting offensive maneuvers against a current combatant. Surprise attack by what may have even been a retrofitted civilian jet, I dunno… that was definitely a crazy deal as yeah they probably could have shot down the attack jet before it launches the missiles.

That article above does say that the Moskva has some crazy kind of defense system:

“The cruiser is equipped with a triple-tiered air defence system that if operating properly should give it three opportunities to defend itself from a Neptune missile attack.
    In addition to medium- and short-range defences, it can engage six short-range close-in weapon systems (CIWS) as a last resort.
    "The Moskva should have 360-degree anti-air defence coverage. The CIWS system can fire 5,000 rounds in a minute, essentially creating a wall of flak around the cruiser, its last line of defence," Mr Bentham said.”

Met with my Russian buddy yesterday. The train he took from St Petersburg connecting to the Helsinki airport was full, all flying out and likely not coming back. Some were afraid of the draft, even the older folks. There are many ways in and out of Russia, Turkey, Armenia, Serbia, etc. The train from to/from China is overbooked forever. Sanctions, while hurting some specific industries or products, are generally being circumvented, albeit with multiple logistical problems.

He said the people are essentially waiting for a hero to step up and put an end to Putin. The populace that "supports" him is mostly rural, older, isolated people with no access to anything other than TV or radio. The BBC wartime programming is back, and some still have shortwave radios, but even then, with the news being so contradictory and depressing, they just stop listening. Something similar happens with the internet, most international news sources are available, and VPN's are used for those that are not, but some people can`t take the truth.

According to him, the war would be over the minute Putin dies. But even his generals do not get near him. The snipers that ring him are "supervised" by a second ring of "enforcers", as in "Shoot only when you should or die". His paranoia is total, and it is widely understood that he is psychiatrically unstable, with the isolation of the past 2 years having shifted his conceptual continuity into another dimension. The visit from Nehammer was basically to try to ensure Putin was receiving the correct information about the war, given the bubble he is living in. Apparently almost nobody really knows where his current bunker is.

Morale in the army is fatally low. Old hardware and software, minimal supplies of food and fuel, fierce resistance, disorganization, "didn`t sign up to kill the neighbors", constant loss of close friends. He says some just throw off the uniform and walk back to Russia.

Brutal.

A trillion dollars: That’s how much money famed investor Bill Browder believes Vladimir Putin and Russian oligarchs have stolen from the Russian people since the fall of the Soviet Union.

“Everyone tries to think about Russia as a sovereign state and Putin as a leader acting in national interest, You think you can apply political science to Russia. You need to apply criminal science. You need to be a criminologist to understand Russia. People don’t go into government to serve the country. They go into government to steal money.”

Browder is especially withering when it comes to the Western attorneys, bankers and publicists who help Putin’s oligarchs hide their ill-gotten gains, sue investigative journalists into submission and burnish their blood-spattered records with favorable coverage.

There could be only one motive for Western firms to do business with the Kremlin, Browder believes. “They’re just a bunch of greedy bastards that are trying to make as much money as possible,” he said, alluding to the legal travails of British journalist Catherine Belton, who was sued for reporting on Kremlin corruption. “They don’t care who they’re working for.”

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-nemesis...090014724.html