Page 171 of 663 FirstFirst ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 16551

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Poland was never divided. Germany was.
    Godamn it Abraham, it was partitioned! Partitioned! Not divided!

bunny doing bunny things

Molotov - Von Ribbentrop Pact - agreement between Hitler/Stalin partitioned Poland and they jointly invaded.
    Germany then took it all, then Russia took it all. 90% of Polish Jews and 20% of Poles died.
    Then Russia "gave" some of it "back," but oppressively dominated Poland through... the Warsaw Pact

Funny thing... Joachim Von Ribbentrop was tried at Nuremburg and executed as a war criminal, Molotov was not... even though the Finns named the Molotov Cocktail after their defense against Molotov's predatory and militaristically aggressive wars of expansion, he defended Stalinism to his death.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Maybe the poor misunderstood Russians just need a little bit of 'living room' and then they won't bother anyone again.
    Lebensraum didn't work out so well for the Germans.

Poland was never divided. Germany was.
    Ok, then. Moving right along.

If Ireland ever goes on the attack it will be for Lebensraum for Leprechauns.

A moving military line does not make a divided nation. A Berlin Wall does.

A moving military line does not make a divided nation. A Berlin Wall does.
    I’m pretty sure that wall divided a city, not a country.

Thinking you need a wall for a functional border to exist is, well, Trumpian.

The older generation knows deprivation, but, I'm guessing the younger 20-40 year olds who are the dynamic workers in this new economy aren't too familiar with standing in line for bread. So, more brain drain.
    What deprivation have you suffered?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    What deprivation have you suffered?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    O2 to the brain at birth?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    If Ireland ever goes on the attack it will be for Lebensraum for Leprechauns.
    I fear that day. I see them sliding down rainbows, pot of Gold Bombardements, making everyone wear Green, forcing us to drink beer every day and making hillary Clinton president. A truly horrible future, which can only be prevented if we vote for Trump in 2024. Benny, our local ancient Greek Oracle, told me so.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    O2 to the brain at birth?
    I'd pay 37 bucks a month to see you, dunfree and benny move into a tiktok house and argue shirtless while stepping out of elevators all day.

Edit: some dark and angry and arrogant Version of the elevator boys
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pnpatSMqk5k

From google: A sovereign nation is a nation that has one centralized government that has the power to govern a specific geographic area. Under the definition set by international law, a sovereign nation has a defined territory with just one government.

Dude...

I’m pretty sure that wall divided a city, not a country.

Thinking you need a wall for a functional border to exist is, well, Trumpian.
    I guess you've never heard of East and West Germany.

Oh I have, but I’m pretty sure the Berlin Wall didn’t run the length of the border between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I'd pay 37 bucks a month to see you, dunfree and benny move into a tiktok house and argue shirtless while stepping out of elevators all day.
    It’s going to take a whole lot more cash than that to rent a house with an elevator, and to get me to take my shirt off.

I guess you never considered the symbolic power of that wall. It's a little complicated for you, of course

I guess you never considered the symbolic power of that wall. It's a little complicated for you, of course
    I was raised not to worship false idols. Sorry that you can’t say the same for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I fear that day. I see them sliding down rainbows, pot of Gold Bombardements, making everyone wear Green, forcing us to drink beer every day and making hillary Clinton president. A truly horrible future, which can only be prevented if we vote for Trump in 2024. Benny, our local ancient Greek Oracle, told me so.
    I'm all for it, L4L '24!

Power? For whom? All that wall symbolized was that it was so shitty in the East that they had to build a wall with mines and machine guns to keep the people in. It wasn't some bold statement, it was a prison wall.

Seeing the wall in person, going through the east German checkpoints was educational for this long haired HS kid from VT. Unfortunately I think an old roommate stole my expired passport with the DDR entry and exit stamps.

Fun fact- i have a piece of the berlin wall, even though it didnt stretch across the country

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Power? For whom? All that wall symbolized was that it was so shitty in the East that they had to build a wall with mines and machine guns to keep the people in.

Pretty much. Still worked, though.

Pretty good health care, though.

Oh I have, but I’m pretty sure the Berlin Wall didn’t run the length of the border between the two.
    It’s going to take a whole lot more cash than that to rent a house with an elevator, and to get me to take my shirt off.
    Not understanding what the situation was does not make you dumb. Just misinformed. There was a fence and guards that separated east and west Germany. I was at places like Fulda gap. It was very real. Berlin was inside East Germany and had a wall running through it. Fuckin weird. Fences and walls to keep people in more than out.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I was raised not to worship false idols. Sorry that you can’t say the same for yourself.
    You're dumb.

Of course not only a wall. They had 1400km of wall, two fences, and a fun death stripe! Good times!

Seen from our side the wall was deep on communist territory so they didn'tget any ideas:

1-3 are the Western German border protection measures: some Markers, some stones and an invisible line on the real border
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220317-223823_Firefox.jpeg 
Views:	94 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	409875

If you guys could get to work on a death stripe around Russia that would be great. Thanks.