Page 241 of 656 FirstFirst ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,025 of 16378

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    that is a bit of an oversimplification. Some parts of the economy a dependant on Gas, e.g. chemical Industry and Germany relies on GAS to buffer electricity production as well.
    I mean in the US people are bitching about GAS, as in car fuel, prices (which is the least of the problems) and Germany's economy could face a depression of a bigger magnitude than 2008. So the US would stall as well if millions of Jobs and having electricity in the evening were at stake. And the repercussions (stopped ammonia production at BASF for example) would cause even graver problems. I don't think you'd like a 1929ish destabilised Germany and a world wide famine (which has already been a problem of the decrease in ammonia production in 2021) that much i guess
    Yeah, I understand it’s more complicated than that simple quote, but would like to see more urgency on Germany’s part. Best course of action would have been to not become so reliant on Russia in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Best course of action would have been to not become so reliant on Russia in the first place
    Easy to say. Not so easy to have not done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Easy to say. Not so easy to have not done.
    Not phasing out their nuclear power plants would have made a bit of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    This DW doc is very good at showing how these Russian pricks are operating in Georgia:

Russian imperialists continuously stealing Georgia one piece at a time. Putin's been at war against Europe for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Not phasing out their nuclear power plants would have made a bit of a difference.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Yep
    And the previous administration abandoning the Iran nuclear deal helped solidify Russian energy influence in Europe.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Lvovsky View Post
    nice to see they got suspended from the UN Human Rights Council
    not surprised at the list of voters
    https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/04/1115782

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    decline further into irrelevancy.
    Feeling introspective?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Always projection with fascist apologists

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Benny has a vision of a heroically stoic Russian population that will endure any hardship and fight any battle in defense of the motherland. I don't think it exists.

In defense of the motherland… maybe. I wouldn’t bet on the visitors. To conquer more territory, nyet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ well the sanctions, western support for Ukraine, etc. are being fed to their people as an attack on an innocent Russia, something they have to band together and dig deep to survive.

Why our PR doesn't make a better effort at distinguishing and contrasting the great Russian achievements in literature, science, music and dance with what Putin is doing to Russia is a mystery.

Russia did a great job at leveraging social media to tear apart the USA.

We need to return the effort in kind.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    ^^ well the sanctions, western support for Ukraine, etc. are being fed to their people as an attack on an innocent Russia, something they have to band together and dig deep to survive.
    Sanctions have proven over and over to be very ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Why our PR doesn't make a better effort at distinguishing and contrasting the great Russian achievements in literature, science, music and dance with what Putin is doing to Russia is a mystery.

Yup

Ya except all the eastern block countries, east germany, iran, south africa, etc etc etc. Fuck youre dense

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Sanctions have proven over and over to be very ineffective.
    I've read this several times from the apologista but show me a comparable case. Even North Korea has never been sanctioned by its neighbor and largest trading partner. Iran and Syria have had plenty of people willing to take their money all along. Cuba - is it even sanctions if everyone but the US ignores them?

Trade embargoes and blockades go back thousands of years but I guess they were always a waste of time? Jefferson Davis and General Lee might not agree.

What about Uncle Jesse?

Why our PR doesn't make a better effort at distinguishing and contrasting the great Russian achievements in literature, science, music and dance with what Putin is doing to Russia is .

Because the lands of Goethe, Goedel, Beethoven and Bach produced mass murderers too.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Benny has a vision of a heroically stoic Russian population that will endure any hardship and fight any battle in defense of the motherland. I don't think it exists.
    bunny knows who it is - the toothless dumbass geriatric babushkas addicted to propaganda he nails

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Because the lands of Goethe, Goedel, Beethoven and Bach produced mass murderers too.
    true, but irrelevant in this context.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Journalism isn't dead yet:

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Journalism isn't dead yet:

Moscow Mitch.

What the hell. Good journalism but he’d of been better off interviewing a brick wall.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

We used to be great at rhis, but at the end of the Cold War we shut down the US Information Agency. We have struggled ever since in global messaging, especially when targeting the general population of adversaries.

true, but irrelevant in this context.
    Present-day Germany is a riddle for friend and foe alike. How did the land “of poets and thinkers” become the land of organized and systematized barbarism? How could in a country that centuries ago produced one of the first European revolutionaries, Thomas Münzer, in a country whose best sons Goethe and Hegel, Marx and Engels were leading pioneers of world progress, how could a Hitler rule unhindered? How could an individual so spiritually inferior and so morally depraved become the leader and role model of such a great people, whose behavior in war shows particularly clearly that its masses have submitted to this leadership? From the very beginning, the Hitler regime displayed such concentrated and extreme barbaric cruelty, such a lust for evil that it by far exceeded and overshadowed any previous reactionary system. This character of Hitlerism is even more pronounced in war. The disregard for human beings,
    https://www.marxists.org/archive/luk...ethe-hegel.htm

that’s from 1942 - the question is hard