Page 215 of 656 FirstFirst ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 16378

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Have you considered the benefits of releasable pole straps?
    Sounds like a polarizing conversation. Which is bad, mmmkay?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Since when is wealth more important than people?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Then Show us a map of people who have (unfiltered) access to Information and their opinion on the russian Invasion. In %.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Then Show us a map of people who have (unfiltered) access to Information and their opinion on the russian Invasion. In %.
    Nobody has the first.

I don't really know wtf this is or what the context is but I found this on reddit. https://files.catbox.moe/iblm3k.mp4

Supposedly ukranians shooting prisoners who have their hands tied. Not a fun watch. Opinions?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

@BP: Russia would be on that map too, I don't know what it would prove. This war is white people killing white people and white people are the most upset. Go figure.

Since the price of weapons came up. Ukraine bought 5000 of these for 25million Euros. ( RGW 90 HH Matador, accordingto German media) which is absurdly cheap in my opinion? Can someone chime in on the Costs of anti tank weapons...5k per weapon? Are "our" weapons that cheap compared to the 80k per shot (the number debated here) of a javelin? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cropped-DSC_1964_LRMP.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	411068

Difference between an advanced bazooka and a (self) guided missile. Cheaper, but less protective of the guy who pulls the trigger.

Thats not a javelin. We also probably gave them a deal. Thats a direct fire missle with less payload than the indirect fire and forget style.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

To throw a bone to small arms, history has shown they are super effective against fuel tankers. Ukraine seems to be doing a good job of stopping the tankers, though I haven't seen any evidence of it being from small arms on twitters. Harder to document than a neat missile strike from a drone but pretty intuitive, no? Spray tanker with a few bullets, even one bullet. Tanker leaks.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Whatever it is, love to have one on a swivel mount on the roof of my car sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    So they can shoot themselves if they have to listen to one more armchair guerilla.
    This is why we need a like button

Difference between an advanced bazooka and a (self) guided missile. Cheaper, but less protective of the guy who pulls the trigger.
    Aah...makes sense. Thanks. I just thought made in Germany wouldn't stand for quality anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    This is the map of the U.N. General Assembly vote condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine:
    Name:  Screen-Shot-2022-03-08-at-1.54.20-PM.png
Views: 638
Size:  379.0 KB

The media is not surprisingly Eurocentric. Some of the poorer countries on your map don't have credible news outlets of their own. Just as Russia has RT in Eurocentric countries, Russia also has state-funded media in places like Africa and Indonesia. Russia also offers scholarships to study in Russia along with a number of other soft power outreach programs.

A lot of the reasons for pro-Russian positions in other countries are not so different from American anti-anti-Putin positions:

1. Russian state funded media
    2. An anti-American and anti-western attitude in society
    3. American and western hypocrisy i.e. not supporting Palestine
    4. A preference for “strong” leaders
    5. Religion (Putin is seen as its defender) in revolt against pluralistic multicultural societies

It is important to emphasize that it is possible to criticize Western hypocrisy while also opposing Russia’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I don't really know wtf this is or what the context is but I found this on reddit. https://files.catbox.moe/iblm3k.mp4

Supposedly ukranians shooting prisoners who have their hands tied. Not a fun watch. Opinions?
    original source of that video has a history of Kremlin disinfo. regardless, it should be investigated.

Follow along here: https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/sta...02623252750341
    warning: lotsa images of brutality

In a once "perfect world" I was lucky to be a peace, love, dope, skibum, but sadly I've never been under any illusions for need of the "civilized western world" to maintain a robust military, nor of the true costs & brutality of war. I was born during a brief period of time in the 20th century when US troops weren't actively in a public shooting war, but at a time and location where "World Peace" was at it most tenuous. When war is in your court, It doesn't take much exposure to such horrors for someone to become a vengeful, brutal beast. It's only the most organized, disciplined militaries that can even attempt to keep a lid on such atrocities. (plenty of examples throughout the history of warfare where troops went full berserk) Somehow there's a lot of people who seem to believe War is either football with rules, timeouts and shit or have a little benny temper tantrum and take the ball home. For those who talk of revolution and armed insurrection, you really have no idea of how big the hammer that your Government's military has if it decides it needs to hit some nails. Those "lost wars" were because the ratio of troop/civilian losses became unpalatable, not from its inability to inflict massive carnage. Regardless of what we think, Humans as a whole really haven't evolved much. End Rant.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Worth remembering that many war crimes allow for execution under the Geneva Convention, too. Pearls: prepare to be clutched.

Worth remembering that many war crimes allow for execution under the Geneva Convention, too. Pearls: prepare to be clutched.
    No pearls were clutched in the filming of this execution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	161229073208-03-iraqi-voices-saddam-execution.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	455.0 KB 
ID:	411080
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Note for Leroy: consider who gains by putting that video out. The Russians use that to scare their own troops so they won't just surrender at the first opportunity. Conversely, there is no advantage to putting that out for Ukraine. How did the Russian mouthpieces come by that? Possibly from their friendly "everything is a false flag operation" handlers?

Swapping uniforms with the prisoners before you execute them and hand the video to RT et al would be a good strategy for Russia. Call me crazy, but one side has demonstrated media savvy and the other wants to live and die by poorly-disguised accusations of (and actual) false-flag attacks. Be wary.

Not going well for the Orc Army...

https://old.reddit.com/r/CombatFoota...ration_of_the/

FWIW Svengali's twitter thread notes the 'prisoners' appear to be shot in the leg (not executed), a number of elements appear staged, everyone is speaking Russian with a Russian accent, and the video is published by a Russian propagandist.

https://twitter.com/Ars_Faivre/statu...36906088636423

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Our words do not exist in a vacuum. Polarization is a problem in our country that we cannot take lightly. Anyone with a functioning cranium can also see the problems with biden including conflict of interest in many ways and immorality with children. You are not serving this country by furthering this stupid division. Smugly judging people for voting for the giant douche when your only other choice was a turd sandwhich hardly seems productive, although it can be personally emotionally gratifying.
    However, the likelihood of the Turd Sandwich orchestrating an attempt at seditiously overthrowing a fair election would have been exactly Zero. And some of us saw that potential in Trump from the very, very beginning. I consider the whole thing to have been an episode of mass delusion.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    FWIW Svengali's twitter thread notes the 'prisoners' appear to be shot in the leg (not executed), a number of elements appear staged, everyone is speaking Russian with a Russian accent, and the video is published by a Russian propagandist.

Surprise Surprise Surprise
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Russian remote land mine layer in action in Ukraine:

https://old.reddit.com/r/CombatFoota...ing_system_at/

From comments:
    There are two types of mines used by this system:

• antipersonnel mines POM-2

https://youtu.be/fB-EWt68YmQ

• antitank mines PTM-3

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PTM-3_mine
    https://img.allzip.org/g/216/orig/8361749.jpg

Each missile drops a few dozen of these POM-2 kid toys, which set themselves up and deploy trip wires...

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post