Page 214 of 656 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 16378

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    My question is what kind of broken toy looks at what's in happening Ukraine and thinks we could do that in America too?

Even though it's mostly asinine online LARPing it happens every single time there's any sort of conflict Sure, in movies like LotR or on TV like GoT people are racist against orcs and Whit Walkers. That's the point. It's just fantasy. The idea that there are creatures who are just bad is a fantasy that appeals to many. It's fun. As long as people recognize that, and know the difference between fantasy & reality, it's fine...
    I think you have a very fundamental misunderstanding of these statements. I think you're inserting an eagerness or fantasy where there is only historical observation.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

You're wrong. It's not historical observation. People, including you, routinely argue they could totally destroy half the country because they would be "on the right side of history anyways." I mean this is a thread about Ukraine and all you want to talk about is tyranny in America and overthrowing the American government.

^ The people who seem turned on by it just seem mad history hasn’t lined up with their personal fantasy to cosplay as operators/liberators/rescuers/leaders.

Most (not all) seem unsuccessful in modern society - the fantasy to move into an “alpha dog” position in the world is the result.

You're wrong. It's not historical observation. People, including you, routinely argue they could totally destroy half the country because they would be "on the right side of history anyways."
    You're taking what I said out of context and you know it. At least you should. Its a pretty severe distortion and I get the feeling its more from a deliberate unwillingness to discuss something in good faith rather than you possessing a childs reading comprehension. I doubt you're an idiot. Just intelectually dishonest. This is getting dumb again I'm out.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

There is no good faith to be had because it's all you want to talk about even though everyone has already heard it a million times. People are bored by your appropriately user-named NPC's whiny “me! me! me!” narcissism....

There is no good faith to be had because it's all you want to talk about even though everyone has already heard it a million times. People are bored by your appropriately user-named NPC's whiny “me! me! me!” narcissism....
    You might consider the reason you even view so many other people in that was is because you're basically not willing to view people you disagree with with the respect to think they might be anything other than backwards drooling inbred idiots, and that probably extends beyond the reletively small community of backwards drooling inbred idiots.

In other news, I saw on reddit that one big struggle with ressuply for putin is that a lot of the high priced optics and doo dads on a lot of the stuff has been stolen while in storage.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    You might consider the reason you even view so many other people in that was is because you're basically not willing to view people you disagree with with the respect to think they might be anything other than backwards drooling inbred idiots, and that probably extends beyond the reletively small community of backwards drooling inbred idiots.

Wait, you mean like the 70 plus MILLION morons who were duped, and voted for…uhh…rhymes with Grump?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I don't care who he voted for and I didn't say he was a drooling inbred idiot. I said he's a whiny “me! me! me!” NPC narcissist, a person who pathologically tries to make every discussion about himself.

At the OscarsName:  20220326_195538.jpeg
Views: 477
Size:  42.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Remind us again what weapons we have been sending to Ukraine and the weapons most asked for by Ukraine. I don’t recall a lot of talk about how what they really need is more semi-auto AR’s. Also, I see very few reports touting the effectiveness of small arms. It is mostly about complex weapons systems. If Ukraine only had access to small arms, how different do you think this conflict would be right now?
    How many people do you know that have gone back to Ukraine since the conflict started?

How different do you think this conflict would be if Ukraine DIDN'T have access to small arms?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Wait, you mean like the 70 plus MILLION morons who were duped, and voted for…uhh…rhymes with Grump?
    Man, this is hardly intellectually honest and you know it. Thats like saying I actually like biden just because I voted for him. Personally I am pretty sure we all know the reason the vast majority of americans vote for a president isn't becaues they love their guy, its because they choose they choice thats least terrifying, and the fact thats the standard should make us at least try and stop fighting and judging each other about it. yes, there are stupid people. They exist. The horror.

I made a post in the GUNS thread, so anyone who LARPs or wishes to discuss the superiority of small arms vs the Russian army, take it over there. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Man, this is hardly intellectually honest and you know it. Thats like saying I actually like biden just because I voted for him. Personally I am pretty sure we all know the reason the vast majority of americans vote for a president isn't becaues they love their guy, its because they choose they choice thats least terrifying, and the fact thats the standard should make us at least try and stop fighting and judging each other about it. yes, there are stupid people. They exist. The horror.
    I agree, it wasn’t really a serious assertion. However, anyone with a functioning cranium could easily have seen through Trump’s corrupt, venal, vindictive, petty, self serving bullshit from the second he came down that escalator.
    Everything that came after was just buying into delusion.
    And here we are, known forever as possibly the dumbest country on the planet, in some ways.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
    How many people do you know that have gone back to Ukraine since the conflict started?

How different do you think this conflict would be if Ukraine DIDN'T have access to small arms?
    Way different. I’m not saying small arms aren’t important. But almost all the arms being used came from governments. And the government handed guns out like Halloween Candy once the conflict started.

By far the most intimidating gun towards one owns politicians is a .50 cal sniper rifle, followed by the most accurate long range rifles.

If the 2nd amendment is really about the military defense of the US then weapons of war like RPGs, mines, high explosives, machine guns, Stingers, etc. should not be prohibited. From a military perspective these are all defensive weapons even. Is that the country many Americans want to live in?

Also I don’t know anyone whose went back but I know some people well whose brothers, sisters, in-laws and other family are residents of Ukraine.

Now show one where the size of the countries is proportional to GDP.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    people like fantasy stuffs cause pretending sounds lame and is
    but its the same
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    And proportion of white people who were never colonized.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Since when is wealth more important than people?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Since when is wealth more important than people?

I hear you, but, c'mon man. Since like the beginning of time.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    If the 2nd amendment is really about the military defense of the US then weapons of war like RPGs, mines, high explosives, machine guns, Stingers, etc. should not be prohibited. From a military perspective these are all defensive weapons even. Is that the country many Americans want to live in?
    It’s a free country, I’m within my rights
    Every child should have a weapon and a ton of dynamite
    My hand is steady, my eyes cold
    The voice inside my head keeps saying ‘Do as you are told.’
    — The Boneshakers

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I hear you, but, c'mon man. Since like the beginning of time.
    Unfortunately, you're right

Lots of countries have access to plenty of firearms and they are violence ridden shitholes.

The Ukrainians are kicking ass because they have been given and have domestically produced high tech force multiplier weapons like ATGMs, MAPADS, APCs and have been rotating troops through an active war zone in the Donbas and they have received significant training from NATO.

It’s funny how some people must turn every conversation into one about 2A. Is it because examining ourselves against other developed countries reveals that we aren’t doing so hot?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I agree, it wasn’t really a serious assertion. However, anyone with a functioning cranium could easily have seen through Trump’s corrupt, venal, vindictive, petty, self serving bullshit from the second he came down that escalator.
    Everything that came after was just buying into delusion.
    And here we are, known forever as possibly the dumbest country on the planet, in some ways.
    Our words do not exist in a vacuum. Polarization is a problem in our country that we cannot take lightly. Anyone with a functioning cranium can also see the problems with biden including conflict of interest in many ways and immorality with children. You are not serving this country by furthering this stupid division. Smugly judging people for voting for the giant douche when your only other choice was a turd sandwhich hardly seems productive, although it can be personally emotionally gratifying.

Have you considered the benefits of releasable pole straps?