Page 213 of 656 FirstFirst ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,325 of 16378

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    No chance western sanctions lifted for Putin’s Russia irrespective of peace with Ukraine
    To be fair I think nuclear dissarmament woul ddo it but thats pretty far fetched.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

The problem with nuclear disarmament for Russia is that China immediately invades all of Russia East of the URals as soon as Russia has no nuclear capability - untold natural resources and empty land. China has Russia outnumbered 10:1 and locally much more so. 77% of Russians live West of the Urals. Of course 94% of China's population is East of the Heihe–Tengchong Line (but that leaves more Chinese West of the Line than there are Ukrainians).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Putin stole Robert Kraft’s super bowl ring. Not only a fascist murderer but a common thief.

https://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-pu...-1691395?amp=1

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    To bad they didnt all shoot each other. We'd be much better off today

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Could someone help Benny out with this? Thanks

Yes please. Remove a pedophile from the world.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Anyone that thinks their home collection of ARs will do shit against the US army or any meaningful law enforcement response is a moron.
    Better to learn how to rewire drones and build proper AI
    People keep saying stuff like this, yet the USA hasn't really won a war against unconventional forces since ever. Sure move in or bomb the snot out of everyone (including their allies) but win not really. What would stop the unwashed masses at home from doing the same thing? What makes you think the US forces would even use arms against US civilians, more likely to overthrow the gov't themselves or just join the rebels.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Have fun at your Oscar party ladies.
    More misogyny, great.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    People keep saying stuff like this, yet the USA hasn't really won a war against unconventional forces since ever. Sure move in or bomb the snot out of everyone (including their allies) but win not really. What would stop the unwashed masses at home from doing the same thing? What makes you think the US forces would even use arms against US civilians, more likely to overthrow the gov't themselves or just join the rebels.
    It would depend on whether the ‘rebels’ were multi-cultural, or pink and white.
    Jan. 6th provides a little proof of this.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Have fun at your Oscar party ladies.
    Ha ha, yet another public figure damned to hell for failing Benny's proletariat purity test.

But as tempting as it is to leave it at that, he might have a sliver of a point (albeit not one that he went to the trouble of making). It's far from clear to me that Zelinsky attending the Oscars is a net positive from a PR standpoint. I get that it's an opportunity to get the word out (because apparently some people actually still sit through the Oscars; huh??). But it also seems like a setup for Russian prop bullshit about what Volod and his people stand for.

Worth mentioning that Zelinsky is/was a legit (if only regional) movie star.

he’s not attending, it’s an opportunity to continue awareness and fundraise. who would turn that down in his situation? the few people that would criticize him for doing it?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    he’s not attending
    Can't get a tux rental?

Would be cool if he pulled up to the theater in a seized Russian tank

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Would be cool if he pulled up to the theater in a seized Russian tank
    when has an incel mobile ever been cool?

now a Ukrainian tractor? That’s cool

Bunny go read Kite Runner. Do more research on The Taliban, and then open a new thread on Afghanistan. I will be happy to argue with you there.

In here the topic is Ukraine.

"Gee still no war." - Boris Profane

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t26evjpr7ac81.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	411040

https://www.bitchute.com/video/vLjA2LucDkuI/

Ukraine on fire
    Oliver stone
    2016 documentary

It’s a good backstory on the current shitshow
    . . .

Ukraine on fire is told from a pro-Kremlin worldview. As a propaganda vehicle the movie is very popular in Russia.

Putin may have also misjudged the willingness of Belarus to fight his war in Ukraine.. In fact, it appears some are already fighting on Ukraine's side.

‘We have one enemy’: The Belarusians who oppose the Ukraine war
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Ukraine on fire is told from a pro-Kremlin worldview. As a propaganda vehicle the movie is very popular in Russia.
    before tucker came along oliver stone was pooty’s favorite.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Anyone that thinks their home collection of ARs will do shit against the US army or any meaningful law enforcement response is a moron.
    Better to learn how to rewire drones and build proper AI
    Then why is that standard small arms issued to the US army and law enforcement?

So they can shoot themselves if they have to listen to one more armchair guerilla.

Sooo many gravy seals

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
    Then why is that standard small arms issued to the US army and law enforcement?
    Remind us again what weapons we have been sending to Ukraine and the weapons most asked for by Ukraine. I don’t recall a lot of talk about how what they really need is more semi-auto AR’s. Also, I see very few reports touting the effectiveness of small arms. It is mostly about complex weapons systems. If Ukraine only had access to small arms, how different do you think this conflict would be right now?

My question is what kind of broken toy looks at what's in happening in Ukraine and thinks we could do that in America too?

Even though it's mostly asinine online LARPing it happens every single time there's any sort of conflict. Sure, in movies like LotR or on TV like GoT people are racist against orcs and White Walkers or whatever. That's the point. It's just fantasy. The idea that there are creatures who are just bad is a fantasy that appeals to many. It's fun. As long as people recognize that, and know the difference between fantasy & reality, it's fine...

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Remind us again what weapons we have been sending to Ukraine and the weapons most asked for by Ukraine. I don’t recall a lot of talk about how what they really need is more semi-auto AR’s. Also, I see very few reports touting the effectiveness of small arms. It is mostly about complex weapons systems. If Ukraine only had access to small arms, how different do you think this conflict would be right now?
    Saw an interview with one of our generals that said snipers are whats killing most of their generals. All the best snipers in history grew up shooting long before joining the military. Civilian gun ownership isn't just semi auto ars. Its ars in calibers that reach to 1000 yards and the skill to hit at those distances being really pretty common, and getting rarer at distances exceeding that.

Its wierd to me though, it seems like most of the people arguing this are just basing it off historical precedent. The people who seem offended by it just seem mad history doesn't seem to line up with their personal authoritarianism.

As to how different it would be, well, more ukranians would be getting killed would be the biggest different. Russians still would be. Tanks would still be being disabled with IEDs. Russia would be doing better for sure, but the biggest difference is in the ukrainian loss of life.

No ones arguing its a solution to anything or a good idea. War destroys countries, and typically the country it takes place in is first in line. But invading and occupying a country that is pretty united in being unwilling to have you is rarely a thing in history without some means to assimilate them into your society, at least in somewhat modern times. If they are somewhat armed it becomes almost impossible to not be at best a pyrrhic victory.

its weird to me though, because even when people just notice and talk about this dynamic without really pushing the pro gun agenda at all it seems to be met with an almost pathological resistance to looking at how things actually tend to turn out. Its also just highly interesting to talk about. War is going to be increasingly assymetrical, even when two similarily advnaced and prosperous countries are facing each other theyre going to have assymetries in commitment in levels and types of resources strategies vulnerabilities etc. Armies still need tanks, but they're a very costly vulnerability in many ways. Of course muchhas been made about our carriers vulnerability to drones, but land and air warfare have obviously changed as well.

There was a south pacific island nation, with a problem with muslim insurgency, that would go to a village, make everyone in it come out and hold hands in a circle surounding it, while soldiers searched every house for weapons. They didn't have enough manpower to surround the town themselves, but by using the hold hands in a circle method they could control the people because anyone who stopped holding hands got shot. Thats one of the few examples of assymetric warfare workign out for the occupying force but the popular support was only in certain areas and it wasn't an invading force, but a regime change if I remember correctly. Its been a long day I'm having a brainfart with which island it is but its a highly interesting case study if anyone wants to google.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.