Page 211 of 656 FirstFirst ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 16378

Thread: Ukraine

- Ok, on the first point I guess if we torture the phrase asymmetric warfare then we're sort of in agreement. Although that doesn't mean Ukraine isn't also using conventional combined arms: armor, infantry, artillery, and air support. Because they are.

- On the second point I shouldn't have written "right wing militias" since that's incidental and instead written about the subset of gun owners fantasizing about violently overthrowing a "tyrannical government"...or is that not what you intended with your last paragraph?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    - Ok, on the first point I guess if we torture the phrase asymmetric warfare then we're in agreement.

- On the second point I shouldn't have written "right wing militias" and instead written about the subset of gun owners fantasizing about overthrowing a tyrannical government, or is that not what you intended with your last paragraph?
    Ahh no its more just that I don't devalue certain parts of our system of checks and balances because of a political agenda to get off on my smug condescension of those I view as different than me.

Its definitly not a fantasy, I'm a peace and love kind of guy for sure, but civilian gun ownership is part of our system of checks an balences. If a few armed radicals from the left or right decide to be insurgent, they'll get crushed. If its half the population and a signifigant portion of the military, well then, they're probably on the right side of history anyways, and I do view that as part of our system of checks and balecnes. The assertion you can't take on the US military with a few fringe radicals is true, but is actually the best reason that civilians being armed is lower risk than the opposite. In all of history there has never been a civilian population as well armed as the US and I honestly think people who are bothered by that have a bit of an authoriarian bent. Theyd rather trust the government than their fellows. Personally, I think we should open the borders, give green cards to all immigrants, and give them an AR15 too. I mean the bad ones already have guns lets arm the rest, get them started being americans on the right foot. The fact you included 'right wing militias' isn't just a random irrelvant detail. It shows your pathos, and desire to shoehorn those who say anything you don't already agree with into conforming to the 'other side'

Also I think you'd have to torture the phrase asymmetric till its synonymous with insurgency for you to be right.

this wasn't about some between the lines anything. Its about understanding the conflict, and why its impossible for putin to win at this point. Asymetric warfare with poorly equipied insurgency with popular support is already almost impossible in the long run, with a well trained well equiped asymetric force its even more so that way.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Its definitly not a fantasy, I'm a peace and love kind of guy for sure, but civilian gun ownership is part of our system of checks an balences. If a few armed radicals from the left or right decide to be insurgent, they'll get crushed. If its half the population and a signifigant portion of the military, well then, they're probably on the right side of history anyways, and I do view that as part of our system of checks and balecnes. The assertion you can't take on the US military with a few fringe radicals is true, but is actually the best reason that civilians being armed is lower risk than the opposite.
    Ok, so you object to being associated with "right wing militias" and the word "fantasy" but not the idea of another American Civil War since you'd be "on the right side of history anyways".... I stand corrected....

Ukraine

He’s full of shit making “both sides” claims & hiding under a cloak of pretend neutrality

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Ok, so you object to being associated with "right wing militias" and the word "fantasy" but not the idea of another American Civil War since you'd be "on the right side of history anyways".... I stand corrected....
    I'm not saying thatd be a good thing. Violence is baaaad mkay? Still part of our system of checks and balances. Civil war in germany in 1939 may have made the world a better place tho. This tangent is done.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    He’s full of shit making “both sides” claims & hiding under a cloak of pretend neutrality
    The division of everything into predefined shoe horned sides is idiotic. Carry on.

Your pretend erudition is idiotic

This tangent is done.
    thank god. could we have a few weeks off?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Oh man theres so much thats sad about this post. Vibes. Seriously.

People who are bothered by someone else they view as 'trying to sound' smart betray only their own insecurities. No one else fixates on that. I'm just glad when people are willing to explore things and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    thank god. could we have a few weeks off?
    Yea, do a dopamine detox and cut your screen time. Use the ignore function.

Why asking my permision? I don't give a fuck.

I probably should stop replying to shit that isn't worth replying to. For some reason it seems to affect me less to type it than it does you to read or have to skim over it. Hmm, not sure why seems odd? It seems the people who are most negatively affected by my posts seem to also be the people with the least amount of impulse control to avoid replying to me. Seems like a personal problem.

Leroy probably had to Google what erudition means.

What a fucking clown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Slavic as we call him is a race dad on the Chestnut Mountain Race Team. Flew to Poland to bring back family a couple days after the invasion started. It didn't go as planned, but fortunately, mostly safe in Poland.

https://www.kcrg.com/2022/03/26/sibl...ergency-visas/

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Nah I was finishing the teachers sentences because t.
    But is that allowed in deep thinker freedom militia school?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

What a useless page. Shut the fuck up Leroy.

Same guy has repeatedly said he would stop commenting and then goes right back to it.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I'm starting to suspect Boris's ex was Ukrainian or a kovbasa left skid marks in his pocket.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    He's young and understands the global PR game. Ring the bell to have your depends changed.

Kill me now.
    Name:  3hckzovet0m81.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  33.4 KB

Ukraine

Kill me now.
    ]
    Could someone help Benny out with this? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Have fun at your Oscar party ladies.

Oscar Meyer?
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

snort

I hope somebody is working on that for an SNL sketch.