Page 210 of 656 FirstFirst ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 16378

Thread: Ukraine

Putin is the spoiled child who lost the game and is now flipping the game board over and stomping on the game pieces.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    I was thinking that was going to be some sort of remote control of the helicopter. Nope... full on AI flying that helo. These silly human vs human wars are going to be a thing of the past soon.
    How long until Skynet takes over?
    "Here's your ammo from AAFES, sir."

I wanna see them use AI to find Putin's money.
    Without that Poot munny, Benny will have to live on pocket meat, and then he'll get banned from buffets like a blacklisted card counter. Downward spiral.

^^^ There is a screenplay in there somewhere. Nicolas Cage as Benny? Or Gary Busey?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    ^^^ There is a screenplay in there somewhere. Nicolas Cage as Benny? Or Gary Busey?
    Gary busey. For sure. Unless Benny does a cameo
    . . .

Good luck holding dunbas. Oh right bunny says he's holding til '24 for his cult leader to be reinstatedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20220325_204221.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	410887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220325_204201.jpeg 
Views:	114 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	410888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220325_114950.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	410889

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I guess Colonel Medvecheck was pinin' for the fjords?

If the tank thing ^^ is true that's kinda wild.

Dan Aykroyd in a Santa suit

Safety First

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    There is no communism. C'mon, man.
    There really isn't

Whenever its tried it always just turns into authoritarianism, thats all it is. Facism and communism are the same thing, in practice. The propaganda is a bit different.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The Ukrainian army was trained by America/NATO and this is the playbook for how modern dispersed infantry operates.

What we're seeing in Ukraine is not per se an insurgency with people hiding in the bushes engaging in asymmetrical warfare. More accurately, a smaller modern military is fighting a larger cold war era military. Modern warfare involves highly trained highly competent small units taking advantage of expensive advanced weaponry. Regular Ukrainian infantry has optics, suppressors, NVG, ISR, thermals, anti-tank, anti-air too. Most importantly they've been trained to exercise initiative as a dispersed decentralized infantry.

There's a debate to be had about Iraq & Afghanistan and how much we should help Ukrainians, but what seems nuts is the debate about the 'right' side to be on now.
    Its still asymmetric warfare. Its just well supplied well trained asymmetric warfare. The tactics etc are still going to follow those of asymmetric warfare for both sides.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

#Medvecheckispocketmeat ?

American volunteer on the frontlines. Dude hates Tucker Carlson also.

https://twitter.com/jmvasquez1974/st...KMP8bTIGQ&s=19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...war-in-ukraine

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    There really isn't

Whenever its tried it always just turns into authoritarianism, thats all it is. Facism and communism are the same thing, in practice. The propaganda is a bit different.
    Meh. I don’t agree.

Fascism involves corporations.

Communism is just state control.

But I do agree. The end result is evil. And ends up the same.
    . . .

Its still asymmetric warfare. Its just well supplied well trained asymmetric warfare. The tactics etc are still going to follow those of asymmetric warfare for both sides.
    Asymmetric warfare is generally defined as an uneven war between a well equipped professional army and a less well equipped insurgency.

That's not what's happening in Ukraine. Ukrainian infantry is still supported by tanks and artillery. We're seeing precision daytime artillery strikes from both sides. We're seeing the aftermath of nighttime artillery strikes spotted by special forces using advanced night vision optics. And we're seeing armored vehicles supported by infantry fighting in close contact with opposing enemy armor.

The biggest difference between the Ukrainian army and the Russian army, besides a willingness to fight, is tactics and doctrine—not asymmetry.

It's not asymmetric warfare. It is small unit tactics. It is what Ranger battalions exist for.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Meh. I don’t agree.

Fascism involves corporations.

Communism is just state control.

But I do agree. The end result is evil. And ends up the same.
    Yea, we are perhaps splitting hairs, but look at china. Plenty of state run corporations. Or does that make them fascism? Kinda the point, one does struggle to tell eventually. The alliances throughout history between fascists and communists are quite telling as well.

The psychology though, if not the philosophy, is that someone(s) strong oughtta really for reals be in control and people need to be told what to do etc, that pathological belief always steers things towards that regardless of the ideological distinctions or justifications. One could argue communism is just fascism by committee.

Asymmetric warfare is generally defined as an uneven war between a well equipped professional army and a less well equipped insurgency.

That's not what's happening in Ukraine. Ukrainian infantry is still supported by tanks and artillery. We're seeing precision daytime artillery strikes from both sides. We're seeing the aftermath of nighttime artillery strikes spotted by special forces using advanced night vision optics. And we're seeing armored vehicles supported by infantry fighting in close contact with opposing enemy armor.

The biggest difference between the Ukrainian army and the Russian army, besides a willingness to fight, is tactics and doctrine—not asymmetry.
    Ukraine is not using their tanks, aircraft and armored vehicles, as far as i know, they are avoiding doing so, because to do so would be engaging in a more traditional symmetric war in which they'd lose.

Asymmetric often means technologically asymmetric in terms of one side being more advanced but it can also just mean differences in resources and tactics and kinds of tech. In this case the resources and tech are absolutely asymmetrical, as well as tactics. The tactics are the important part. They are using the tactics of asymmetry, and the same vulnerabilities liabilities and strengths apply to both sides as if this were the classic insurgency type of asymetry, with the differences being mostly that they are capable of taking more hardened targets with javelins than they could with IEDs, and the key variable of public support is replaced by that of outside arms shipments, but in many ways its still asymmetric warfare. The guys with more expensive more numerous targets are losing.

Again, yea "generally defined' actually means 'typically used as'. The definition includes this conflict. I'm not just arguing about bullshit, but looking at the tactics and vulnerabilities of each side as in asymmetric warfare makes sense. Javelins make it more asymmetric not more. One sides heavy on armor one sides heavy on anti armor infantry supported by drones and artillery.

I'm not just arguing about bullshit
    By ignoring reality that's exactly what you're doing. You want to believe in a fantasy that has right wing militias defeating a professional American army. It's something you and a handful of others have fantasized about here in various threads over the years. So a Ukrainian insurgency defeating Russia fits your preferred narrative. It's motivated reasoning uninformed by facts, nothing more. It's clueless bullshit LARP-ing.

as far as i know
    SIFM
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    SIFM
    Stupid Ignorant Fucking Moran?

100% there now you Cuck.
    Fuck you with that insult.

And read some history. We aren't there yet. Jerkoff

There really isn't

Christ almighty. This is what happens when you kiddies were spending your time shooting spitballs in the back of history class.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Christ almighty. This is what happens when you kiddies were spending your time shooting spitballs in the back of history class.
    Nah I was finishing the teachers sentences because i was bored and had already read all the source material. I mean I did it in a good way , they liked it, student participation and all that.

By ignoring reality that's exactly what you're doing. You want to believe in a fantasy that has right wing militias defeating a professional American army. It's something you and a handful of others have fantasized about here in various threads over the years. So a Ukrainian insurgency defeating Russia fits your preferred narrative. It's motivated reasoning uninformed by facts, nothing more. It's clueless bullshit LARP-ing.
    Ahh, putting words in my mouth...

Nah, its just about understanding strengths and vulnerabilities of each side.

Its not an insurgency. Its a trained military choosing to engage in asymmetrical tactics to minimize their vulnerability of losing people and assets, and Putin failing to appreciate those vulnerabilities and getting schooled on them.

I also don't beleive in or fantasize about that at all. I'm not a right winger. Voted dem in every election. I know its hard to not just pigeonhole people into one of a few categories and understand them as individuals but thats the world we live in, although you're free to continue to assume someone neatly conforms to the 'other' side just because they don't seem to conform to yours. We could use these terms to understand the way this conflict is working, or you can continue to read between the lines for some sort of dog whistle that isn't there.

I beleive that if the american governmetn every became so extreme that the majority of the people felt a change was needed, the majority of the military and left wing would probably agree. If it was a few right wing militias they would get crushed, and if they didn't have popular and military support they almost surely would be on the wrong side of history anyways.