Page 298 of 663 FirstFirst ... 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 16557

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    We didn't nuke the Chinese even when they invaded NK and took on US soldiers directly at the Chosin Reservoir. During a UN-sanctioned intervention.

These things are all made up.
    Or when we were directly dog fighting with Russian piloted MiGs in MiG Alley.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Or when we were directly dog fighting with Russian piloted MiGs in MiG Alley.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    We didn't nuke the Chinese even when they invaded NK and took on US soldiers directly at the Chosin Reservoir. During a UN-sanctioned intervention.

These things are all made up.
    id go with “suffer from a severe lack of information about what the other sides thinking”. What USSR or Russian leaders are thinking ain’t a big strength of public documents.

Russias first atomic test was august 1949, less than a year before Korea. By the time 1964 rolled around we knew they had warheads and delivery mechanisms

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I don't think this is exactly OSHA approved
    https://www.twitter.com/Kama_Kamilia...58438757715969

I don't think it registered for many people that there's been continuous fighting in Ukraine since 2014. Remember MH17? That was Russia.

Edit: not sure how much you're interested in it but this guy Zhuchkovsky wrote a book about Russian involvement in 2014. There's an English translation that was recently published.
    Here's an article about him and what's in the book.
    https://khpg.org/en/1552794859
    I agree many people pay no attention and can't find Ukraine on a map, much less know anything of its recent history. I tend to pay some attention* to the world's stronger (or nuclear) dictators. And election and constitutional changes get you on my shitlist, Vlad's been on my bad actor list since prior to Medvedev. And Russia, who can ignore 3,000 nukes pointed at me.

At the 2014 time, I assumed the Crimea DNR LNR fighting was almost entirely Russia's doing, and has been since. I also felt the western response was way too weak, and invited more Russian aggression (yay! here it is). Well I suppose we should count the continuous border shifting in Georgia too. Slow invasion is invasion. Protecting Russian speakers was the flimsiest cover story ever - if everyone did that, we'd all invade each other.

* but I mostly read the news, don't always see every story, most news is written by ignoramuses, it requires attention even to weakly connect stories, and my memories fade.

Putin dies and goes to hell, but after a while, he is given a day off for good behavior.

So he goes to Moscow, enters a bar, orders a drink, and asks the bartender:

-Is Crimea ours?

-Yes, it is.

-And the Donbas?

-Also ours.

-And Kyiv?

-We got that too.

Satisfied, Putin drinks, and asks:

-Thanks, how much do I owe you?

-5 euros.

Turret popping video:
    https://twitter.com/notwoofers/statu...5DZOzFmUFkoxtA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3A51AE54-7076-472C-896C-009E3277B7EF.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	350.2 KB 
ID:	416016

What a fucked up design.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    What a fucked up design.
    Why don't they make the whole tank out of the turret?? [/TomHanks'SeinfeldVoice]

The location on that looks promising. Need to deny that road.

Putin's puffy face an indication of steroids used for cancer therapy.

Let us hope he dies sooner rather than later.

https://twitter.com/thejackhopkins/s...X04OmdibQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/thejackhopkins/s...diCHYk0VA&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

(Wallace -> British Defense Secretary)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21911BB1-26A5-42A4-956E-BBB052BDD73F.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	438.9 KB 
ID:	416029

https://twitter.com/jackdetsch/statu...qs-br8XQRHixoA

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Putin's puffy face an indication of steroids used for cancer therapy.

Let us hope he dies sooner rather than later.

https://twitter.com/thejackhopkins/s...X04OmdibQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/thejackhopkins/s...diCHYk0VA&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Who will take his place? Will things be any better?

I'm no putin shill, but just like with US politics, often when people hate the president, the vice president being president would be someone they'd hate more, not to mention power vacuums after strongman leaders are rarely productive, not to mention power vacuums in mob run countries with tons of arms and nuclear arms is maybe not a great thing.

I don't know though, what WOULD happen?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Russia doesn't have a Vice President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

For Putin to quit this war he has to cash out his chips. That would be disastrous for him.

His successor can walk away and blame Putin for the colossal blunder.

Plus he is evil and needs to die.

Nobody knows what will happen if he dies. Nobody knows if people will continue to fight and die for him if he lives.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Russia doesn't have a Vice President.
    And this is exactly why I (or probably any of us) don't know who would succeed him or what would happen after he's gone.

A mob puppet?

Yea uglymoney hes 'evil and needs to die' was what they said about sadam, but I think sadam was better for everyone, including Iraqis, than the power vacuum that enabled ISIS, and the wasteful war that preceded it.

The world sure aint the way it should be, and deserves aint got nothing to do with it.

What would happen tho? I admit ignorance and curiosity.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    And this is exactly why I (or probably any of us) don't know who would succeed him or what would happen after he's gone.

A mob puppet?

Yea uglymoney hes 'evil and needs to die' was what they said about sadam, but I think sadam was better for everyone, including Iraqis, than the power vacuum that enabled ISIS.

The world sure aint the way it should be, and deserves aint got nothing to do with it.

What would happen tho? I admit ignorance and curiosity.
    The Prime Minister takes office for three months until elections for a new Pres.

At least according to the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    We're up to 6 oligarch critics who have died since the start of the offensive.. A couple of them supposedly.. killed their families and committed suicide out of the blue.. no note or nothing..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ehp&li=BBnb7Kz
    Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    ... but I think sadam was better for everyone, including Iraqis, than the power vacuum that enabled ISIS, and the wasteful war that preceded it.
    Seriously? Saddam and his ruling minority were at war with Iran for almost a decade, and shortly after that war ended Iraq invaded Kuwait, all while heading a terrifying police state that ruled for decades over the majority through unconstrained violence.

America's misguided invasion for the purpose of regime change in Iraq shows building a stable functioning central government cannot be accomplished by outside powers. It's foolish to say however the majority of Iraqis were better off under Saddam.

Patrushev is supposed to take over temporarily while Putin has surgery “soon”.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...cement-spt/amp

He’s the secretary of the security council, and a hard liner who pushed for the Ukraine invasion. But who knows what will actually happen if Putin dies on the operating table.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Seriously? Saddam and his ruling minority were at war with Iran for almost a decade, immediately after that war ended Iraq invaded Kuwait, all while sitting at the top of a terrifying police state that ruled over the population through unconstrained violence.

America's misguided invasion for the purpose of regime change in Iraq shows creating a stable functioning ventral government cannot be accomplished by outside powers. It's foolish to say however the majority of Iraqis were better off under Saddam.
    Yea, sadam suuuucked.

How can you say the war and subsequent rise of Isis were better though? Cus thats your argument. Is just that Sadam suuuucked. Ok agreed, but especially the longer time goes on after Sadam, with Iraq, to my knowledge still not at all stable, and ISIS getting stronger and more international, and many precious archeological things destroyed for all eternity, and more lives lost than Sadam was killing, how can you say the one is better than the other?

Yea, no one seems to have any idea what happens when putin kicks the bucket. Maybe if he dies naturally sucession will be peaceful at least. About the worst thing is nuclear armed russia falling into chaos and becoming a failed state.

Currently Russia being sort of allies sort of frenemies with China kind of keeps China in check in some ways.

No, your argument is "sadam was better for everyone, including Iraqis"

The facts is, ISIS is defeated and Iraq is not at war with its neighbors. Kurds aren't suffering under conventional & chemical weapons attacks and now have semi-autonomy. And the majority of the population isn't subject to routine unconstrained violence by the state apparatus.

The 2003 Iraq invasion was a disastrous blunder but that does not mean Iraqis were better off under Saddam. The country has gone from an extremely violent regime to an extremely flawed regime.

More recently, Iraq's prime minister Kahhimi has demonstrated a desire for more stability, to respond to the needs of the Iraqi people, and to establish some distance from Iran. Unlike other failed states in the Middle East, Iraq has the resources to fund a real functioning state in the future.

No, your argument is "sadam was better for everyone, including Iraqis"

The facts is, ISIS is defeated and Iraq is not at war with its neighbors. Kurds aren't suffering under conventional & chemical weapons attacks and now have semi-autonomy. And the majority of the population isn't subject to routine unconstrained violence by the state apparatus.

The 2003 Iraq invasion was a disastrous blunder but that does not mean Iraqis were better off under Saddam. The country has gone from an extremely violent regime to an extremely flawed regime.

More recently, Iraq's prime minister Kahhimi has demonstrated a desire for more stability, to respond to the needs of the Iraqi people, and establish some distance from Iran. Unlike other failed states in the Middle East, Iraq has the resources to fund a real state.
    I think the death toll over the years from the iraq invasion till now would be less if sadam had remained in power. He wasn't killing as many people as the war and isis did.

Who knows what the future will bring.

If you're going to argue counterfactuals, Iraq was already in the beginnings of a civil war at the time of America's invasion. Who's to say that wouldn't have been worse, something more like Syria? As a percentage of the population Iraq's numbers pale in comparison to the refugees, internally displaced people, and deaths in Syria. Syria is also now even more closely aligned with Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The Prime Minister takes office for three months until elections for a new Pres.

At least according to the constitution.
    And as you already know calling Putin a ‘president’ is an adulteration. He was a president from 2000-to-2008. After that he undermined the Constitution to increase the term length from 4 to 6 years and become repeatedly re-elected. He's less a ‘president’ and more a führer.

If you're going to argue counterfactuals, Iraq was already in the beginnings of a civil war at the time of America's invasion. Who's to say that wouldn't have been worse, something more like Syria? As a percentage of the population Iraq's numbers pale in comparison to the refugees, internally displaced people, and deaths in Syria. Syria is also now even more closely aligned with Russia.
    Yea, exactly, whos to say.

And whos to say about Russia right now either, although I'd love to hear any more in depth opinions than "hes evil and deserves to die" because in this universe, deserves aint got nothin to do with it, although he surely will die.

And as you already know calling Putin a ‘president’ is an adulteration. He was a president from 2000-to-2008. After that he undermined the Constitution to increase the term length from 4 to 6 years and become repeatedly re-elected. He's less a ‘president’ and more a führer.
    Yep

And whos to say about Russia right now either
    Well for one, the majority of the citizens of the UKR.

But you just keep right on asking questions.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"