Page 398 of 662 FirstFirst ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... LastLast
Results 9,926 to 9,950 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

By blowing their pipeline, Russia can continue their economic war on EU except they get to do it while claiming to be a victim instead of an aggressor. This is important when they are trying to garner pollical sympathies.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

hot tapping does come with a kick ass fucking soundtrack. so, the fish got that going for ‘em.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    For some reason this video was satisfying. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    hot tapping does come with a kick ass fucking soundtrack. so, the fish got that going for ‘em.
    Fact.

Another reason why Russia would want to blow up its own pipeline is to threaten other gas infrastructure. This for example was intended as Russia sending a message the new Baltic pipeline between Norway and Poland could also be blown up.

Putin isn't a genius playing 3d chess. He's a cartoonishly evil gangster terrorist. If this were a Hollywood movie script his character would need to be rewritten to give him more depth and backstory because otherwise it's all too on the nose, too obvious to suspend disbelief. That probably explains why smart people on TGR want to think the explanation is more complicated. Smart people favor complexity and subtlety. More often than not this is warranted, but in this case, it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Man, Joe Satriani has really hit rock bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Do the Nigerians know about this??

Shit, I guess they do all want to be Russians. Guess Ukraine should just let them have it then:

By early afternoon on Tuesday, Russia’s state news media had reported what it described as preliminary results showing gigantic levels of support for joining Russia. The RIA state news agency reported votes of 98.19 percent in favor in Zaporizhzhia and 96.97 percent in Kherson in the south, and 97.91 percent in Donetsk and 97.82 percent in Luhansk in the east.

https://jabberwocking.com/eastern-uk...ladimir-putin/

Needs more cowbell
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    It's the same thing with mobilization. The Kremlin knows green recruits can't defeat Ukraine outright on the battlefield so the only hope is to send enough men to prolong the war. Even though Russia is losing on the battlefield, their strategy to win the war hasn't changed.
    Not sure “round up randos and send them to Ukraine where they’ll get captured less than a week later” was the kremlin plan with mobilization, or how that helps Russia even prolong the war much. At this point Kremlin inability or unwillingness to accept the accurate capability of Russia seems to be a more realistic assessment than grand strategy. They play the cards they think they have even thought the won’t win because it’s all they can.

I mean “we are short riflemen, round up veterans and reservists, send them to Ukraine after short training” makes some sense to prolong the war, but seems beyond the capability of the Russian state in practice.

Yeah, the whole thing reeks of desperation. Putin isn't a grand strategist, he's a cartoonishly evil gangster terrorist more concerned with rivals to his right in the Kremlin than he is the well being of the Russian people. The draftees are also disproportionately coming from ethnic minorities so throw in some ethnic cleansing for good measure.

Yeah, the whole thing reeks of desperation. Putin isn't a grand strategist, he's a cartoonishly evil gangster terrorist more concerned with rivals to his right in the Kremlin than he is the well being of the Russian people. The draftees are also disproportionately coming from ethnic minorities so throw in some ethnic cleansing for good measure.
    I hate Pootie as much or more than the next guy but let's be honest. Up until the last few months, the dude has proven to be a pretty masterful strategist. You may call him failed because he's failed the average Russian as well as democratic reformation. But remember, neither of those were ever his objective. He's an autocrat who believes in tyranny, plain and simple.

To be clear, I think he's in a pickle and desperation is certainly rearing its ugly head. But you can't be stupid and ascend the Russian ladder, let alone manage to stay on top for as long as he has.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

The initial invasion failed because the strategy relied on shit intelligence and capability assessment. Every week since then he’s been too late. Changing the war goals in the first week would have produced durable territorial gains. Mobilization in spring would have produced battlefield gains. But he failed, and That’s not master strategy. The whole thing Putin had was the image of master strategy and tough Russia, and he’s failed. He can still kill and murder. And his 17th century army of thugs can rape loot and pillage, but Russia ain’t what he pretended it was.

No doubt he is clever and ruthless.

I would play Risk against him.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I hate Pootie as much or more than the next guy but let's be honest. Up until the last few months, the dude has proven to be a pretty masterful strategist. You may call him failed because he's failed the average Russian as well as democratic reformation. But remember, neither of those were ever his objective. He's an autocrat who believes in tyranny, plain and simple.

To be clear, I think he's in a pickle and desperation is certainly rearing its ugly head. But you can't be stupid and ascend the Russian ladder, let alone manage to stay on top for as long as he has.
    “Never under estimate your enemy”

Too much of that ra ra bullshit going on in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    “Never under estimate your enemy”

Too much of that ra ra bullshit going on in this thread.
    Appeasing genocidal dictators is worse, cunty

russia can kill, murder, rape and maim people from 4-82 and you’ll still love them. But reliably deploy shit to do what they want and acheive productive ends seems beyond them

Ford and Lindbergh loved Hitler's plan. Until they didn't. Nothing new under the sun, eh Tucker?
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 7.16.24 PM.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	430.0 KB 
ID:	427831

Has the price of NG gone up yet? Probably was the Saudis.

MBS: "Hey Vlad, can you do us a solid and blow a hole in Nord 2, Comrade?"

Vlad: Sure, akhi. Just remember to not pump so much oil this winter."

MBS/Vlad: "Hahahahahahahahahaha!"
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

A mobilization that fails might work fine for Pootin. The priority is hanging onto power, and as such the rivals to his right that have been calling for mobilization are (he hopes) being set up to take the fall. After all, "he didn't come up with this by himself" and all that. If Russia can't win he needs a scapegoat. He's surrounded by potentially treacherous "survivors" who won't take the fall easily, but might be real loyal if that's the alternative.

Irony: if Pootin was ousted even a hardline replacement could end the war and blame him for the failure--claim he was soft and should have mobilized fully at the start, etc. OTOH, if Pootin hangs on he may need escalation to build blame against those same rivals.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Ukraine

This is great

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...bG6SQR8gSJO3OQ

Last edited by AK47bp; 09-28-2022 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Noted that this was satire. Still funny though.

Russia’s mobilization and Putin’s nuclear saber-rattling has caused Russians to flee the country en masse.
    The mobilization sets a hard test for public support of the Ukraine war, which has already been strained in recent weeks.
    Russian society is perturbed by the mobilization, and its reluctant compliance may soon turn into anger about the mistreatment of new draftees and the rush of their deployment to the trenches without proper training.

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Int...-Rattling.html

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    This is great

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/st...bG6SQR8gSJO3OQ

That is hilarious.. I think Rod would fit right in with that group.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Russia’s mobilization and Putin’s nuclear saber-rattling has caused Russians to flee the country en masse.
    The mobilization sets a hard test for public support of the Ukraine war, which has already been strained in recent weeks.
    Russian society is perturbed by the mobilization, and its reluctant compliance may soon turn into anger about the mistreatment of new draftees and the rush of their deployment to the trenches without proper training.

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/Int...-Rattling.html

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Ok, rumpelstiltskin. .
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

https://www.reuters.com/world/cia-wa...el-2022-09-27/

hopefully putin falls out of a window soon since that’s going around
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi