Page 342 of 658 FirstFirst ... 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 16431

Thread: Ukraine

You forgot the tanks .

Don’t we have more tanks than our military knows what to do with? Send them over.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

US state dept supports Canada breaking sanctions and servicing Gazprom turbines.

https://www.state.gov/the-united-sta...ne-to-germany/

I yield the floor to comments.

As I stated above I don’t care that much about oil / gas sanctions or preventing Russia from exporting oil / gas. I think the G7s solution of capping the price of Russian oil is the best solution that can be obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You forgot the tanks .

Don’t we have more tanks than our military knows what to do with? Send them over.
    Tanks are for the most part operationally unsuitable in a warzone filled with drones and other precision munitions. It's a lesson Russia is leaning the hard way due to their overemphasis on armor made at the expense of dispersed infantry with their BTG groups. That's not to say tanks are useless, just that rockets and artillery are much more important, much higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    US state dept supports Canada breaking sanctions and servicing Gazprom turbines.

It doesn't require a close reading of the Press Statement to see supporting the equipment transfer was necessary in order to ensure Germany remains allied with the West against Russia. The fact is Germany is only nominally part of the Western alliance and it's now an open question whether or not Germany is still an American ally?

And I don't say that with the intention of criticizing Germany. The country in just a short amount of time is suddenly confronting many problems at once. I'm hopeful they manage to turn things around.

It’s about that time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F94370D-4283-453D-BF35-3CC485221FED.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	421416

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

Cornhole, did you know there's a big Russian gas pipeline running right through Ukraine that the Ukrainians could turn off whenever they like?

As I stated above I don’t care that much about oil / gas sanctions or preventing Russia from exporting oil / gas. I think the G7s solution of capping the price of Russian oil is the best solution that can be obtained.

Lol If the world formed an oil buyer's bloc, it would be like if Poot ran a gas station with only one customer.

You know what running a business with only one client is called? It's called "Working for that client [and the bank]". When that client says "Jump!", you gotta say "How high, sir?!", you have to smile when you say it, and when it's over you have to say, "My, what a lovely tea party!". Now imagine if Poot had an arrogant liverish motherfucker like Poot for a client...

I think the buyers cartel idea is pretty stupid.

I predict it will be dropped soon, perhaps not with great fanfare.

The only teeth is the insurance coverage, but that's pretty weak. The are other insurance companies besides the ones in uk.

Trigger warning:. This is not Putin speaking, it's just common sense, backed by a lifetime in business.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Ukraine

Tarrifs have been used for centuries. This isn’t that much different.

I saw that idea awhile back. Seems they should get on that. Russia sells oil, gets enough to cover production, rest goes into escrow pending post-war settlement. Until Russia has their own tanker fleet, there's not much they can do besides complain. Even then, if Russia had oil tankers, they'd still be dependent on other countries' navies for security. Would be a show of western diplomacy if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Tanks are for the most part operationally unsuitable in a warzone filled with drones and other precision munitions. It's a lesson Russia is leaning the hard way due to their overemphasis on armor made at the expense of dispersed infantry with their BTG groups. That's not to say tanks are useless, just that rockets and artillery are much more important, much higher priority.

It doesn't require a close reading of the Press Statement to see supporting the equipment transfer was necessary in order to ensure Germany remains allied with the West against Russia. The fact is Germany is only nominally part of the Western alliance and it's now an open question whether or not Germany is still an American ally?

And I don't say that with the intention of criticizing Germany. The country in just a short amount of time is suddenly confronting many problems at once. I'm hopeful they manage to turn things around.
    This guy says Germany trained the Russian army.
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...883393024.html

Not like the US has never armed an enemy, so no stones to throw at Germany. Just a "hey what are you thinking?" Especially on the post-2014 part.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

We no American ally. We dream of great Russia overlords.

Seriously though: if asked whether the American public would like to lose a few Million Jobs and 15% gdp I'd really like to see how many couldn't care less about Ukraine.

Considering that the US barely faces any consequences, the high gas prices bought many people to rods and the GOP's Russia friendly talking points. Considering we're facing a real problem here, We've been doing pretty well I guess.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    We no American ally. We dream of great Russia overlords.

Seriously though: if asked whether the American public would like to lose a few Million Jobs and 15% gdp I'd really like to see how many couldn't care less about Ukraine.

Considering that the US barely faces any consequences, the high gas prices bought many people to rods and the GOP's Russia friendly talking points. Considering we're facing a real problem here, We've been doing pretty well I guess.
    Yep, and those high gas prices are due to war in a major producing country. Not much the US can do to change that. We worked pretty hard diplomatically to keep peace, but Russia had other plans. Can't help but notice Russia benefits from the high prices. Should we reward them further by helping them achieve their violent aims? I think not. We could try to force Ukraine's surrender, but would a coerced peace last? The uncertainty Russia chose to create would remain, and the price premium. I say "Add oil" in the Hong Kong sense.
    Last edited by LongShortLong; 07-14-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Best viewed at full volume with a few sips of coffee black

Thunder Thursday

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status...LNQcvU1tGOghWw

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Yep, and those high gas prices are due to war in a major producing country. Not much the US can do to change that. We worked pretty hard diplomatically to keep peace, but Russia had other plans. Can't help but notice Russia benefits from the high prices. Should we reward them further by helping them achieve their violent aims? I think not. We could try to force Ukraine's surrender, but would a coerced peace last? The uncertainty Russia chose to create would remain, and the price premium. I say "Add oil" in the Hong Kong sense.
    That's not quite what I meant. Germany does by no means want Russia to install a Regime of their liking and We've been providing what we can, but committing an all in economic suicide of one of the worlds biggest economies doesn't help anyone. We're providing weapons ( of the few we actually have..but that's a different issue which annoys me because wed be screwed if putin actually got the idea to come here and nobody cared about defense since 1990), Boykott oil and coal in the near future which makes fuel real expensive and not some 1.2 Dollar per Liter as in the US, but a full Gas Boykott is not feasible. ( and still we might get one because the russians may just stop under a pretense of maintenance).

And I meant that the US isn't really affected and yet still has voices saying that ukraine is not important. There are none such voices here ( not in main stream politics or media at least).
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

“Tasty and that’s it” For fuck sake.
    https://apple.news/Ac5n9pnedTfumzypdWfjMiQ
    "Let's be careful out there."

Could have been titled: "Idaho finally gets something right"

unfriendly fries....

Since 70% of Russian attacks are hitting civilian targets currently, fries are a small price. Fuck Putin and Russians who support him.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Ukraine got their first m270 MLRS’s today. Hopefully it comes with the long range rockets and missiles.

The official Russian statement that they launched missiles from a sub at Vinnytsiev to kill a bunch of western arms dealers meeting with the Ukrainian AF--and succeeded!--means they are openly a terrorist state. Owning the deed and making up a story that even Russians could debunk is as good an admission of their intent as they've ever given for Novachok murders.

Who's decided it was time to donate beyond "non-lethal aid" and how did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

Who's decided it was time to donate beyond "non-lethal aid" and how did you do it?
    Myself, I have been helping with some logistics for getting material over to Territorial Defense Forces recently. It hasn’t been massive amounts, and not lethal stuff, but I’m hoping it helps. We have a lot of family to help out there still.

Slava Ukraini

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    That's not quite what I meant. Germany does by no means want Russia to install a Regime of their liking and We've been providing what we can, but committing an all in economic suicide of one of the worlds biggest economies doesn't help anyone. We're providing weapons ( of the few we actually have..but that's a different issue which annoys me because wed be screwed if putin actually got the idea to come here and nobody cared about defense since 1990), Boykott oil and coal in the near future which makes fuel real expensive and not some 1.2 Dollar per Liter as in the US, but a full Gas Boykott is not feasible. ( and still we might get one because the russians may just stop under a pretense of maintenance).

And I meant that the US isn't really affected and yet still has voices saying that ukraine is not important. There are none such voices here ( not in main stream politics or media at least).
    Yeah sorry, not sure what I was on about. I understand the complexity of intertwined economies, and the difficulties it makes when Russia decides it doesn't want to develop peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I think the buyers cartel idea is pretty stupid.

I predict it will be dropped soon, perhaps not with great fanfare.

The only teeth is the insurance coverage, but that's pretty weak. The are other insurance companies besides the ones in uk.

Trigger warning:. This is not Putin speaking, it's just common sense, backed by a lifetime in business.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Are you referring to Lloyd's? If so, no, there isn't.

If China buys Russian oil, they can insure it, and Russia can also. They are doing it now.

As a matter of fact, this will create new competitors to the insurance companies, as well to many others that exited Russia.

McDonald's left Russia and immediately someone started a new chain in their locations. The loser: McDonald's.

Same with the accounting firms that exited.

The Russian accounting firms are probably hiring all their former employees and taking over their business.

Sometimes sanctions don't work the way they were intended.

Envoyé de mon SNE-LX1 en utilisant Tapatalk