Page 337 of 664 FirstFirst ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Because all rod does is repeat talking points he heard on conservative shows or through russian troll farms (hard to tell the difference these days).
    I don't listen to either one

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Russian soldier shoots an abandoned S-300 anti-aircraft missile system with a 7.62mm round at close range:

https://t.me/milinfolive/86458
    It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Russian soldier shoots an abandoned S-300 anti-aircraft missile system with a 7.62mm round at close range:

https://t.me/milinfolive/86458
    Woah. Wherever he shot that truck, they need a “don’t shoot this part” sticker or something. How do you send that into a war if you can blow it up with one shot of a rifle? Wtf? Rigged to blow maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Woah. Wherever he shot that truck, they need a “don’t shoot this part” sticker or something. How do you send that into a war if you can blow it up with one shot of a rifle? Wtf? Rigged to blow maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I mean, each of those 4 ginormous tubes on the truck (TEL) has only a very thin skin containing missile full of explody solid rocket fuel with an explody thing on the top... and the Orc appears to be shooting an antimaterial rifle which likely has an explody bullet... seems like things gonna git 'splody!

Name:  connery.gif
Views: 354
Size:  491.6 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    I mean, each of those 4 ginormous tubes on the truck (TEL) has only a very thin skin containing missile full of explody solid rocket fuel with an explody thing on the top... and the Orc appears to be shooting an antimaterial rifle which likely has an explody bullet... seems like things gonna git 'splody!

Name:  connery.gif
Views: 354
Size:  491.6 KB
    I guess I see how it makes sense, it just seems shockingly vulnerable me. A single sniper could deliver that round from 1000 meters; you'd never see them. crazy.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I don't listen to either one

Yet what you mention is always exactly what those spaces are bringing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    I guess I see how it makes sense, it just seems shockingly vulnerable me. A single sniper could deliver that round from 1000 meters; you'd never see them. crazy.
    Does seem a bit splodey. Safety standards are a bit looser when people are trying to kill you. And an S300 should be well behind the front line.

I read elsewhere that one reason western munitions are more expensive is we place a higher value on safety, and spend more to get less splodey chemicals that mostly explode only when you want them too. Maybe we learned after blowing up domestic ports and railyards in accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Yet what you mention is always exactly what those spaces are bringing up.
    And projects the same way. "I've heard you all think X." The fine art of communication suffers in the rage media age.

Could be a legit personal view though. Just a different background than me with different core principles. And I mean that in the same sense that I'm sometimes accused of parroting CNN. I don't watch it, but I have a background in science and reason. CNN occasionally interrupts the infotainment for science or reason, so makes sense they'd occasionally present one of "my" ideas.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Ok, here's what i think:

Russia was arguing to invade Ukraine.
    But it did, and there is no way they will give back Crimea or the Eastern Ukraine.

Zelenski needs to be realistic about this and try to make peace, knowing that Russia will keep the conquered territory.

Biden and Johnson need to stop promising the earth to zelenski, and stop asking him to keep on fighting to the last Ukrainian.

The sanctions on Russia do not work for the most part, and us and Europe need to understand that some of the sanctions(on oil for example) hurt the USA and Europe more than they hurt Russia.

I find bidens response to " how long do the American people have to put up with Russia caused high gas prices" -"as long as it takes", i find the response despicable, showing that he doesn't care.

There's no way for Europe to survive in the next 2-3 years without Russian oil and gas. So posturing degrees no purpose. Germany knows this.

A lot of the 40+ billion sent or on the way to bring sent to Ukraine will end up lining the pockets of the Ukrainian elite, and top military.
    A lot of the weapons sent will end up being sold to people that were don't want to have them. Ukraine was one of the most corrupt countries in Europe, and it didn't transform overnight into our that isn't.

Btw, i voted for Biden, not because i thought he would make a good president, but because i thought trump was corrupt and basically a buffoon.

I don't have a tv, so i have no idea what fox or cnn are saying. The few times, in airports, that i watched either one, i didn't think much of their content, and i maintain they are not news organizations, but propaganda machines that have their own agenda

What would America do in Ukraine’s shoes?

“Yeah go ahead and keep those states. Our citizens are satisfied with this plan.”

Ok, here's what i think:

But it did, and there is no way they will give back Crimea or the Eastern Ukraine.

Zelenski needs to be realistic about this and try to make peace, knowing that Russia will keep the conquered territory.

Biden and Johnson need to stop promising the earth to zelenski, and stop asking him to keep on fighting to the last Ukrainian.

The sanctions on Russia do not work for the most part, and us and Europe need to understand that some of the sanctions(on oil for example) hurt the USA and Europe more than they hurt Russia.

I find bidens response to " how long do the American people have to put up with Russia caused high gas prices" -"as long as it takes", i find the response despicable, showing that he doesn't care.

There's no way for Europe to survive in the next 2-3 years without Russian oil and gas. So posturing degrees no purpose. Germany knows this.

A lot of the 40+ billion sent or on the way to bring sent to Ukraine will end up lining the pockets of the Ukrainian elite, and top military.
    A lot of the weapons sent will end up being sold to people that were don't want to have them. Ukraine was one of the most corrupt countries in Europe, and it didn't transform overnight into our that isn't.

Btw, i voted for Biden, not because i thought he would make a good president, but because i thought trump was corrupt and basically a buffoon.

I don't have a tv, so i have no idea what fox or cnn are saying. The few times, in airports, that i watched either one, i didn't think much of their content, and i maintain they are not news organizations, but propaganda machines that have their own agenda

Just give up is your advice to Ukraine.. Let Russia continue to steal land, assets, and send Ukrainians to prison to be tortured, then to Siberia.. Great advice Rod!!.. Putin could not have said it better.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Yep, because if there's one thing we learned from ww2 it's that appeasement works.

If there was an option for a deal that would ensure lasting peace and independence for UKR and all it’s citizens in exchange for the territory taken by RU, I think you’d have to seriously consider it as opposed to fighting a drawn out war with the ensuing death/destruction and uncertain results.

But that deal isn’t on the table, and there’s no reason to believe Putin would hold up his end of a deal like that, so war it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    What would America do in Ukraine’s shoes?

“Yeah go ahead and keep those states. Our citizens are satisfied with this plan.”
    No, the us will not do this, but realistically Ukraine is a lot smaller than Russia, and that's the reality

How many times will Putin & his gangster cabal have to say that their terminal goal is elimination of Ukrainian sovereignty & identity before appeasers will finally believe them & stop existing in la-la land where offering parts of Ukraine to Russia brings lasting peace?

No, the us will not do this, but realistically Ukraine is a lot smaller than Russia, and that's the reality

Rod to Ukraine.. Russia is a lot larger than Ukraine is. So it's realistic that you should just give up and let the Russians slit your citizens throats and rape your women... Putin to Rod.. thanks comrade!!

Ok, here's what i think:

Ukraine is supposed to give up the territory where 1/3rd of its population lives?

The sanctions have been highly effective at damaging the Russian economy and preventing them from manufacturing more weapons. Russia basically can’t manufacture any complex weapons right now.

Remember how well giving up the nukes in exchange for security assurances went for Ukraine.

This whole line of reasoning shows that you don't care. Or you just care more about gas than human life, but in any case you find it despicable to think otherwise. I don't know. Maybe it's time to re-examine your priorities. Unless they're paying you enough to afford gas, of course. In that case you've obviously got it all figured out.

A British perspective…..

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Or you just care more about gas than human life...
    rod is happy to talk about his post-invasion investment in RU oil companies and how to work around exchange restrictions in the stock market thread. He's done so several times. No big deal.

"I'd like to ski with him, though. I'm sure he's a great guy."

A few stolen weapons by corrupt Ukrainians is a small additional price to pay for all the Russians they are killing with the ones that get to the front lines.

Most Ukrainians are willing to fight to the death to protect their country. This is honorable and we should make sure they are sufficiently armed to effectively kill Russians.

Appeasement of Putin will just make future war more likely.

Also, happy Ivana Kupala, go find a sexy Ukrainian gal and celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    rod is happy to talk about his post-invasion investment in RU oil companies and how to work around exchange restrictions in the stock market thread. He's done so several times. No big deal.

"I'd like to ski with him, though. I'm sure he's a great guy."
    He's got it all figured out. Coincidentally, I've noticed lately that skiing with the imagination-informed too often means playing defense in a game of Bullshit Assymetry on the chair. The last was "you know we did a false flag at Tonkin and Hillary started ISIS." I haven't really found it adds anything I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    A few stolen weapons by corrupt Ukrainians is a small additional price to pay for all the Russians they are killing with the ones that get to the front lines.
    Yup. And the narrative of Ukrainian corruption is particularly awesome since it's brought to us by the people exporting corruption to Ukraine. Kinda familiar now--they're all Nazis, after all.

Just to be clear, corruption is a huge problem in Ukraine and in the Ukrainian military. Let’s just deal with that after the war.