Page 395 of 662 FirstFirst ... 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Or until the economies of Europe collapse.
    What exactly do you expect the economic consequences of the Russians employing nuclear weapons to be? Rainbows and unicorn farts?

The economies of Europe won't collapse, but they'll hurt. So will everyone's.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Just asking for a friend.

For how long will we keep all this?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    is your friends name Vladimir? You can tell him it will be kept as long as necessary. How long is necessary will be up to him.

We aren't really close to a nuclear alert. There are at least five escalatory steps before things get hot. Although some say that Putin will take the first one by declaring actual war on Ukraine, as soon as they're done playing the mock referenda game.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ne4mcrk192q91.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	427636

I wonder if the school shooting coward was allowed to lick Putin’s boots before trying to bolster the propaganda bullshit of “Nazism” being the cause of war?
    "Let's be careful out there."

If Vlad pulls the nuke trigger, my bet would be on a decapitation strike aimed at Zelenskyy/Kyiv. A tac nuke on the battlefield would be of limited effectiveness, but removing the top Ukrainian leadership might be a gamble that pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by ripvw View Post
    If Vlad pulls the nuke trigger, my bet would be on a decapitation strike aimed at Zelenskyy/Kyiv. A tac nuke on the battlefield would be of limited effectiveness, but removing the top Ukrainian leadership might be a gamble that pays off.
    Also more likely to cause NATO to skip the subtle tactics and reply in kind.

Killing a half million civilians and dropping the fallout into Russia or Belarus is not gonna be a survivable actions for Putin.

Prove yourself to be a rabid dog, get put down like one before you can bite again.

Besides, you don't need a nuke to kill Zelenskyy. He's outside in the open all the time. Political leaders do not target each other unless they have no other choice or unless they feel completely immune from counterstrike, as were the cases when we tried and failed to smoke Saddam.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Ukraine

I think Putin has proven he doesn’t give a shit about civilian casualties. In fact, that seems to be his preferred tactic. As he gets increasingly desperate, odds of him looking for a game changing action of some sort are quite high. Regardless of consequences.

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

lol, Russian state uses Tucker Carlson's anti-American, anti-Ukrainian propaganda, but say his "analysis" is "somewhat primitive."

Attachment 427650

Attachment 427651

State Department Spokesperson Ned Price reacts to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden being granted Russian citizenship:

“Perhaps the only thing that has changed is … apparently now he may well be conscripted to fight in the reckless war in Ukraine.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    State Department Spokesperson Ned Price reacts to NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden being granted Russian citizenship:

“Perhaps the only thing that has changed is … apparently now he may well be conscripted to fight in the reckless war in Ukraine.”
    Poetic justice.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

On September 26, 1983 Stanislav Petrov saved civilization and quite possibly the human race. So happy Stanislav Petrov day. His actions that day also beg the question even if Putin ordered a nuclear attack, would the Russian military carry out his orders?

That would mean they have violated their own doctrine. Using strategic nuclear weapons against Kyiv doesn’t do anything to stop the battalion’s that are defeating Russia in the Donbas, Luhansk, etc.

As Summit pointed out, to change the battlefield Russia would have to use numerous tactical nukes to achieve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    lol, Russian state uses Tucker Carlson's anti-American, anti-Ukrainian propaganda, but say his "analysis" is "somewhat primitive."

Attachment 427650

Attachment 427651
    Do you have the link? I’d like to see the full video.

the context is that he is a stupid cunt... and it was 2019. Hard to tell because Fox has been cheerleading for putler for so long.

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/...-america-first
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Do you have the link? I’d like to see the full video.
    In the clip linked below the Russian talking head smirks and says Carlson's take, while still useful to them, is "of course... somewhat primitive" after Tucker falsely claims Ukraine and Russia had a peace agreement last April. Tucker channeling Rod says Russia would have left Ukraine in exchange for a promise not to join NATO but the Biden admin nixed the deal:

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/s...63767482245122

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    That would mean they have violated their own doctrine. Using strategic nuclear weapons against Kyiv doesn’t do anything to stop the battalion’s that are defeating Russia in the Donbas, Luhansk, etc.

As Summit pointed out, to change the battlefield Russia would have to use numerous tactical nukes to achieve anything.

The battalions defeating Russian troops would take orders from whom if most of the senior Ukrainian leadership is gone?

Of course I hope and pray Putin isn’t foolish enough to use nuclear weapons in any situation. That said I’m having a difficult time gaming out how this ends? The Russians are getting beat…badly. Throwing another couple hundred thousand poorly trained and equipped conscripts into the meat grinder isn’t going to change that.

To survive, he cannot lose in Ukraine. He needs something big, and soon, to change momentum of this conflict or he’s a dead man. I’d celebrate that, but his potential replacements may be worse than him.
    Last edited by ripvw; 09-26-2022 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    We aren't really close to a nuclear alert. There are at least five escalatory steps before things get hot. Although some say that Putin will take the first one by declaring actual war on Ukraine, as soon as they're done playing the mock referenda game.

So does that mean we will be canceling opening day? Trying to figure out my pass situation.

To survive, cannot lose in Ukraine. He needs something big, and soon, to change momentum of this conflict or he’s a dead man. I’d celebrate that, but his potential replacements may be worse than him.
    There's no doubt that inside the Kremlin there are people worse than Putin but on the other hand the Russian State has an easy solution out of its quagmire: leave Ukraine and get back to engaging in trade, not war.

Reparations will certainly be owed to Ukraine for all the wanton destruction (how can you give reparations for human life) and Russia will not be in an economic position to do this easily. Even if Putin is removed and Russia withdraws, the sanctions must remain in place until Russia gives Ukraine the money to rebuild

That could all be worked out. In the overall scheme of things we're talking about a couple of hundred billion equivalent € so far in rebuilding costs. It will cost Russia a lot more than that to continue fighting their war of aggression. It would also require a political awakening inside Russia. Recent grafitti in St. Petersburg: "To start with you were indifferent to politics and now you're cannon fodder"

Attachment 427672

Or until the economies of Europe collapse.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    Somehow I think the Russian special mobilized operation will collapse first.

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/...76679539527680

Newly mobilized Russians are told what they need to take to the war. Spoiler - pads and tampons.
    (English subtitles)
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Reparations will certainly be owed to Ukraine for all the wanton destruction (how can you give reparations for human life) and Russia will not be in an economic position to do this easily. Even if Putin is removed and Russia withdraws, the sanctions must remain in place until Russia gives Ukraine the money to rebuild
    I don’t necessarily disagree, but easier said than done. A politically, militarily and economically crippled state with thousands of nuclear weapons is not a good recipe for global stability.