Page 393 of 663 FirstFirst ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 16553

Thread: Ukraine

What are the odds of most of these very unwilling new Russian conscripts immediately surrendering and handing over their weapons to the first Ukrainians they encounter after crossing the border? It was already happening right?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ukraine

Russian woman attending a pro-war demonstration in Moscow today says that she would be happier if her son got wounded in Ukraine than if he would stay in Russia because he is likely to die from alcoholism there.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/statu...kGKeDdO1B2LgMw

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    So in response to Russia's mobilization, Europe needs to send armor in much larger quantities and America needs to send just enough ATACMS to cut Russian supply lines in the south, enough to take out two bridges. Otherwise a long costly campaign becomes much more likely.
    As armchair general, I support MV's promotion to armchair field marshal. There's only a few bridges and rail lines carrying most of Russia's occupation logistics. Should be relatively easy to cut them and keep them cut. An ATACMS a day keeps the dictator away?

Kerch straight bridges are why Russia is so belligerent about ATACMS

mobilization looks embarrassing, two weeks training for fat old drunks, then had them a moisin or a tank? Good job putin

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    As armchair general, I support MV's promotion to armchair field marshal. There's only a few bridges and rail lines carrying most of Russia's occupation logistics. Should be relatively easy to cut them and keep them cut. An ATACMS a day keeps the dictator away?
    The west needs to respond to Putin’s mobilization and referendums, sending ATACMS and thermobaric MLRS to devastate the mobilized troops in-route to the battlefield seems a fitting response.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Wow. All those predictions that One Child would send China into war and so few suggested that they could just act friendly toward a large scale loser and send off for brides. Impressive.
    俄罗斯邮购新娘

रूसी मेल ऑर्डर दुल्हन

😅 😂 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Since this is now a long war, we should start equipping and training Ukrainians as such.

We can start training Ukrainians on western aircraft. AMARG can start restoring aircraft. Throw some modern targeting and EW packages on older airframes then fly them from AZ to UKR. There are plenty of F-16s, F-18s, E-2s, S-3s, and C-130s. Many are probably in fly-hold or 1000 returnable condition. While some of these are used for spares, most will end up scrapped if not brought online and donated to UKR.

Sierra Army Depot in CA has 26,000 stored armored vehicles. We have 2000 M-1 tanks sitting there that we will never use. That they are worn is fine. They only need to last another 1000mi. They would be a more than excellent counter to the 1000s of clapped out T-62s (and older) that Putin is having brought out of storage. The difference is the M1s we send can outfight the T-62 any day with better sensors and fire-while-moving gyrostablized guns while the T-62s stop to fire, then the autoloader loads the gunner's arm into the barrel. Sierra also has thousands of M-2 Bradleys.

This is a slow motion Soviet invasion of Europe that the West always prepared for, just 30 years later than we thought, and fought on the Ukrainian plains instead of the central German plains, and Ukes are dying instead of NATO. If such a horrific thing was bound to happen, this is literally the least terrible way for it to happen.

Now is the time to use the deep storage arsenal of democracy. We'd never use it in a war with China as there would be no time to prepare and no place to deploy such assets.

Perhaps the material support would make Putin back down before the fight. Facing off against Abrams tanks certainly would make his reservists run.
    This is a great point. It’s easy to lose perspective but this really IS what we had prepared for, for so long. Might as well use the tools we forged for the occasion, especially if Pootie is dusting off WW2 jalopies.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Ukraine: The Latest
    daily podcast from the Telegraph (UK news)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K96UpvXm3D8

I'd seen earlier pieces that were janky, but just listened to two of these and they seem like a good summary of Ukraine war news.

During Vietnam, Americans burned draft cards.

During Ukraine, Russian burn draft offices. Very Russian
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Bring back zagraditel'nye otriady - blocking detachments (the penal battalions tasked with shooting their own retreating men... to keep them from retreating)!
    If not going so far as actually shooting deserters, Russian Chechen soldiers like the infamous Tik Tok battalion are primarily serving as thug enforcers in occupied territory. Seen here enforcing Russia's sham vote & annexation of occupied territories:

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/statu...67798302892033

Only partially confirmed but, wow. That is some heavy loss, even if it isn’t really 4. Better get the drunks to the front lines soon!

https://twitter.com/WarMonitor3/stat...hdMwGu-sA&s=19

https://twitter.com/Ukr1654/status/1...lFSkDFLkA&s=19

Edit...they are saying now this is alternate video of Su-30 that was shot down, not Ka 52 heli.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...SqL7ahIdw&s=19

Here is the other video of the Su-30

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1...0dKiHV4t11EfxQ

FB footy you can see missile coming in from the right and ejection parachute.

https://fb.watch/fLfA5q_kv-/

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by uglymoney; 09-24-2022 at 04:29 PM.

During Vietnam, Americans burned draft cards.

During Ukraine, Russian burn draft offices. Very Russian
    During WWII in Germany everyone cheered for total war. Well we have come a long way fortunately.

Not that most of the Russians have learned that much.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

France looking to send/sell more CEASAR howitzers to Ukraine because supposedly they move well and last better.

The collapse is going to be spectacular. Hopefully they keep the Football away from Vlad.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    So Putin is going to mobilize a million untrained and ill equipped men, who are going to get slaughtered by modern precision weapons. Russia will have a super bright future with a 100,000+ dead young men and 100,000’s of wounded and disabled with PTSD returning to their society.

Crimean TV hacked, Zelensky addresses the people there. Pretty good production values.

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/...30f7321d5f%2F0

“Russia Imploding” was not on my 2021 Bingo card, I have to admit.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

It's gonna be messy afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    what about your 2022 card?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Things started to get a little fuzzy by March.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It's gonna be messy afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yesh.

Too bad the leading prospects to replace Putin are radical ultra right nationalists.

It feels so good to watch their shit being blown up but the crystal ball is looking pretty bleak.

I do think all signs point to a power spiral. Putin holding on for dear life.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Crimean TV hacked, Zelensky addresses the people there. Pretty good production values.

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/...30f7321d5f%2F0
    That is awesome. Hopefully Dmitri or somebody else translates this.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fda1RdSXwAA_GN0.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	427448

Mobilisation in eastern Russia seems to be going well. Everybody wants to due for the glorious fatherland.
    https://twitter.com/JRcryptofuture/s...1MYEj7HEA&s=19
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.