Page 6 of 663 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukraine

It's Putin's fault.

The problem is what to do about the world's dictators? The current approach seems to be deter, contain, and hope they change. If they don't have nukes or friends with nukes, invading also an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Putin was a kgb colonel, not an armored division commander. I may be wrong, but I think it will be death by a thousand cuts. He wants to topple this govt and so far he’s done a lot of damage just moving pieces around on the chessboard. I’d be surprised if moved fast and attacked outside of these two Donbas states. Unless the Ukrainians send everything they’ve got down there, then he’ll just put pressure on them from another direction.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ugh

Watching on the internet as an entire country gets invaded in slow motion is absolutely surreal.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    I was just thinking that this is actually the best moment of Biden's presidency. TIHI

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Sure you're not still being hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I just love seeing my name in print

Why exactly?

I am actually up late watching this shit on the tv.

Thinking about te the people in Ukraine.
    Fair enough, I just assumed since you tend to post 'many people are saying' type things that you might be doing the same thing here. Sorry to lump you in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Watching on the internet as an entire country gets invaded in slow motion is absolutely surreal.
    It is. It's different than watching the path of tomahawks on TV while at school in 2003.

There seems to be a fair amount of stuff circulating that's old though, back to 2015 even. Since I'm isolated from it over here the best play seems to be keeping a skeptical approach for now and not spreading stuff without some verification of the source/event.

For example Summit posted about an attack on Odessa but it looks like that was Ochakiv instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I’ve not seen MTT blame the US

The poliass thread is full of “this is the Dems fault for beating the war drums since 2016”, “this is just Biden trying to make a distraction”, “this is just Russia defending its borders by invading an area they have a long history with - the US should stop antagonizing them” , “America doesn’t understand that the Ukrainians that are opposed to Russia invasion are themselves Nazis” etc etc

It’s all there.

Also a lot of “if you think Russia invading the Ukraine is bad you have to sign up for the military and go fix it - otherwise you can’t criticize”
    Not sure I want to know who else then.

Have the mods been properly notified of the poliass incursion into the sacred PR? It's bad what's happening to the Ukrainians, but what if someone's feelings are hurt being subject to a political thread in here? Can't have that, amirite? Should we go through where the line is drawn again? [/sarcasm, of course there is no line, it's whatever the mods feel like on a given day]

I like that for whatever reason this particular event is deemed worthy of PR discussion, but equally or more important political discussions can't be seen. PROTECT THE MAGS, MODS! DO YOUR JOB AND MOVE THIS SHIT!! Please help the helpless who can't help clicking on things they don't want to see. Dude, totally harshing my stoke, brah.
    [quote][//quote]

So
    If you move a thread named Ukraine into polyass when there is already one there, will it glitch the matrix and crash the server?
    . . .

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60454795

Just putting this out there. Latest from BBC.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Should finally eliminate poliass and move everything back into here. Will be worth it just to watch the bro/brah crowd's heads explode when they're subject to seeing thread titles they object to. (Weird how that group of people gets to dictate the rules, but that's what two or three mods decided the 'rules' should be, so...more mass suckage here.)
    [quote][//quote]

Or perhaps they could just move it to the ECRC thread you moron.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Have the mods been properly notified of the poliass incursion into the sacred PR? It's bad what's happening to the Ukrainians, but what if someone's feelings are hurt being subject to a political thread in here? Can't have that, amirite? Should we go through where the line is drawn again? [/sarcasm, of course there is no line, it's whatever the mods feel like on a given day]

I like that for whatever reason this particular event is deemed worthy of PR discussion, but equally or more important political discussions can't be seen. PROTECT THE MAGS, MODS! DO YOUR JOB AND MOVE THIS SHIT!! Please help the helpless who can't help clicking on things they don't want to see. Dude, totally harshing my stoke, brah.
    you wouldnt know stoke if it bitched slapped you across the face
    keep bringin your sad least coast dex suck bro
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    The basic argument is Putin's afraid of NATO,
    Putin's afraid of losing power. His inner circle of supporters has shrunk markedly since 2014. Resembles Iran's government, if that can be called a "government".
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Or perhaps they could just move it to the ECRC thread you moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    you wouldnt know stoke if it bitched slapped you across the face
    keep bringin your sad least coast dex suck bro
    My point exactly. Right on cue, the idiot brigade shows up. STOKE, BRAH!!! DON'T HARSH IT WITH POLIASS!

At least I know what the front of the ski boot feels like, unlike you gaper wannabes (and I'm also capable of not clicking on threads I don't want to see and then bitching, for some reason--capacity for rational thought and all that).
    [quote][//quote]

I'm stocking up on Russian vodka and caviar just in case.

And titanium.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    do you post your front of the boot skiing radness on a poliassfuck site?
    cause it aint here bro
    are you still butthurt cause neither the front of them boots nor the back couldnt make it up fantasy ridge?
    ill take you boots up for you next time
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I don’t see what the confusion is all about. Nobody was aggressive towards Russia. Any sane person could see that if Putin didn’t start a war, the borders would stay right where they’ve been since the dissolution of the USSR. Ukraine has never been a military threat to Russia in any meaningful way. Putin is a maniac with a big military and nukes. He’s no different mentally than Saddam, just better armed. He likes killing people and enriching himself. As long as he can do that and stay alive and rich, he will continue doing it. It’s not complicated. The only way this doesn’t get a lot worse is if some element of the Russian government recognizes that and takes him out or if he drops dead of a heart attack or a stroke or something.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Sure you're not still being hacked?
    To elaborate a bit, Biden's presidency has been really really bad up to this point. To be fair, he's been up against a very difficult set of circumstances, but so far he's fumbled the ball pretty badly. Credit it where it's due though, US intelligence called this one pretty darn well and Biden looks very good because of it. The reason I hate it is because I'm strongly anti-war and I think the United States wastes entirely too much money on instruments of destruction. Putin can be bad and Biden can be a shitty corporatist simultaneously. And for the record, I lean strongly to the left.

It's a dark thought, but let's be real, this war is the only thing that possibly saves Biden and Dems in the midterms. I feel like some of the sociopaths running our country actually want this war. Our bridges are collapsing on their own, homelessness is rampant, we're 30T in debt, but the war machine churns on.

cause it aint here bro
    are you still butthurt cause neither the front of them boots nor the back couldnt make it up fantasy ridge?
    Don't be too hard on him, this is his home hill.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	west-sign1.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	407222

cause it aint here bro
    Yeah, that gnar was way too much for me. TBH, I was warned that I would find Solitude disappointing...

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Don't be too hard on him, this is his home hill.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	west-sign1.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	407222
    Yeah, nice stalking--that's where I'm coaching now, and it's an extremely good program (not sure you'd understand that, but it is). I would pay money to watch SFB flail on the steeper race hill after the kids have been on it--he'd be on his ass after attempting one turn (you, OTOH, may not even ski, so...).
    [quote][//quote]

To elaborate a bit, Biden's presidency has been really really bad up to this point. To be fair, he's been up against a very difficult set of circumstances, but so far he's fumbled the ball pretty badly. Credit it where it's due though, US intelligence called this one pretty darn well and Biden looks very good because of it.
    Biden's had some pretty good hits to go with his misses, and his handling of this (Ukraine) has been as good as could be expected of any president. Where he's failed has been mainly in messaging (yes, he's a Dem), but even there a lot of it is out of his control. Especially these days when 30-40% of the country is beyond reach thanks to the orange demagogue and his Russian partners. I don't personally have anything to offer in terms of what could be done better to help Ukraine right now (I mean things that the U.S. could realistically control), but it is kind of chilling to see all those people sheltering in subway stations, etc.
    [quote][//quote]

Yeah, that gnar was way too much for me. TBH, I was warned that I would find Solitude disappointing...

Yeah, nice stalking--that's where I'm coaching now, and it's an extremely good program (not sure you'd understand that, but it is). I would pay money to watch SFB flail on the steeper race hill after the kids have been on it--he'd be on his ass after attempting one turn (you, OTOH, may not even ski, so...).

Ya, that program is legit. And so is that FIS GS hill.

Does Vonn get out there and rip it up still?!

Biden's had some pretty good hits to go with his misses, and his handling of this (Ukraine) has been as good as could be expected of any president. Where he's failed has been mainly in messaging (yes, he's a Dem), but even there a lot of it is out of his control. Especially these days when 30-40% of the country is beyond reach thanks to the orange demagogue and his Russian partners. I don't personally have anything to offer in terms of what could be done better to help Ukraine right now (I mean things that the U.S. could realistically control), but it is kind of chilling to see all those people sheltering in subway stations, etc.
    Um, what? Mr. "I can reach across the aisle" has been cucked by his own party and hasn't passed a single piece of major legislation. Orange man bad, but decades of Neoliberalism created the opportunity for him to get into office.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Ya, that program is legit. And so is that FIS GS hill.

Does Vonn get out there and rip it up still?!
    He's always coaching his FIS kids, I've only seen him skiing a few times...not what I'd describe as ripping, although I'm certain he could if he wanted to.

I will deny posting this if attributed to me, but he skis in vintage 1990 Nordica rear entry (rental shop style) ski boots. I keep forgetting to ask him about that (I have to figure out how to do it without sounding like I'm mocking him).

Yeah, West is the real deal when it comes to ski racing, and for a hill that size it actually skis surprisingly well. Not a place I'd recommend to travel to (with Gore and S VT close by), although they do have a magic carpet and tubing hill, so both SFB and Timberridge could be well taken care of.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    It's Putin's fault.

The problem is what to do about the world's dictators? The current approach seems to be deter, contain, and hope they change. If they don't have nukes or friends with nukes, invading also an option.
    You give them an Olympics, duh.
    I still call it The Jake.

Um, what? Mr. "I can reach across the aisle" has been cucked by his own party and hasn't passed a single piece of major legislation. Orange man bad, but decades of Neoliberalism created the opportunity for him to get into office.

What in the living fuck are you on about? Largest relief package EVER passed ($1.9 trillion), largest infrastructure bill ever passed ($1 trillion), all those federal judges confirmed. Take the bullshit Trump talking points to FB or wherever you guys self-fellate these days.
    [quote][//quote]

Did Putin invade the ECRC too?

What the fuck?

Timber: I made the switch to paddlefish a long time ago when the ossetra caviar just felt dirty. YMMV.
    I still call it The Jake.