Page 484 of 663 FirstFirst ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 16551

Thread: Ukraine

In a post toast with the most moist, the host who got dosed might roast the ghost.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ooh I love roasting ghosts. Add a little black pepper and cayenne...

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I can see I’ve ruffled some feathers trying to understand what our enemy is thinking? Let me make it up to you all.

1. Putin has no support and will be assassinated soon.
    2. Russia has run out of missles six months Ago.
    3. Their nukes probably won’t work if fired, everyone relax.
    4. When the Russians leave voluntarily they will send a check for all damages, and send their children back to fill bomb crates.

The rivers will flow with chocolate and unicorns will roam freely

Imbeciles.
    Are these your assertions?

You've been more or less consistent in your suggestion that Russia should be allowed to take over Ukraine because Putin promises he'll stop there and it's not worth it to try to help Ukraine stay independent from Russia.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Tanks on the way!!

Horaaaayyy!!

Duck. And cover.

Happy Tanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Consistency is not a function of cognitive decline or any other ad hominem pejorative agist shit.
    Nobody can really say for sure what another person is thinking. But Rod does routinely repeat the same old lies over-and-over again even when they have been proven false. It’s sort of like not really knowing why Kanye, for example, routinely scapegoats Jews. Maybe folks should stop referring to him as an anti-Semite. Just like nobody is certain that Mel Gibson is actually afraid of gay people. Maybe folks should stop calling him a homophobe. And nobody knows for sure why the hijackers flew their planes into the towers. Maybe folks should stop saying they "hate America." Maybe they were just really sad.

If it isn't cognitive decline then it's the character of his arguments. In that sense calling his arguments dumb is letting him off too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Happy Tanksgiving.

Nobody can really say for sure what another person is thinking. But Rod does routinely repeat the same old lies over-and-over again even when they have been proven false. It’s sort of like not really knowing why Kanye, for example, routinely scapegoats Jews. Maybe folks should stop referring to him as an anti-Semite. Just like nobody is certain that Mel Gibson is actually afraid of gay people. Maybe folks should stop calling him a homophobe. And nobody knows for sure why the hijackers flew their planes into the towers. Maybe folks should stop saying they "hate America." Maybe they were just really sad.
    Mostly irrelevant given your claim of cognitive decline when Rods has been if nothing else consistent. Ye and Gibson have earned their rebukes by their conduct.

You act like you're smarter than that. Try it sometime.

This has less to do with age and more to do with the character of his arguments. In that sense calling his arguments dumb is letting him off too easily.
    Again, feel free to argue with posts.

Some of us will judge you dumber than a post for doing so and perhaps even worse, unable to accurately form an argument.

Fuck Putin, fuck the drujjy dr00gs that support him while contrasting that with the great art and literature in particular of a great Russian culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    unable to accurately form an argument.

Fuck Putin, fuck the drujjy dr00gs that support him while contrasting that with the great art and literature in particular of a great Russian culture.
    Did you miss the argument? Maybe you should go back and reread the post. As far as Russian art and literature goes maybe you should try reading it sometime. Because the great Russian works were all written by dissidents whose art stood in opposition to Russian tsarist culture.

All due respect, if that's your argument then you're as clueless as Rod & Leroy. Modern Russian culture is reactionary and broken.

Did you miss the argument? Maybe you should go back and reread the post. As far as Russian art and literature goes maybe you should try reading it sometime. Because the great Russian works were all written by dissidents whose art stood in opposition to Russian culture.
    I didn't miss any argument, only your cheap shot pejorative.

Russian lit is Russian culture just as much as hippies are American culture. It's not a monoculture, dipshit. Same with alt-right, Trumpists and jazz.

You're a shallow fucking asshole.

You're sanctimonious, preachy, and clueless. Comparing Russia with America is about as naive as it gets. As hard as it is for some to accept, most Russians support Putin and support Putin's wars.

Ferrous irony, shallow regurgitation and the failure of recognizing dissidents as part of a culture in the absence of knowing anything about what I read or do.

Not smart again. Now run along, there are adults here.

Au contraire, I've consistently discussed the Russian dissident minority. An "adult" would see that's the case. How do you not fall down more?

I don't understand how anyone can see dissidents as independent of the culture that fostered them, especially Bulgakov, Turgenev, Tolstoy, Chekov, Nabokov, Solzenitzen, Mussorsky, Tchaikovsky, etc.

But back to the point, which you evince over and over: most of your arguments are personal attacks which define you as an asshole. The method is innately reflexive.

If you're going to argue with the intransigent, at least be consistent in your argument. It's obvious Rod isn't going to be convinced by ad hominems let alone arguments.

Who said anything about independent? I said they were a small minority. I litterly highlighted one of those brave souls on the previous page. And as I've said before, I view Rod as a proxy for the Tucker Carlson crowd. In that sense it's not so much arguing with Rod as it is with where he gets his ideas from, even though he might deny it. And most of my arguments are quite polite most of the time so you're wrong about that.

As for ad hominems, it's a misconception that they are always a fallacy. Ad hominem consideration can sometimes be relevant to assessing arguments. In this case if a persons is stridently pro-Russia then that matters. You need to get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Are these your assertions?

You've been more or less consistent in your suggestion that Russia should be allowed to take over Ukraine because Putin promises he'll stop there and it's not worth it to try to help Ukraine stay independent from Russia.
    I’m being sarcastic. And what you said is Simply untrue. I’m on record saying I support this admins decisions thus far. Even recently, they were dragging their feet to send tanks because they share some concern. . But. No one critizes their own anymore. All I do is try to hypothesize what the available outcomes are, and I’m met with insults. It’s the Cancel culture. try to think outside the box and you have to dig yourself out of the Putin oayroll slight. Weak. I’m no summit, but grew up in the military section of the library and playing war games:board games. In college, yrs ago, critical thought was encouraged.

Being told their nukes are duds is simply idiotic to take out of the equation. My first concern is the US and GB, not Ukraine. And it should be yours too. You may see a different outcome etc. like this rag tag army invading Poland next, but that is still a possibility in my mind so I consider it.

I hope I’m wrong, I hope I get shit for the next 15 yrs on this board, but it could all still change in the blink of an eye and you should be worried too.

Who said anything about independent? I said they were a small minority. I litterly highlighted one of those brave souls on the previous page. And as I've said before, I view Rod as a proxy for the Tucker Carlson crowd. In that sense it's not so much arguing with Rod as it is with where he gets his ideas from, even though he might deny it. And most of my arguments are quite polite most of the time so you're wrong about that.

As for ad hominems, it's a misconception that they are always a fallacy. Ad hominem consideration can sometimes be relevant to assessing arguments. In this case if a persons is stridently pro-Russia then that matters. You need to get off your high horse.
    In the end, that’s what it’s about for you. Domestic politics. Tucker, lol. We’ll never get over 2016. If I could go back in time I’d elect Hillary, that way we’d be looking at a potential ww3 without our bullshit disfunction in the way.

Tucker is passionately and unapologetically pro-Russia and that's what I'm referring to. 2016 has nothing to do with it. I've never said anything about Hillary until just now. If anything you're the one who consistently tries to exculpate Russia by arguing the only reason anyone opposes the Russian invasion is because they dislike Trump. It's one of several of your consistently dishonest takes.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Ok, so if Russia is incapable of fighting nato (probably true), why is everyone worried that Ukraine is the first step toward invading Europe?
    If they invade Poland, NATO will declare war, so Russia will be crushed.

Or any other country?
    Larltvia, Estonia? NATO countries.

And there's no way Ukraine will be part of eu it NATO in the next 20 years or so. That's been said very often by eu governments.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    I don't really think its about Russia being able to invade europe in the short term, but rather that Russia needs ukraine to be competitive and viable in the long term. Without that breadbasket heartland and oil/natural gas and access to ports russia is going to dwindle in power into near irrelevancy in the coming decades. Especially since they are facing demographic collapse. If they take ukraine and the aforementioned assets they will increase their power and influence over the coming decades and be able to bring more countries into their sphere of influence, something that won't have much appeal unless they can grow their power.

I think putin's advancing age and likely failing health has him looking at his legacy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Ok, i agree with why Russia wants Ukraine's resources.

But a lot of people here said, if we don't stop Russia now, they will take over Europe.

Which i don't think it's possible.

It's not a domino theory, at least not geographically. Much more "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." And, you know, genocide: decent humans oppose it.

It's much more likely that if Putin succeeds Iran gets a bomb, NK builds ICBMs and China invades Taiwan.

Is that why the feet are dragging? US has more motivation and if it goes wrong Europe can just ignore the next few of these?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vN12KY7eR8U
    Those guys go to the meatgrinder.

Russian modern art. For sure not in line with the mainstream.
    One line of the lyric is:
    i cant leave this country

But a lot of people here said, if we don't stop Russia now, they will take over Europe.

It’s called fear mongering and lying. With Ukraine not being a NATO country they had to make every stretch. Couple that with the “you’re a Putin apologist” crowd, I’d consider these guys as much war criminals as Rumsfield.

But as they say, be careful what you wish for. We’re sending tanks and then jets next. They may get what wished for.

The more important reason to support Ukraine is the treaty breaking. We took Ukraines nukes away with the assurances from both Russian and others that they would not take offensive action. That is being proven not to be the case. If we do not step in to protect them now, we incentivize a new era of nuclear proliferation while simultaneously eliminating any possibility nations will disarm. It will make all the concerns of Cono and others even worse, and put the MAD buttons in the hands of more people, some of whom may be unhinged.

Should we have stepped in during Crimea? Likely yes, but you can't change history.

No one has said they will take over all of Europe, but any non-NATO Eastern European countries would be at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Should we have stepped in during Crimea? Likely yes, but you can't change history.
    Our precedent from 2008 didn't help, but we were caught flat-footed in 2014 and Putin was not. It's ironic how many people buy the Russian line about Maidan being a CIA-backed coup despite the fact that Putin was the only one who saw it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    It’s called fear mongering and lying. With Ukraine not being a NATO country they had to make every stretch. Couple that with the “you’re a Putin apologist” crowd, I’d consider these guys as much war criminals as Rumsfield.

But as they say, be careful what you wish for. We’re sending tanks and then jets next. They may get what wished for.
    So someone voicing an opinion on an Internet forum is a war criminal? This is an interesting take.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums