Page 402 of 658 FirstFirst ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 16431

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Yes. And this is like a bazillion claymores at once that you can shoot from a few provinces away.

How is it different in effect from any other artillery designed to kill the maximum number of enemy combatants for the lowest possible cost?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I don't care whose side it's on, that thing is a special kind of evil.
    The artillery shells we shipped already do that. The foundational problem is war is a special kind of evil.

There's a twitter thread around somewhere about Russian artillery fusing. (Fusing describes how the explosion is triggered). Russian shells are mostly exploding on the ground rather than above the ground. This makes each shell less effective, but they shoot more to compensate. The delivered evil is about the same.

War is fubar.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Anti-personnel cluster HIMARS? Going to be some bad, bad nights and days in the trenches for the Ruzzians.
    This isn't that. It's the cluster-free replacement https://www.usarcent.army.mil/News/F...-to-civilians/

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    This isn't that. It's the cluster-free replacement https://www.usarcent.army.mil/News/F...-to-civilians/
    Okay, that still sounds like the Ruzzians are going to have a bad time. I think they actually might have seen it on twitter already....

https://twitter.com/RF200_NOW/status...80778927042561
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Yeah, saying CNN is leftist these days indicates you are either crazypants hard right or haven't watched it any time in the past five years.
    Criticize them for beating dumb news stories into the ground.

Okay, that still sounds like the Ruzzians are going to have a bad time. I think they actually might have seen it on twitter already....

Da. They will have a bad time. I hope they decide to go back to Russia soon. Better for everyone. They ought to request better governance too.

But little balls are better for whomever had to deal with it afterwards. The amount of UXO from shitty Russian shells ground fused seems insane. Who knows, that even be a secondary point.

I read that Putin had a premature annexation.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Russian elites who oppose the war Despite awareness of the impending catastrophe, nobody in Russia’s elite has tried to persuade Putin to stop the war for a long time.
    I have been assuming the elites that have recently questioned Putin are the same elites that keep falling out windows and down stairs.

Slightly OT; when Putin called for mobilization, why didn't Finland and other western 'friendly' countries block entry from all the fleeing Russians (as well as have all western friendly airports pull landing rights)? Seems keeping all these people in Russia will only help destabilize as well as force Putin to slaughter his own citizens. That may change the tune internally. Who knows....maybe not.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82417200-408F-4154-BBE1-2A43B0BB95D3.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	349.1 KB 
ID:	428177

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...yQLL-Cjp8_U6WA

I have some additional thoughts, but those would best be left to poly-ass.

It’s clear to anyone paying attention that if the alliance continues supporting Ukraine until Russia is forced to negotiate an end with modest or no territorial gains, this will delay China’s invasion of Taiwan indefinitely.

It’s sad that the CPAC GOP has gone soft on China but that’s a topic for polyass.

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    Slightly OT; when Putin called for mobilization, why didn't Finland and other western 'friendly' countries block entry from all the fleeing Russians (as well as have all western friendly airports pull landing rights)? Seems keeping all these people in Russia will only help destabilize as well as force Putin to slaughter his own citizens. That may change the tune internally. Who knows....maybe not.
    I don’t know, didn’t we used to call people who fled a tyrant refugees?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    You guys will maybe regain some sanity when you realize that Fox doesn’t actually support anyone. They sell division through contrarian spew and as long as they can keep everyone divided and frothing at the mouth, business is good. Same goes for CNN. It’s all fucking garbage.
    What?!? No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I don’t know, didn’t we used to call people who fled a tyrant refugees?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEE76F4E-5C47-4C06-A2E4-2D52C0ADA8D3.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	503.6 KB 
ID:	428189

Anybody else worry all these military aged males exiting Russia into neighboring countries are a stealthy invasion? Maybe they know the location of secret weapon stashes from the Soviet era. Once fully armed they take over these countries. Putting the CCCP band back together again.

Or maybe I’ve seen Red Dawn too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Anybody else worry all these military aged males exiting Russia into neighboring countries are a stealthy invasion? Maybe they know the location of secret weapon stashes from the Soviet era. Once fully armed they take over these countries. Putting the CCCP band back together again.

No, We’re one signature away from officially being in WW3. Red dawn is exactly what you should be thinking about.

No doubt there are some GRU/SVR/FSB among those fleeing who will be up to no good, but probably most just don't wanna die for Putin.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The concern among Baltic states is that FSB agents will also enter the country. It's not an unfounded concern because we know some of the early Russian successes in Ukraine's south were due to sleeper agents. Also recall the street fighting that took place in Kyiv during the first week of Russia's invasion. The Russian plan was to decapitate the government and the fighting was a lot more pitched than most people realize.

I still say let them emigrate and have said so since the start of the war, but that's the concern.

On another topic, there were a few people here who said Ukraine would *never* take back territory but Ukraine continues to liberate parts of their country. This week they surrounded a large Russian force in a cauldron and a few hours ago they entered the key city of Lyman.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post

Giving a bunch of drunkie kleptocrats hopped up on Duganism a lotta credit there...

Most are getting "debriefed" by their hosts about now anyway...Pretty sure there ain't gonna be many shady tourists overstaying their welcome, much less the known crews of PutinPaid shit disturbers and counter-protesters Finland Turkey and the former Bloc states are as familiar with as Russian bad breath.

It’s so quiet, it’s so cool, it’s so cold

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The concern among Baltic states is that FSB agents will also enter the country. It's not an unfounded concern because we know some of the early Russian successes in Ukraine's south were due to sleeper agents. Also recall the street fighting that took place in Kyiv during the first week of Russia's invasion. The Russian plan was to decapitate the government and the fighting was a lot more pitched than most people realize.

I still say let them emigrate and have said so since the start of the war, but that's the concern.

On another topic, there were a few people here who said Ukraine would *never* take back territory but Ukraine continues to liberate parts of their country. This week they surrounded a large Russian force in a cauldron and a few hours ago they entered the key city of Lyman.
    Been one hell of a day.

Lyman is still going down. This battle will not end well for Russia.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk