Adjusting heel piece of pivots?

Anyone know how to slide the heel piece back on these suckers? Not obvious to me at first glance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1645204560.195970.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	406491

Turn the screw (circled in red, labeled 1) on each side of the heel piece. You want them to be roughly even.

The dashes on the post (circled in red, labeled 2) on each side help you make sure they're even. There are 3 sets of dashes, don't go past the third set or you won't have enough engagement to keep the heels on.

Pivots only have 5-7mm of heel range, and it looks like you've only got a couple mm left. These adjustments are mainly meant for forward pressure.

Check this thread for all the forward pressure info: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-the-indicator

Name:  Image1645204560.195970.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  147.4 KB

See the black arms on the side of the dildo/with the screw heads at the top? ….it adjusts from there….but it ain’t gonna be much…..(there will be no “sliding” it back so to speak.

Screw it back to the “3rd ring”…..and see if that helps…..it’s really only a micro adjustment….not gonna do much good if you are looking to accommodate a different boot size +/-8-10 mm….

Good luck…hope you only looking to do a slight adjustment/forward pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Turn the screw (circled in red, labeled 1) on each side of the heel piece. You want them to be roughly even.

The dashes on the post (circled in red, labeled 2) on each side help you make sure they're even. There are 3 sets of dashes, don't go past the third set or you won't have enough engagement to keep the heels on.

Pivots only have 5-7mm of heel range, and it looks like you've only got a couple mm left. These adjustments are mainly meant for forward pressure.

Check this thread for all the forward pressure info: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-the-indicator

Name:  Image1645204560.195970.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  147.4 KB
    Shoot, I may need a remount then. I think these were mounted for 300 and I need 306. According to the seller, they were mounted 1 cm back from recommended. Think it'd be easiest to remount the toe .5 to 1 cm forward and then adjust the heels in from there? Thanks.

These are OG Cochise if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Shoot, I may need a remount then. I think these were mounted for 300 and I need 306. According to the seller, they were mounted 1 cm back from recommended. Think it'd be easiest to remount the toe .5 to 1 cm forward and then adjust the heels in from there? Thanks.

These are OG Cochise if it matters.
    I think if you move the toe 1cm up you'll end up needing to wind the bindings in too far and may end up without enough forward pressure. If the binding is mounted perfectly for a 300 BSL then that would mean the forward pressure is correct at the middle set of hashes - so you'd only have a few mm in each direction.

Might need a full remount - Pivots are a little frustrating in that regard.

I would move the heel piece back off until you reach that third line, then check the fit. You should have 5-7 mm to take up and still get the fwd pressure correct on either side of the center line, ie 12-14 mm full range of adjustment. Your 306 will be back another 3mm from the -1.

But yeah, it'll be close on the fit. You could just mount the toe fwd 1-1.5 cm fwd and also be fine.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

When you do screw the heel back, you may run into problems. You may have too much contact between outer edges of the boot sole heel and where the dildo arms are riveted to the base plate. Judicious dremeling of the plastic sole might help.

If you decide to sell the og cochise instead of remounting shoot charlesj a pm. He might be interested.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Pivots only have 5-7mm of heel range,

Not true or maybe I am not following you.

Yes pivots are a special kind of whacky in the world of alpine bindings and no they do not have the at-least-20mm-adjustment range easily of most any other alpine bindings but they have a about 15mm of adjustment range.

If they were correctly mounted for a 301 (i find pivot jig mounts tight for given BSL) you should be able to get that 6mm, no problem, winding them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

So I took these into the shop to avoid fucking this up and they said I am missing a piece that is needed to adjust the forward pressure. Is this piece actually required or just for legal reasons? How hard would it be to source that piece of plastic? I'm headed to the Rossignol warehouse here in town now to see what they have. Also, probably need a toe remount according to them.

Black piece, back of heel:

Name:	look.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	599.9 KB 
ID:	406986

No black piece:

Name:	look2.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	691.2 KB 
ID:	406987

Rossignol hooked me up with a new heel piece, so I'm gtg now.